10+ Year Old Account

No New Mage Talents 2.0?

so, unless im completely missing something, Mage class is the only class that gets absolutely nothing new in their talents. I know some of you may say "Hey you get new Polymorph changes"...who cares, everything else is basically taking the 3 specs unused/rarely used current talents and making this. Every other class is getting a new form, new and revamped abilities, etc, what about the mage class?
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

I'm not excited at all about the mage class in Pandaria. If I end up playing I won't be playing a mage unless the talents are overhauled. I don't want all my talents to be formerly iconic abilites (Talent for Cone of Cold? Really?) and our lvl 90 abilities are dumb. We don't have a single talent that like 'Make something you use all the time better/you get a cool cooldown' like the warlock grimoires, or the Kiljaeden/Illidan tier. Its really sad how dumb the mage talents look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, most classes are getting double dmg (shaman dragonwrath talent), or increased dmg/healing talents....Mages get NOTHIGN, absolutely nothing new, nothing increased, nothing decreased, were exactly the same as we are now. What was blizzard thinking?

Apparently like the 4.3 patch...the Mage class is absolutely perfect in Blizzards eyes, nothing's really getting changed, so why change anything with the class or give us anything new in the new expansion?
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Worst part is there is a grand total of 2 new abilities for mages, Frostjaw and Arcane flows, they are both fairly underwhelming. Wheres my cool ability?

Guess I'll be playing my hunter or warlock as a main next expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty disappointed at the previews too, it seemed like everybody else got something really interesting.. a few things even. im sure it's not permanent though..maybe they just didnt figure out anything in time? stuff will probably be changed/added. otherwise i dont think id be playing my mage

I'm upset at how little attention was given to mage talents. It was absolutely awful preview for the mage class. What little hype I had from the initial reveal of the expansion has now gone out the window.

Our level 90 talents are about as boring as you can currently get?

We're mages, damage dealers and we get a bunch of slows and snares for our max level talents.

Cool stuff!

Deleted
    comparing our talents to warlocks its ... WTF ... if they do this almost all mages will left the game i will for shure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah, the resto druids of cata:}
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by invictusordead View Post
    comparing our talents to warlocks its ... WTF ... if they do this almost all mages will left the game i will for shure.
    My mage has been my main since vanilla, as my sig cna show ive put a hell of a lot into this character, but if they leave it as is, I will probably make my holy palladin my main character that has almost nothing....because you know what, they at least get something interesting this next expansion.

Deleted
    It looks abit bland, but i like the dobbelt poly thing. Wonder if Frostjaw will replace Deep - hope not, deep isnt listed in Cold Snap though, maybe they just took it out. And yea, slight envy towards Locks as well - new Demons among other stuff