Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Can't wait to rock the Voidlord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    Using your own values a 10% increase to pet damage which you have marked as 25% of our total dps is only a 2.5% increase to our dps. Not quite sure how that beats out 6.25%

Or, if you want to look at it another way, pretend that instead of summoning a second pet it increases our current pet's damage by 100% for 30 sec every 2 minutes. That turns out to be a 25% increase to pet damage overall, which is far more than the 10% pet damage increase given from the first talent.

Now, I'm sure the numbers aren't final, and this doesn't include damage from a buffed DG, but regardless I think it's too early to tell which of the three will be the better dps talent.
    My mistake I was somehow thinking it was 10% + the 25% we had assumed =S

People please talking about which talent will do more damage is pointless at best.

Numbers can be changed by hotfix if needed and
    chances are that during normal situations all 3 talents will be equal since that is what the devs are aiming for.

Your choice will depend on your playstyle and what bosses you will focus on
    Last edited by ati87; 2011-10-26 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    People please talking about which talent will do more damage is pointless at best.

Numbers can be changed by hotfix if needed and
    chances are that during normal situations all 3 talents will be equal since that is what the devs are aiming for.

Your choice will depend on your playstyle and what bosses you will focus on
    The devs have aimed for equality between specs for a long time. Do you see that yet? No.

One of these talents will do 25 DPS more than the others, and even if we're doing 100k DPS unbuffed at the time, a few certain people will calculate that talent to be the best and anyone without it is Wrong.

Which is exactly what Blizzard doesn't want with the new talents. Which is why these very initial, work-in-progress ideas for talents likely won't last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TehFurbolg View Post
    They would have to make every talent important for something.
    Archimonde for AoE
    The second demon for the most single target damage
    The improved demons for [insert something, where more abilities of the demon would be useful]

Something in that style.
    I'll just point out here that Banes and Curses were seperated because no one liked their DPS being gimped in order to provide utility.

Deleted
    I hope we get a Dual wielding Felguard.

I hope the new voidwalker is a beast of a tank! I love to solo old instances.

I would guess there is a seventh, which only shows up when you're demo spec.

/tinfoil hat

I think the Fel Guard has seen its day. Too many people failed to grasp the idea of demonology using more then one pet and just wanted to use their "spec pet lololololol" all the time. Blizzards answer is "screw you, if that's the only way you think of it, well get rid of it and just make you chose between 8 pets."
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    /tinfoil hat

I think the Fel Guard has seen its day. Too many people failed to grasp the idea of demonology using more then one pet and just wanted to use their "spec pet lololololol" all the time. Blizzards answer is "screw you, if that's the only way you think of it, well get rid of it and just make you chose between 8 pets."
    Why use unstable affliction when I can just use immolate instead?