Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You mean that when maiev having a blink ? That makes her a mage I don't think so.
    No im talking about her being a complete anti-mage nazi that tried to kill malfurion because he allowed the highborne back into their society.

So they couldn't made something that look more for tauren like for example seal of the sun, seal of earth ?
    Yes they could, but thats just the spell name, the effect would be the same. Doesnt really matter.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    And actually to go further with that; I've been around this for long enough to remember a great many conversations about the NDA. A few people had said a reason for it being there was so other companies would have a harder time "using" their ideas. The thought was met with laughter and ridicule from some. So I have to ask, who's laughing now?

I really hope Bioware did indeed keep a few things totally secret. They mentioned long ago that they have a system for endgame that will be unique, besides also having raids and such. I hope that didn't get scrapped and they can unveil it soon without worry of it being "used" by another before they are ready to use it themselves.
    I would be scared too if an expansion that was just announced and doesn't have a release date implements an idea before a game that releases this year. Everyone keeps saying they copied ToR and i can only find 1 thing that can be argued. The best part of this stuff is if you compare what ToR has taken from WoW there is a massive flame fest.

Deleted
    While I personally think that Blizzard are acting more stupid with Pandaria than they have usually for the past years, we must also recognize that those who are vocal are in the minority. Most people who play the game will most likely not even think about it/notice any difference and simply cough up the money, you would probably surprised how many actually act this way.

But yes, Blizzard is very, very desperate coming out with this expansion. WoW has been WoW since it began, now they are trying to turn it into something completely different in order to cater to players who would otherwise be interested in GW2 and SWToR, players who most likely are no longer interested in WoW. I wouldn't do as 20 people who went out the door on me wanted if I knew I still had 80 remaining being content with what I did, but to Blizzard that apparently isn't enough, they need the whole 100. Only god knows why.

Its sad cuz I played since damn near launch and love the world they built, but this just seems so sloppy compared to the past... Plus the only reason id go back is to try a new class, but with them eliminating the ability to play a ninja werewolf... Fuck MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    Minus the complete Pokemon ripoff (c'mon Blizz.... seriously?) the expansion looks pretty solid. It's just not for me. But, if SWTOR fails to deliver in it's first month, I'll be back.

Also am i correct in understanding pandarans are the new payable race... Not a, but the... As in both factions get the same race?
    Its surprising how much they lied to cover the leaks about this xpack or just doubled back on shit they once again claimed they'd never do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay View Post
    I would be scared too if an expansion that was just announced and doesn't have a release date implements an idea before a game that releases this year. Everyone keeps saying they copied ToR and i can only find 1 thing that can be argued. The best part of this stuff is if you compare what ToR has taken from WoW there is a massive flame fest.
    You keep coming back to this as if you haven't read the reasons why, or as if you're ignoring them. TOR's a game not even released yet that follows the traditional (WoW) model. We deal with the crap about being a WoW copy on a daily basis. WoW is a very established game that has a huge playerbase because of their systems. Ad now, they are changing those systems in order to utilize what unreleased titles are using. That's the difference and the reason people are up in arms. They are changing their game. If you can't see the total ripoffs from Rift, TOR, and GW2 for this new expansion, I don't know what to tell you.

WoW is not a new game to follow in the footsteps of other game models. They already dis that before. It is an older game that is changing that game to be like the newest competition. And that's a problem for a lot of people. The changing of the game, not so much the copying.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Its not so much the "Copying" that is the problem, its the changing the game to keep up with modern competition. SOE did the same thing with Galaxies, and see where that got them?

I wanted the new Expac to re-invigorate my interest in WoW but it's done the exact opposite the eastern feel to new zone is good on the eyes but gameplay wise and new talent system looks boring, one the biggest problem with the changes for me are that I can experience them in a new universe, nothing in the MoP announcements has made me think damn I wanna buy this expac. I have no interest in playing as a Panda and the new class doesn't look overly exciting either, it's a shame but after almost 7 years my time on WoW looks to be over my main hunter has the majority of those 7 years invested so I'm abandoning a lengthy investment of my time.

I know some people are going to love the new look WoW but it looks to be a really significant change to the game and I don't want to have to re-learn a game I already know so well when I can learn a brand new game. A lot of changes seem to be the best ideas from their competition and screams of desperation, "you love these ideas that SWTOR/GW2/Rift have devised look we can do it too please stay with us" Personally I'd rather learn and experience them in a new game not a 7 year old game that had an established style and model.

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    The guards would get you before you could finish charging, it takes 3-4 episodes to charge attacks remember?

