Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Engineering in MoP

Now, nothing may have been said of what to expect from current professions in the new expansion, but what do you hope to see?

With the new pet battle system, this opens the way for a lot more pets to be crafted by engineers. So I would love to see some battlebots or other awesome pets similar to that. Perhaps a few flying ones.

Gadgets! More gadgets! One that lets you walk on water but like all engineering it has the chance to backfire, and this time giving you concrete shoes causing you to sink into the depths.

Goblin/Gnomish engineering. While I do like being the last remaining profession in the game with a specialization, I hope to see this gone too. Or at least a questline that gives us the ability to train in both specializations and become a true master of engineering.

Looking forward to seeing other peoples ideas!

Deleted
    I'd like to see new tinkers that are very useful for all three roles.

Also, most importantly : new goggles.

Deleted
    removing fail chamce from nitro boosts....

Deleted
    Nice ideas Naibil!

I'd also like to see Genetic Engineering, where 'tinkers' are effectively applied to your body, instead of gear.
    So for example you could genetically engineer yourself an extra hard skeleton to increase armor, or enhance your eyesight for permanently improved stealth detection etc.
    Maybe have a 3rd arm that pops out as a proc in combat - no rude jokes please ;D
    This would stop you having to add tinkers to gear every time you get an upgrade, and could also add new fun into the profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketsis View Post
    Hell ye!
    How many times have this killed me....

I want bombs and grenades again.

I really hope they make goggles that would actually be useful the whole expansion. Kinda like they said they were going to do this expansion but didnt . They got the idea with the kogs and they could have just added in new kogs every patch to swap out and make the item scale with ur ilvl

Deleted
    Just give me new fun and cool stuff and I will be happy it can be a exploding Boob or something for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Naibil View Post
    Goblin/Gnomish engineering. While I do like being the last remaining profession in the game with a specialization, I hope to see this gone too. Or at least a questline that gives us the ability to train in both specializations and become a true master of engineering.
    No times infinity. Everything else is okay. I am a Gnomish Engineer and proud of it. I do hope we get new toys this expansion.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

Blizzard needs to add something like this...

http://www.wowitemcreator.com/view/3...ed_Button.html

It would be the GREATEST engineering item EVER!!

Deleted

Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Zapthrottle View Post
    This would stop you having to add tinkers to gear every time you get an upgrade, and could also add new fun into the profession.
    I'm sorry but you're basically asking here for one less reason to actually open and use your profession? Oh please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goggles every raid tier, like we were supposed to have >_>. And let us have our tinkers usable in PVP. :>.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Blizzard needs to add something like this...

http://www.wowitemcreator.com/view/3...ed_Button.html

It would be the GREATEST engineering item EVER!!
    Bahahaha. I love it.

There was a mention in the Q&A to suggest items that they could make. Perhaps with could get a bunch and I'll start a thread on the official forums.
    Last edited by Naibil; 2011-10-22 at 11:06 PM.

Deleted
    A new mount,perhaps?
    And something cool for the goblin engineers! (we need some love)

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously I've died too many times from this.

You fear which you cannot control, but can you control your fear?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t/Zhoom/simple

Deleted
    An Engineering gun that looks like a bazooka that fires bamboo. Do it.

Deleted
    Tinkers in arena and Rbg for engineering

Deleted
    It's quite funny sometimes ;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post
    It's quite funny sometimes ;p
    True but it does happen way too often for me.

It's also hilariously embarrassing when you're running alongside people and you go 'ROCKET BOOSTS! YOU JEALOUS SLOW PEOPL-*dies*

I actually want more novelty items, and I'd like them to work in raid instances. I have a lot of downtime between pulls where the RL is explaining fights to new people etc.

I'd also like the Synapse Springs tinker to carry over into MoP in some form.
    Last edited by kombucha; 2011-10-24 at 04:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.