Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Blizzcon so far has increased my excitement for SWTOR

I just got home from work and checked the front page and I gotta say, after reading all the new info from Blizzcon, I couldn't be happier about my decision to switch to SWTOR.

Also, some of info makes me think that there are Blizz developers in SWTOR beta right now. Several of the changes sound like stuff that is IN SWTOR ALREADY! The big bad established game is stealing ideas from a game still in beta...that cracks me up!
    Last edited by iceberg265; 2011-10-21 at 10:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Judging by many people's reaction to Blizzard's new expansion...

It looks like BioWare and ArenaNet may be letting out a sigh of relief after today's BlizzCon.

Lots of people seem to be very upset about what's coming out in the next expansion. Personally, I kind of like it (not a fan of the new talent system, though) and will be re-subbing (for a month or so) to check out the new Monk class. Nevertheless, reading through the general forums, it doesn't look pretty for Blizzard.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I think they're laughing their heads off when people say that Blizzard is copying from GW2 and SWTOR
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree for the most part. The no auto-attack for monks, scenarios, and new talent system all remind me of TOR. That is a good sign. WoW really does seem to be trying to kick things up a notch. Good stuff.
    I like sandwiches

Blizz made me a Happy Panda

Good that i don't Play there Games anymore

I think they definetly realize now blizzard is damn afraid of them when they sell out their next major AAA title trying to save world of warcraft for another year

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    I think they're laughing their heads off when people say that Blizzard is copying from GW2 and SWTOR
    I know I am laughing about it...A 6 year old game is taking ideas from a game still in beta...thats awesome.

/continues the countdown to 12/20

I haven't read much into it yet though the "remake" talents is something people are buzzing over now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of those who complain and claiming "Lawl fail blizz i quit pandas are teh gay kidz" will play. They will continue to play through all the patches and complain like they always do. I just need to hold out for 1 month and 28 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I have to admit that I find it hilarious that Blizzard is pulling ideas from games that are in their Beta stages, should be quite funny seeing some people eat their words :P. In all seriousness this Blizzcon information just made me break away that much harder from WoW and look more and more towards TOR. *Just 59 days and 6 hours (minus Early Access remaining*
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

I'm really not sure what I can say without breaking beta NDA, but yea there are at least 4-5 changes that made me go...hey didn't SWTOR come up with that?

I've been playing WoW since Pre-BC and was already committed to moving to SWTOR when it releases. Today's Blizzcon releases only solidified that.

The idea that there is no main antagonist of this expansion, other than the opposite faction, is just odd for the game. Then they throw in Poke'mon. Don't get me wrong, I have always enjoyed getting pets, but looking at those screens makes me think of something I would see for their April Fools Day jokes.

I do think they are very concerned, which is why, I think, they came out with the promotional plan that if someone subs for the 12 months plan they'll get Diablo 3 for free and a beta invite to the expansion. Having this is their way to keep people paying throughout the long term of when SWTOR will be picking up its steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. To me it seems like they are curling up in a corner ready to take a beating.

To completely change a 7 year old game to copy the things of GW2 and TOR is something I can't see working.

It sounds just like what SWG did.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Blizz seems to be dumbing down WoW even more.

I think they're actively trying to kill the game so people will actually play Titan when it is released instead of just staying with WoW. I was talking to a friend and they said they're trying to distance WoW from what it used to be, so they can release Titan as an old school WoW clone, and then pass it off as different from WoW, since WoW now seems nothing like what it used to be.

im laughing at the people that were hard core raging over the pandas being a playable race, then turn around and say omg MoP gonna be the best expansion ever!!! also wtf with DK getting a force choke like ability can you be more obvious blizzard lol

It is pretty interesting that they're catering to the asian subscribers like this. Though I guess it makes sense after Egypt and all.
    I think many of the new things Blizzard is implementing are exactly what wow needs to keep buoyant and this is what should worry BW and EA when they look at the final statistics of the expansion announcement. To me it looks like Blizzard is marketing wow to a younger type of player, and probably trying to work out a better dichotomy between swtor and itself. Hopefully this is not just wishful thinking. Regardless, this blizzcon turned out much better for BW than what I thought it would.

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

I admit I'll probably play the next WoW expansion too, at least to level cap. I don't think all those things like pve scenarios would be worth sticking around for long term and I have never and will never touch raiding in WoW so yeah, MOP looks like a leveling adventure for me and not much else after that. SWTOR and GW2 still looks better in every conceivable way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    That pve scenario thing is from Rift instant adventure. Go over to the GW2 forums and the word "quest" and get ready to swarmed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I don't know. To me it seems like they are curling up in a corner ready to take a beating.

To completely change a 7 year old game to copy the things of GW2 and TOR is something I can't see working.

It sounds just like what SWG did.
    They also copied some things from Rift as well. Such as the Sha manifestations (aka rifts) and the monk healing specialization which heals by doing damage to your foe (aka Rift's Chrolomancer).

The whole expansion seems a bit desperate to me.

Deleted
    I know some people look at it and hate it, but I LOVE the new WoW talent system, despite the fact I'll still be going to SWTOR.