Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Soulburn gone then?

With soul shards only being part of Affliction, are Demo and Destro losing their soul shard empowered spells?

Will we be hardcasting a pet mid boss fight for the sacrifice buff?

:X

The shards never quite lived up to their prior hype, in part potentially because most of their abilities had to be available irrespctive of spec
    With the seperation of specs into differing resource types then I am hoping to see some introduction of spec based cooldowns, outside of the current and best example of meta.

well with the new spec based recourse system there is gona be atotaly diffrend cd system and allot more interesting rotations allso i wonder how demon soul is gona work and what will happen to mastery those are rather big questions atm but yea its either gona be a soulbur without the need of any shards or anything or its gona be removed

10+ Year Old Account
    They will probably add a spell for the class that reduces cast time on a pet with 100% 2-3 mins CD. Pretty sure its waaaaay too early to worry about stuff like that

I remember getting soul shards from trash before raids before any of you say the new shard system failed entirely. I still have my soulshard bag to remind me of how stupid things were when people tell me "remember how good blah blah blah xpac was".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    I remember getting soul shards from trash before raids before any of you say the new shard system failed entirely. I still have my soulshard bag to remind me of how stupid things were when people tell me "remember how good blah blah blah xpac was".
    *Flash-backs*

God no, don't remind me or I'll have to retreat to my happy place and hum lullabies for 14 hours again.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    *Flash-backs*

God no, don't remind me or I'll have to retreat to my happy place and hum lullabies for 14 hours again.
    Once you had your 50 shards ready, you manually summoned a vast majority of your 40 raid members outside the instance which required 2 additional people per summon. If you needed to swap members, or if people needed to respec, you needed to leave the instance with 2 other people in order to summon them. And if for whatever reason your raid wanted you to give everyone hearthstones for a particular attempt, I hope you have another 40 because you'd needed to create each of them individually and hand them out to the raid. Yeah, good times.

I hope Soul Harvest isn't gone!

I have played since late vanilla so am well familliar with the system it replaced, but my criticism is still valid.
    It was meant to be a system where blowing a shard would be interesting, would be exciting.
    Many fights you save one or two for a soulburned healthstone / speed boost on teleport or instant summon if there aren't adds you could drain off.
    The entire practicality of our signature resource is fight dependant and therefore was falling very short of the hype blizzard have given it.

Even the set bonus in t13 screws its use up even more in that to do competetitive dps then you must be using it as a dps cooldown and therefore potentially locking you out during that cooldown from utility or survivibility.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I have played since late vanilla so am well familliar with the system it replaced, but my criticism is still valid.
    It was meant to be a system where blowing a shard would be interesting, would be exciting.
    Many fights you save one or two for a soulburned healthstone / speed boost on teleport or instant summon if there aren't adds you could drain off.
    The entire practicality of our signature resource is fight dependant and therefore was falling very short of the hype blizzard have given it.

Even the set bonus in t13 screws its use up even more in that to do competetitive dps then you must be using it as a dps cooldown and therefore potentially locking you out during that cooldown from utility or survivibility.
    Totaly agree, besides the of getting instant pets soulburn as a whole as been a failure design by blizzard