Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Mindflay gives us Orbs instead of Envangelism, and Orbs have a graphical representation on the UI much like Soul Shards do currently.
    and how do you get evangelism? thats still a requisite for Archangel, where would that come from then? it must also be accessible for holy and disci...

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Dark evangelism is a stupid mechanic anyway, I don't mind if they remove it.
    I really didn't mind it, and I doubt any spriest from Wrath did either because they remember Shadow Weaving.

What's terrifying is the Holy Power BS. I levelled a pally in Wrath and fully enjoyed tanking and ret. It was my favorite alt. I figured I'd level it right after my priest when Cata hit. Then I tried it with Holy Power, and wtf? Clunky as hell, too much waiting. The playstyle became a chore rather than on edge or fun.

If MB has no CD, perhaps it won't be all bad. However, I want to see how this affects Empowered Shadows. Will it still be activated by MB with an orb? Are they really going to allow us to refresh it without waiting for a CD? Not to mention that you can ONLY use MB with orbs, so if it stays RNG (they did say they might remove the RNg aspect), I doubt it, and I'm betting they'll put the CD back in. That'll totally mess with the timing Shadow currently maintains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    they did say they might remove the RNg aspect
    I always ask myself: is it really that hard?
    instead of having a stupid proc chance, why don't they just scale it down to a small value thing, that always happens?
    example: procchance is 18%, to simplify we'll say 20% that means you get one orb out of 5 MF or SW:P ticks.
    why not let every tick generate a "shadow spark", and each 5 shadow sparks convert into an Orb automatically?
    that means you actually always get 1 orb after 5 ticks of MF or SWP, and there's no freaking RNG left.

or: we have a maximum of 15 orbs, and every MF or SWP ticks gains one orb. but each orb has 1/5 of the power of the current orbs (in terms of +dmg for MB)

is it that hard to find a solution, that is a tiny bit different then the current one, that eliminates RNG? I think not...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    and how do you get evangelism? thats still a requisite for Archangel, where would that come from then? it must also be accessible for holy and disci...
    Archangel says it requires evangelism for the "caster form" which is the healing one. For shadow it only mentions orbs so it might be that holy/disc apparently will have evangelism but shadow might not.

so it does...
    Now we can speculate what that means. because Evangelism has no use whatsoever for Holy, if holy doesnt get attonement.
    will holy get attonement aswell?
    will evangelism get changed?
    will it be made to a Holy power style mechanic? xD

I would "hope" they would change evangelism so that it would be useful to holy, otherwise it would definitely defeat the idea of not having obvious choices in the talent trees.

Smite and Holy Fire could stack Evangelism on their own, just for casting the spell (Also useful to the levelling Priest), and Atonement be baked into a Discipline passive. I think that's the easiest implementtion, carrying over what we have currently. But it doesn't change the fact Archangel would remain a poor talent choice.

Maybe a mechanic to be included off of the Holy Words?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Archangel says it requires evangelism for the "caster form" which is the healing one. For shadow it only mentions orbs so it might be that holy/disc apparently will have evangelism but shadow might not.
    This. Though this also might imply that shadow orbs will actually give us a passion damage bonus like Evangelism. Also has anyone heard anything about Empowered Shadow?
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    This. Though this also might imply that shadow orbs will actually give us a passion damage bonus like Evangelism. Also has anyone heard anything about Empowered Shadow?
    Nope. No info out, yet. We'll see soon enough
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I haven't heard or seen anything about ES at all... I think it might be gone in 5.0... but that's just my guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I haven't heard or seen anything about ES at all... I think it might be gone in 5.0... but that's just my guess.
    I wonder what will happen to mastery in 5.0. It seems to be one of those things that would be very tempting to change around... across the whole board for all/many specs.