Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Way to read WAY too much into things.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Metzen meant was that after all his talk about the war, the trailer wasnt going to show any of that, as only the starter area and the terrain of parts of the Pandaria zones are done. The effects of the war he was talking about are not visible yet, as they are not implemented yet. And his speech was really enjoyable, his voice is amazing
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2011-10-22 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Grammar

15+ Year Old Account
    He seems moved to tears every other minute.

He knows how to speak to the proper audience. Kickass introduction.

Bringing back the WAR in World of WARcraft. Mist of Pandaria, coming soon.
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

His body language was saying, to me, "oh god please don't let this flop".

I just keep waiting for him to say "Snap into a slim jim, oh yeaaaaah!"

I thought it was a good presentation by ol' Chris.

I think he set it up better this year than last. I'm just glad he didnt scream CATACLYSM like he did last year. I think he also tonned down on saying 'geek' 'geeking' and the like a bit.

And if all the doomsayers had listened to what he said instead of just watching the video, he explains why its all happy and pretty..
    Last edited by Qprah; 2011-10-22 at 10:50 PM.

Hes a good salesman thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Except...I have several guildies who were there. People were cheering all throughout the cinematic according to them.

But thanks for playing. There's tinfoil hats on the table by the door.
    So did your guildies also hear the boos from the crowd too? I also had friends there and they said the boos were loud and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
    I seem to remember last year Metzen yelling in his deep, infamous voice, "CATACLYSM!"
    This year simply, "Here ya go guys check this out..." Could just be the differing themes of the expansions...Chaos vs. Tranquility. Eh who knows...but this war he speaks of between the Horde and the Alliance and the effect it has on the
    Pandarian culture gets him fired up.
    Well last Blizzcon everyone kne without a doubt that Cataclysm was the next expansion, so no reason not to scream it out. Pandaria was barely suspicious as the next expansion, so he wanted to keep it that way and let the video do the job for him.

The entire staff looked tired by Friday night and looked like complete hell by this (Saturday) evening. I'm guessing they're all overworked right now

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG before the video he went thrall voice

No Tusk Club.

Chis Metzen needs no justification!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Except...I have several guildies who were there. People were cheering all throughout the cinematic according to them.

But thanks for playing. There's tinfoil hats on the table by the door.
    Except, I have several guildies who were there too, and from their perspective, the booing was louder than the cheering. Yet, if you listened to the stream, you didn't hear a single boo. The cheers you heard were pre-recorded, guy.

He did look a little ill. He sounded, overall, fairly energetic.

However, his preface for the Pandaria expansion has me worried. I fear that we might not see as much of this Horde v. Alliance 'war' (or the build-up to war) in this expac, in Pandaria. If you have to explain that rather than letting the trailer speak for itself (did you see any Horde or Alliance elements in there?)... well.

Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post

Is it just me or does he not seem to be too happy about the news he's providing? He usually seems much more giddy but here he seems quite grim, almost bored or disappointed.

And then he also tries to justify the video that follows (when he says "while your watching this, imagine you are at the calm before the storm, just keep that in your head while you watch this")
    Honestly, my first thought was "Jesus how much coke did he just snort backstage?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    That talk made me tear up.

I got all hyped up.

Never knew he had such an effect on people.
    Metzen is a boss. I've always loved that guy, I've lost count of the amount of times I've done the Nefarian dialogue in the shower, he's the Steve Jobs of Blizzard and he is an undeniably charismatic character. I could listen to the bastard all day.
    "The truth, my goal."

10+ Year Old Account
    He is taking an apologetic tone.

People who hate MoP thought he looked disappointed.
    people who love MoP thought he looked excited.
    Same ol same ol

Deleted
    Ya know, I've watched bits of him before (Cata Blizzcon Lore Q&A) and he sounded a bit bored then.
    Now? Jesus flying Christ, that guy gets you pumped.

10+ Year Old Account
    he is the steve jobs of mmo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    and a Doomhammer in his hand.

He seemed high or ill.
    My vent came to the consensus that he was high.
    LOLINFRACTED