Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any paladin player at Blizzcon care to ask a question for me?

Can any paladin player at blizzcon ask a question at the Class panel for me?

Will paladins get any fun and shiny new skills along the lines of what we can see the Death Knights, Druids, and priests got? Something new with a cool mechanic? Like the DK's Remoresless winter, or the Druid's Wild Charge, or the priest's Void Tendril's? It seems the current line up of paladin skills are quite dull.

Also, if you happen to be at the lore panel, can you ask what is the status of the Order of the Silver Hand right now?

I think they made our existing abilities more useful that we really never desired to use,

Consecration does something outside minimal aoe now, Seal of justice is actually a snare that isn't the trolling us with move speed cap,
    Fist 6 sec stun on 30 sec CD is obscenely strong, No deadzone on Long arm? Repentance is sheep with just a 1.5 cast and no cooldown.

We kept same names but the abiltiies themselves got a huge overhaul, and if our guardian gets 3 min CD at some point our holy avenger 90 talent will be far stronger then Warriors Avatar. It's not just 3 free holy power, It's a 0 HP cost meaning TV TV TV TV TV all in a row
    Last edited by anaxie; 2011-10-22 at 05:37 AM.

Yet we pretty much got nothing new or fun. Like the talents are suppose to be.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    It's not even in beta release and you are crying, astonishing

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    i agree with anaxie, why are you crying? i think the talents are fricken sweet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furiex View Post
    i agree with anaxie, why are you crying? i think the talents are fricken sweet.
    Seconding this. Liked some of the new stuff (REPENTANCE POLYMORPH FTW)

From what I've seen we don't get any cool new abilities or talents.

Right now, the Order of the Silver Hand is a part of the Argent Crusade. But if you ask me, they should recede from the Argent Crusade with a new leader and realign themselves with the alliance, that way they can do the things the Argent Crusade is afraid to do. Namely: Put and end to Sylvanas.

They said MoP is going to be all about war, It's time for neutral factions to take a hike.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Not crying pointing out a different opinon from you. Now we are not even in beta and you find these things fun, astonding. I can do that too.

Now tell me what is fun about our new talents. Not how they are useful, but how they are fun or interesting choices. In my opinon they arent. They are lackluster and poorly thought. Now i do hope blizzard goes back and looks at them, but i dont want to wait for beta to express my feelings.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

What bugs me is we have to choose a stun or a cc or a snare. I'd rather choose between 2 not 3 of those, mainly as 2 are baseline at the moment

Also I hope theyre not removing Zealotry, or at least are replacing it with something else. These talents are not supposed to be mandatory, and yet Zealotry is at present :S

Zealotry is going, but It'll be there in spirit as Holy Avenger

One thing I hope Holy Avenger does is Turn our Character model into the Guardian of Ancient King's model for the duration. Then it would be extremely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
    Zealotry is going, but It'll be there in spirit as Holy Avenger

One thing I hope Holy Avenger does is Turn our Character model into the Guardian of Ancient King's model for the duration. Then it would be extremely worth it.
    How do you know its going? Do you have inside info myself and others do not? I havent seen a list of Ret only abilities up untill level 90 :S

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    What bugs me is we have to choose a stun or a cc or a snare. I'd rather choose between 2 not 3 of those, mainly as 2 are baseline at the moment

Also I hope theyre not removing Zealotry, or at least are replacing it with something else. These talents are not supposed to be mandatory, and yet Zealotry is at present :S
    Zealotry won't be a talent but probably a specialization ability. I assume, since it is confirmed that retribution and protection is losing Holy Wrath, we may get more core or specialization abilities that are the shinnies of the class.

From what we can see, we will still have Consecration, Divine Storm, Avenging Wrath, Guardian of Ancient Kings, and Hammer of Wrath. We can probably assume Crusader Strike isn't going anywhere, unless they make Hammer a single target and give both specs Divine Storm as the AE. That leaves only a few buttons. I assume they want to take away junk like Turn Evil..... Or make it a better CC since I didn't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Yes because not whining and complaining has worked wonders. Its not like Blizzard has ever made bad descisions early on and let these go live anyway.

The "wait and see" argument has NEVER worked. Because Blizzard always failed to deliver. What a shock to see people already assuming the worst when the past 8 years have been nothing but slack, neglect and willfull sabotage from the devs. Yeah, very astonishing indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    What a shock to see people already assuming the worst when the past 8 years have been nothing but slack, neglect and willfull sabotage from the devs. Yeah, very astonishing indeed.
    And you're equally as astonishing for paying for it despite having such resent towards them.

Now as far as I can see, some of these talent options are still cookie-cutter depending on the scenario, such as "Speed of Light" being optimal for Holy paladins.

Personally the only talents that changed drastically besides the new 90 talents were Pvp ones. So as of right now, im not impressed with blizzards talent system. Hell one talent is freaking the *OLD* Holy Radiance lol

Deleted
    Im hoping for a fusion spell. Guardian + pala = 30 sec A W E S O M E N E S S

10+ Year Old Account
    To the Op, I hate to break it to ya but they pre screen all the questions asked in advance & are very restrictive in what they allow to be asked in the first place.

On the up side I'm happy they at least allow people to ask paladin centered questions now, back in TBC & vanilla they prohibited it.

---------- Post added 2011-10-22 at 07:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    And you're equally as astonishing for paying for it despite having such resent towards them.
    If they made all achievements, pets & mounts account wide at this point you would probably see very few if any people actually playing paladins, Except for holy of course.

When it comes to ret & prot most people who have played the class since pre wrath have given up hope blizzard will ever make a competent design for the specs.

Don't get me wrong the new expansion could do wonders for the design of ret & prot paladins if abilities/mechanics are implemented properly, but then again when has blizzard ever done anything but lazy half assed band aid fixes for ret.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Retrilol will still be a boring spec, you'll see it by your self.

Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    If they made all achievements, pets & mounts account wide at this point you would probably see very few if any people actually playing paladins, Except for holy of course.

When it comes to ret & prot most people who have played the class since pre wrath have given up hope blizzard will ever make a competent design for the specs.

Don't get me wrong the new expansion could do wonders for the design of ret & prot paladins if abilities/mechanics are implemented properly, but then again when has blizzard ever done anything but lazy half assed band aid fixes for ret.
    Did you not see this then?
    Achievements

Allow achievements to be shared among all characters on the same Battle.net account, things such as the raid achievements and the ones which are difficult to get.
    Allows to include new achievements such as "get all the professions to the maximum level"

Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post

Haven't said anything about mounts, but pets are going account wide as well.