Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.0 New Talent System, Abilities and the effects on PvP

Any thoughts on the new changes? Anything that stood out to you guys? Obviously these new talent and ability combos will create a more indepth game with a lot more choices and I think it should raise the skill cap on a lot of classes. Things that stood out to me in particular are the Warlock changes, what the hell is up with all that self healing?

For example;

Bloodstone - Heals the Warlock for 44% of his/her maximum health and increases healing received by 50% for 10 seconds.

Prep & Shadowstep being in the same tier (massive nerf), paralytic poison DRs? How will that work?

Obviously a lot of this won't go live or it'll get changed big time but as it stands, what do you think?

Also, 20% heal every time I shift out of roots! <3

It seems okayish, that being said I wont be playing mage if with the current talent setups... fucking boring as fuck! level 90 talents consist of 3 spells I already have acces to right now -,-'
    N

Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    It seems okayish, that being said I wont be playing mage if with the current talent setups... fucking boring as fuck! level 90 talents consist of 3 spells I already have acces to right now -,-'
    Mage seems pretty harsh > Mana Shield, Blazing Speed & Ice Barrier all in the same tier. Double Poly seems pretty bad as well really.

Hunters look good though XD for once. Especially with minimum range removal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got home and im freaking out..the warrior changes...ARE FUCKING AWESOME..WE JUST GOT MASSIVE MOBILITY, I THINK I CUMMED ALL IN MY PANTS..THIS IS CRAZY..IM RFEAKING OUT..THIS IS FUCKING CRAZY...DOUBLE TIME? THAT LOOKS SICK AS SHIT..HEY MAGE I DARE YOU TO BLINK BBECAUSE ILL FUCKING CHARGE AGAIN..THEN YOU DO SOME STUPID BLINK AGAIN AND ILL HEROIC LEAP..THEN ILL CHARGE AGAIN..AND THEN ONE MORE TIME..AND YOU WILL GET FUCKING SHIT ON....this is crazy...maybe warriors will finally be raging beast of fucking awesome again..avatar looks badass as well..oh my fucking god..

I don't like the talent changes.

They needed to revamp the system completely, but this is not good. Frankly, the only good solution I've seen lately for this type of character evolution is what you can see in Diablo 3.
    They should have made x skills per tree, where you could only choose, for example, 8 out of 10 possibilities, then implement the Diablo3/glyph system in order to allow real spell customisation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    Mage seems pretty harsh > Mana Shield, Blazing Speed & Ice Barrier all in the same tier. Double Poly seems pretty bad as well really.

Hunters look good though XD for once. Especially with minimum range removal.
    mage harsh they have been OP this whole expansion in PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Artran View Post
    I just got home and im freaking out..the warrior changes...ARE FUCKING AWESOME..WE JUST GOT MASSIVE MOBILITY, I THINK I CUMMED ALL IN MY PANTS..THIS IS CRAZY..IM RFEAKING OUT..THIS IS FUCKING CRAZY...DOUBLE TIME? THAT LOOKS SICK AS SHIT..HEY MAGE I DARE YOU TO BLINK BBECAUSE ILL FUCKING CHARGE AGAIN..THEN YOU DO SOME STUPID BLINK AGAIN AND ILL HEROIC LEAP..THEN ILL CHARGE AGAIN..AND THEN ONE MORE TIME..AND YOU WILL GET FUCKING SHIT ON....this is crazy...maybe warriors will finally be raging beast of fucking awesome again..avatar looks badass as well..oh my fucking god..
    Take into account what other classes gain to counter your buffs ;p

Hunters will probably shit all over you to the max in 5.0 XDDD

OH ALSO, Priests, a straight up swap of health? That seems a little over powered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artran View Post
    hey man fucking high five for warriors!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowforge666 View Post
    mage harsh they have been OP this whole expansion in PVP
    A lot of things have been over powered this expansion. Ferals & Rogues with Unheeded Warning? Warriors at the start of Cata globaling people? Warlock & Shaman synergy being stupid crazy but yes, Mages have been pretty sick so far, still seems like a harsh nerfed when you look at what other classes have. As somebody mentioned above, Warriors gaining more gap closers etc.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like that they're changing sham totems, but I also like bringing those extra buffs that are needed. The Jury is still out for me though. I'll need to see it in the trial stages that they have before the launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take into account what other classes gain to counter your buffs ;p

