Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    WoW is far away from dying.. but it s taking big hits with SWTOR and MoP (own goal lol
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Adeodatus View Post
    I'm just sorry to see wow walk down this road. I loved the game and have alot of fond memories, but I am glad I am leaving while there is still something to miss. This vanilla player will not look back.
    Hear, hear.

What am I going to do for the next two months for my gaming needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a lot of posts saying that ppl wont quit WoW or change MMO's because of the reputation you lose, and the time you put into your char. But WoW killed reputation when they announced cross-realm LFG. As far as time put in char that will never change, i loved my time in WoW, killed demons, dragons, undeads and i won't see my char run about a forest killing rabbits monkeys and mantises. Maybe its just me.

(I stopped reading half-way through page nine of this thread...)

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCold View Post
    Everything WoW has done lately has just seemed like a pathetic cash grab. Less raids, less bosses and the talk of additional fees for premium content and now a fairly underwhelming expansion. TOR just seems like that much more bang for the buck now. Looking forward to TOR with no regrets.
    If this was truly the case, I'd like to think my Blizz-Activision stock would be doing better...

I enjoyed my time with WoW for the most part, but Cataclysm was boring, and I didn't resubscribe after Jan 2011. I have zero interest in World of Kung Fu Panda and questing/exploring in Chi, er, Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Pretty much. It seems Blizzard is trying to keep as many subs as they can until they can announce Titan and start hyping up Titan so that their investors won't be discouraged with the continuous fall in subs that WoW will keep having.
    I'm not overly concerned as an investor. Blizz-Activision still has Diablo 3, 2/3 of Starcraft 2, and the CoD games (overrated as they are...) to generate future revenue.

Competition leads to better games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    The marketing for Diablo is smart. "keep subbed to our game for a year, have shiny things". Aka, don't sub to the newer games coming out. By the time time that year is up, we'll almost have an expansion for you to try.

P.S. We'll make money back from the AH, so we're not really taking a hit.
    Or "OK, since you're leaving to try SWTOR/GW2 anyway and there's nothing we can do to stop you; why not pay for a year's worth of sub you won't use? We'll throw in a game and a shiny pony if you do!"
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Or "OK, since you're leaving to try SWTOR/GW2 anyway and there's nothing we can do to stop you; why not pay for a year's worth of sub you won't use? We'll throw in a game and a shiny pony if you do!"
    The pony that ghostcrawler promised me came a little too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idunno. I'll play through MoP for sure, looks pretty cool. I always enjoy Asian themed stuff, especially in games...dat erhu. <3 But Idunno how long I'll play it. I'll definitely be playing TOR, that's for sure. Probably moreso than MoP, but I do admit...the monk class has me interested greatly...dangit.

ಠ_ಠ
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    I'm more fond of -

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most" - Mark Twain
    sadly he and i are in the same boat on this 1. my mind ran away a LONG time ago and i gave up looking for it

The only way I'll be playing WoW/MoP is if SWTOR tanks. The probability of me coming back is pretty slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Hear, hear.

What am I going to do for the next two months for my gaming needs.
    right now im playing Force Unleashed for my sith kicks
    Halo for my trooper kicks
    and just for fun and something new Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    sadly he and i are in the same boat on this 1. my mind ran away a LONG time ago and i gave up looking for it
    Shameless plug of the greatest beatboxer that has ever lived.

So, today I watched the "Fall of the Lich King" cinematic. You know, the one where Arthus dies. The top rated comment read:

"Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him".

I thought about this, and it's true. 3.3 was the last good WoW patch, and Cataclysm killed it. While watching the clip, I got chills as I realized much of the dialogue was prophetic. Quotes like:

"Father! Is it over?"
    "At long last."

"No king rules forever my son"

"I must be forgotten!"

"Now go! Leave this place! And never return!"

Seem like a fitting end to WoW. I feel kinda depressed now, as I realize that my favorite game has died a painful death.

Oh well, here's to the future. Hopefully ToR and GW2 can pick up the pieces.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

Just something I thought was funny..

The new holiday quests in WoW let you choose who you turn the quest into. The honest archeology student who wants to lock the magical artifacts away safely, or the lying person who claimed the goods were stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by ruinshin View Post

The new holiday quests in WoW let you choose who you turn the quest into. The honest archeology student who wants to lock the magical artifacts away safely, or the lying person who claimed the goods were stolen.
    Thats funny because of TOR came up with morale choices in quests am I right? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    They came up with them in MMOs, though (at least, to my knowledge).
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    More, its funny that people have been asking for it for ages, and they only get around to doing it because TOR is doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruinshin View Post

Whilst that's true, nothing really changes regardless of who you side with. You end up getting the exact same reward no matter what you do and as soon as the quest is over...it doesn't affect you for an entire year until (presumably) you can repeat it when the world event quests reset.

If I continue to play WoW it will exclusively to play World of Pokemoncraft seeing as Game Freak will never realise the potential of an online Pokemon game.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is what I don't like to see. This has become a WoW/Blizzard bashing thread, then into who is a bigger fanboy. Closing this.