Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's funny how the people who most deserve rewards (the really good guilds, like Paragon) are almost never the ones asking this question.

I think he phrased it in a rude way, I would've never said that, but I don't disagree with him.

But the ppl who killed Rag hc after the nerf dont deserve it as much as the ones who killed him pre nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    Sounds like a typical Raider D-bag to me.
    I dont understand how wanting to keep hardmode raiding rewards to hardmodes makes him a dbag.

Some people insist on videogame hierarchy.

I don't like that attitude at all. At the end of the day, we all just want to have some fun and those who won that pretty mount are damn f-cking happy. But you don't want them. :/

Best question so far.

All-in-all, he just wants to be a special snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I'm not a endgame raider anymore, but since I was I understand 100% that people who put more effort only deserve better rewards.

Give everybody something, and those who worked for it a small bonus.
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

What he should have asked is why 10 and 25 heroic both have the exact same drop rate of the mount. Makes even less sense than it having a chance of dropping in normal.

Quote Originally Posted by DeekZ View Post
    I guess it just comes down to who you are in-game. If you're a more casual player of course you'll disagree with me because you want your chance at the mount. If you're a more hardcore player you'll probably agree because you can actually kill Heroic Ragnaros.
    I agree that the mounts just have a much bigger cool factor when you know they are ONLY available from the toughest bosses on the most brutal difficulties, but that's no reason to be a raging dick about it like that guy was. :/ It's sad how often people choose a route of dickishness when being a decent person can get the same point across. You see the same thing online; people often can't deliver critiques on the Internet without being d-bags, even though it's totally possible to be critical of something without actually being a dick.

Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

Douchebag? He was one of the very few who asked a decent question. Heroics should be rewarding. There is NOTHING rewarding from heroics in this expansion so far, NOTHING.
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse (25-N) testing is complete! Today's Wisdom:
    One man's Trash is another Man's Heroic Boss.

If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Seriously? He got to ask them one question and it had to be that one... No one deserves something more than another player in a video game yea that un-enchanted/un-gemmed player who probably can't play very well has the same mount as you but when it comes down to it, it's just a mount. He could have worded his question into a legitimate question but no he had to waste peoples time with something so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Douchebag? He was one of the very few who asked a decent question. Heroics should be rewarding. There is NOTHING rewarding from heroics in this expansion so far, NOTHING.
    Sure it was a decent question, if he thought it out and worded it right. He could of asked if they had any plans to give players who spend time on Heroics something more rewarding and Heroic only than Normal raids.
    Last edited by Xuany; 2011-10-21 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.
    Sounds like you're confusing "effort" with "physical effort"

Quite a lot of WoW raiders actually put more effort into WoW than people who play sports put into their sports

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    There's effort, certainly. But there's also players who apparently have such massive self-esteem issues that they need external verification of their "superiority" over their fellow players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassnectar View Post
    I agree, worked our asses off for Ironbound and now you can like 10man with out even know the fights and get it.
    ulduar isnt even hard anymore and its old content who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Hollre View Post
    Some people insist on videogame hierarchy.

I don't like that attitude at all. At the end of the day, we all just want to have some fun and those who won that pretty mount are damn f-cking happy. But you don't want them. :/
    There will always be one, no matter how much you dislike it. Some people put alot of time and effort into this game and play it for more than fun.

Warchief
    Yeah. I kinda wanted to punch that guy in the face through the computer screen.

Give everyone a chance at something cool. Give the so-called 'hardcore' raiders something special. But let everyone have a chance.

He looked like the type of loser that would ask that question in that way.

Pale white, zits all over, braces...

Yeah, typical.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

Quote Originally Posted by Smetz View Post
    But the ppl who killed Rag hc after the nerf dont deserve it as much as the ones who killed him pre nerf.
    And that's the other big slippery slope when you choose to phrase a question like that. If you say somebody doesn't deserve something... well, how can one make such a judgement? How does the regular player decide when another regular player 'no longer deserves something'?

Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

What's probably worse: The mount does nothing else than what the other mounts do. Unless you're a mount collecter or something, it's a wasted question. -_-