"Great Ape Transformation
    Transforms you into a Great Ape, increasing your damage and health by 30% for 20s. Requires Full Moon to be active. If your tail is damaged, the transformation will cease."
    I doubt the guard will damage me enought to prevent kamehameha to be unsucessful. lol

I am not sure if i am surprised that people are harping on WoW potentially taking ideas from games where 75% of those games are inspired - and in some cases entirely copied from WoW. Guess what? It's a two way street. I can't speak much about GW2, and I can't go into specifics about TOR (NDA). So WoW is taking some ideas back from a game who took a lot of their ideas from WoW, seems like a trade to me.

No end of expansion boss clearly shows they have ran out of ideas

I don't have a problem with people being mad about the changing of the game, thats not what most people are talking about though.

I don't have a problem with people being mad about the changing of the game, thats not what most people are talking about though.
    Don't think you should be lurking the SW:TOR forums if you don't want to read about people disliking WoW, tbh.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Well, even if WoW is taking ideas from other MMORPG's that are set to be released, the game itself is pretty dated. Blizzard won't be as in-depth as the developers who have a better game engine to work with. I could be wrong, of course but that's my stance on the matter. I've noticed that a lot of the 'new' features WoW adds tend to be rather half-hearted. A good example would be the transmogrification system - it works in theory, but in practice it isn't really letting roleplayers (who should be the main target of such a system) do what they want.

The best part of this stuff is if you compare what ToR has taken from WoW there is a massive flame fest.
    The only flame fest is when someone comes along and actually says statements like that, or when they refer to SWTOR as WoW in space, without citing examples, or showing any evidence of actually researching the game before repeating what they heard in trade chat. Maybe you could elaborate on that some, instead of spreading snippy statements without laying out room for discussion?

Both games use the internet in a 3-D environment, using a mouse driven interface. Instances existed in EQ, as did PVP, as did quests and leveling. Why hold WoW on such a high pedestal?

A free seemless environment was a nice feature with WoW, but even that was ripped from AC, and even Ultima 4 or 5, with the load as you move type design.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I really hope Bioware did indeed keep a few things totally secret. They mentioned long ago that they have a system for endgame that will be unique, besides also having raids and such. I hope that didn't get scrapped and they can unveil it soon without worry of it being "used" by another before they are ready to use it themselves.
    There may be flashes of this in one of the operations trailers I've seen. You see several raid members fighting mobs, while a few members are off at computers. Not sure what they're doing, but if people have to do things other than kill mobs while raiding, that should be fun. I envision them having to play some sort of mini game or solve some puzzle to shut a system down or something like that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoal View Post
    I am not sure if i am surprised that people are harping on WoW potentially taking ideas from games where 75% of those games are inspired - and in some cases entirely copied from WoW. Guess what? It's a two way street. I can't speak much about GW2, and I can't go into specifics about TOR (NDA). So WoW is taking some ideas back from a game who took a lot of their ideas from WoW, seems like a trade to me.
    Well to be honest, almost every feature in wow was taken from else where. Wow Copied games that came before, during, and now games still in development. I've been a fan of WOW since it's release, and I do not wish it to end, but for me, the game has lost enough sparkle for me to loose interest. Add in the fact that SW:TOR really interests me, I won't be playing the next expansion.

That being said, in the past when WOW took obvious game mechanics from other games, I noticed, but didn't hate them for it. Yes a tad unoriginal, but the added mechanics were nice, and to me it appears as a nod of the hat to the game the idea came from (Example: achievements in WAR). But this is a seemingly complete revamp of how the game works, and that's a tad much. Perhaps if all the changes occurred over time, it would be more accepting, but all at once?

To be taking ideas from unreleased games is, again in my eyes, a nod of the hat to the developers. Blizzards way of saying "Good idea". BUT with all the criticism that Blizzard's been getting since CATA, it's something that's going to be analyzed and scrutinized over by all those who are unhappy with the game. No matter what blizzard does now (Even before blizzcon) there's going to be an extremely vocal group calling for the heads of the developers. Blizzard is truly their own worst enemy. All of their past decisions have lead to this inevitable discontent (from a vocal minority). I'm sure they will sell quite a few expansions, and be around for a long time to come. I wish them the best.

That being said, I have a strong feeling that SW:TOR subscription will receive a small boost in subscription numbers from those not interested in MoP expac. Not everyone leaving WOW because of MOP will be going to SW:TOR, but some will.

I had pre-ordered SW:TOR on the first day possible, and quit WOW before that. This announcement hasn't changed my views at all, though it has reenforced my decision to quit WOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said they may have a few puzzles like the one for Eternity Vault, but it won't be a common practice. It needs to fit into the design or they won't do it.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

It will be interesting to see how much of what Blizz has promised for MoP actually makes it into the expansion, with what they claimed would be in Cataclysm and failed to deliver.