Tanking a possibility?

After looking at the talents and the vagueness of:

•Demonology will get Demonic Fury, you build up Demonic Fury and you metamorphosize when you max your Demonic Fury. More skills will be added to Demon Form, etc ...

This made me curious if anyone else thinks that demo tanking could be a real possibilty come MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by papadots View Post
    After looking at the talents and the vagueness of:

•Demonology will get Demonic Fury, you build up Demonic Fury and you metamorphosize when you max your Demonic Fury. More skills will be added to Demon Form, etc ...

This made me curious if anyone else thinks that demo tanking could be a real possibilty come MoP.
    While it would be awesome, since being a pure class is pointless these days, that obviously isn't what they're doing based on the bolded.

I hope not.
    We do not need a niche role again.
    Introducing another tank as a solution to shortages, which is the usual reason for this discussion will not work.
    Players don't tank because of the community, not any lack of tank capable classes because the DK did nothing about that shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I hope not.
    Introducing another tank as a solution to shortages, which is the usual reason for this discussion will not work.
    Players don't tank because of the community, not any lack of tank capable classes because the DK did nothing about that shortage.
    Yeah, players like me that want to offspec tank my main (lock) instead of rerolling a melee class or a druid don't exist, good call.

I, for one, would be stoked if demo became a tank tree and would probably make it my main spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I hope not.
    I think tank shortages stem a lot from the fact that you only need 2 tanks in a 25 man raid and that doesn't scale down to 25 mans at all. I never feel like there is tank shortages when raiding or healer shortages, you only really feel that in 5 mans.