Thread: Mortal Coil?!??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salpsan View Post
    yes, Harvest of Life is a very attractive spell but it will get interrupted sooo much in pvp.
    this is why most ppl are thinking along the lines of warlocks becoming tanks. that spell will be OP coupled with Metamorphosis + Immolation aura
    Fakecast my friend

Also, we do not know if this will replace deathcoil or will just be an extra "deathcoil" that is a lot stronger than the normal deathcoil.

15+ Year Old Account
    im pretty sure that peggleftw was referring to the difference between both warlock spells.
    answer: There isn't much of a difference, but someone speculated shadowfury to be better for PVE.

I always wondered why we had a death coil at all, The DK's had it patented first technically and theirs actually works how the WarcraftIII one worked (more or less)

Quote Originally Posted by Humungo View Post
    I always wondered why we had a death coil at all, The DK's had it patented first technically and theirs actually works how the WarcraftIII one worked (more or less)
    And the warlock death coil was the warcraft 2 one with an added horror effect. Additionally, the warcraft 2 death knights were dead warlock spirits processing the corpses of human soldiers. Warlocks having DC was never out of place really, until they had to share a skill name with DKs.

Taking away baseline abilities like howl of terror and DC seems really lame thou, so does taking away the damage from shadowfury and our new version of death coil.

Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    Also, we do not know if this will replace deathcoil or will just be an extra "deathcoil" that is a lot stronger than the normal deathcoil.
    I suspect it will replace it, but we don't know for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    I'm going to sorely miss Death Coil for pve... because there's no way any pve lock can afford to take Mortal Coil over Shadowfury. Hopefully Soul Leech makes up for it.
    lol I was going for Howl of Terror personally, I see these new "talents" garnering just the sort of diversity that Blizz hoped

I don't mind the name change, the healing increase is pretty crazy if it stays that way. I just hope all warlocks wont be casting all dots. Destro casting corruption is silly, I don't mind banes but rather wouldn't use them. In my head we should only cast spells that are in our specs spellbook page, only in PvE of course to just dps.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    lol I was going for Howl of Terror personally, I see these new "talents" garnering just the sort of diversity that Blizz hoped
    There isn't going to be diversity between players thou, just diversity between encounters. Since you can swap them on the fly, you'll always just be swapping to what makes more sense for what you're doing next, which will be the same as any other (competent) person as the same class/spec in the same situation. Eg: what lock is going to spec into howl of terror/shadowfury for a boss fight with unavoidable raid damage, and no CCable adds?

I'll be using Mortal Coil in PVE, and PVP. 25% heal is just too big to give up IMO. This is why I love these talent trees -OPTIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I'll be using Mortal Coil in PVE, and PVP. 25% heal is just too big to give up IMO. This is why I love these talent trees -OPTIONS!
    I think that most of the time the healing from Soul Leech should make it unnecessary, especially when you can mitigate so much damage through Soul Link/Nether Ward in addition (boy do I hope they revert the split healing from soul link somewhere down the line). Shadowfury is just way too useful to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    I think that most of the time the healing from Soul Leech should make it unnecessary
    If there is some point in time where I can stop and say, "no, that's too much healing" about my own abilities? I'll be a happy camper.

The amount of utility that shadowfury has is kind of ridiculous. Its a pretty unique spell, as AE stuns are uncommon as it is, but a targeted/long ranged AE stun at that.

Obviously the PvP comp and setting you're playing in while greatly determine which you take (Sharing stun DR or fear DR or the necessity of that healing CD) , being able to pick up shadowfury in any of the 3 PvE specs w/ no punishment is very very nice.
    Member of the 4.3 Firelord club.
    The very mention of demon warlock as a tanking spec makes me vomit profusely, so please abstain from it.

WBC needs damagers, ELE/ARMS/FIRE needed most. Wendigobrewing.com to apply! 2/8 heroic 25m. 3 days, 4 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by shapow View Post
    The amount of utility that shadowfury has is kind of ridiculous. Its a pretty unique spell, as AE stuns are uncommon as it is, but a targeted/long ranged AE stun at that.

Obviously the PvP comp and setting you're playing in while greatly determine which you take (Sharing stun DR or fear DR or the necessity of that healing CD) , being able to pick up shadowfury in any of the 3 PvE specs w/ no punishment is very very nice.
    It is indeed.
    Stuns having the advantage of not breaking on damage actually gives them a utility few ofther CC's have.

I think that the passive selfhealin will go away, thats why we see so many active healing talents