Hunters will probably shit all over you to the max in 5.0 XDDD

OH ALSO, Priests, a straight up swap of health? That seems a little over powered.
    Doubt it...ive already checked everything else. That priest think wont go live, but anyways..i have a HUGE feeling for the start of the expac warriors will be shitting on kids all over again..think about it. Charge>(mageblink)>charge>throwdown>reck>attacktrinket>owned

Deleted
    A lot of things have been over powered this expansion. Ferals & Rogues with Unheeded Warning? Warriors at the start of Cata globaling people? Warlock & Shaman synergy being stupid crazy but yes, Mages have been pretty sick so far, still seems like a harsh nerfed when you look at what other classes have. As somebody mentioned above, Warriors gaining more gap closers etc.
    yeah warriors got nerfed fast as hell while mages,rogues and ferals are still op now, i play a warrior and we are not OP, i cant waitfor patch 5.0 cos warriors are looking badass and cool like warriors are supposed to be atm we are plate wearing pansys who might aswell have a sword made of feathers

Quote Originally Posted by shadowforge666 View Post
    yeah warriors got nerfed fast as hell while mages,rogues and ferals are still op now, i play a warrior and we are not OP, i cant waitfor patch 5.0 cos warriors are looking badass and cool like warriors are supposed to be atm we are plate wearing pansys who might aswell have a sword made of feathers
    Well, I say it's Rogue > DK > Feral at the minute but that's just me, as I've said in other topics I'm not a hardcore PvPer so I don't know how Ferals are at higher levels but I know Rogues & UH DKs (Or Frost? :s I'm guessing the UH mobility > Frost burst at higher levels) are crazy good.

Also, that Priest ability just can't go live.

Example; Priest is at 100%, team mate is at 5% hp, Priest isn't CC'd, switch HP and LoS to heal up. The Rogue now has 100% HP and the Priest has 5% (quickly healing to 100% with 0 pressure). I don't know, that whole ability just seems incredibly dumb.

Honestly this system may actually fix some stuff in PvP or it could make it even harder to balance. This will be completely hit or miss imo. Either perfect or the end of competitive PvP's semblance of balance.

They actually can address EVERYTHING at once and not just spec by spec which is kinda nice. But there are like 2200 specs possibilities PER CLASS which could just be completely abused in terms of balance. This at heart is still a gimmick. There will ALWAYS be an optimal way to play and people that are quasi serious about the game will ALMOST ALWAYS pick that spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    Yea I will be rerolling monk

Paralytic Poison, by the description, will be a random stun.

I.E., it will not DR with Kidney, Cheap Shot, Every-other-stun-in-the-game-except-weapon-procs-and-Impact. (and that Rain of Fire stun)

10+ Year Old Account
    These talents look like a pain in the ass for people getting used to them.

Well, I say it's Rogue > DK > Feral at the minute but that's just me, as I've said in other topics I'm not a hardcore PvPer so I don't know how Ferals are at higher levels but I know Rogues & UH DKs (Or Frost? :s I'm guessing the UH mobility > Frost burst at higher levels) are crazy good.

Also, that Priest ability just can't go live.

Example; Priest is at 100%, team mate is at 5% hp, Priest isn't CC'd, switch HP and LoS to heal up. The Rogue now has 100% HP and the Priest has 5% (quickly healing to 100% with 0 pressure). I don't know, that whole ability just seems incredibly dumb.
    Imo it's better than Spirit Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Paralytic Poison, by the description, will be a random stun.

I.E., it will not DR with Kidney, Cheap Shot, Every-other-stun-in-the-game-except-weapon-procs-and-Impact. (and that Rain of Fire stun)
    Exactly, that seems incredibly.. over-powered I guess? Although it seems like Warriors are stunlocking harder than Rogues right now so I guess it's needed XDDD. Just seems a bit over the top.

Exactly, that seems incredibly.. over-powered I guess? Although it seems like Warriors are stunlocking harder than Rogues right now so I guess it's needed XDDD. Just seems a bit over the top.
    4 second stun really isn't that overpowered. It requires 5 stacks, and I don't believe we know the proc rate. Plus it requires melee.
    IMO Impact it worse (more overpowered)

Plus you sacrifice wound/mind numbing for it.

edit: Leeching poison + recuperate could make for some nasty self healing, depending on the health/damage values of MoP.