Post YOUR Shaman Talent (perk) Spec

Hello everybody, in light of these awesome talent changes ive started this thread to see how everyone will be deciding on which perks to take*

Please post your main spec (PvP/PvE and enha/resto/ele) before posting the perks you are choosing and the reasoning behind choosing those perks.

*Im calling them perks because it just seems like a much better name than talents xD

Enhancement PvP

Tier 1: Frozen Power - Im just too used to pressing frost shock and rooting my target, its become an integral part of my playstyle and therefore i'm choosing this.

Tier 2: Astral Shift - A DEFENSIVE COOLDOWN OMG! My need for a cooldown will finally be satiated this expansion

Tier 3: Tranquil Mind Totem - It seems like quite a powerful totem so im definitely going for it.

Tier 4: Ancestral Guidance - If this actually can heal yourself then the reason i choose this is fairly obvious. If it cant heal yourself then ill prolly go for the totem

Tier 5: Echo of the Elements - If this can proc off of enhancement spells, i will jizz myself. Otherwise its prolly elemental mastery.

Tier 6: Totemic Harmony - Searing. Magma. Fire Elemental. HELLO DAMAGE.
    Last edited by triavatar; 2011-10-22 at 03:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    astral shift reduces you damage and healing by 50%/

Quote Originally Posted by Taan View Post
    astral shift reduces you damage and healing by 50%/
    OH shiznit, i did not read that properly xD , well guess ill have to edit the offensive part out , its still gonna be my choice though.

Ele PvE:

T1: Probably Earthgrab totem, depends on the encounter if you need a AoE / single target Root
    T2: Stone bulwark totem, seems the most solid choice as defensive cd in PvE
    T3: Encounter that involves snare --> Imp. Gw or Windwalk totem; Encounter with interrupt --> tranquil mind
    T4: I think Healing tide will be the best Raid CD as Elemental from those 3, could be wrong
    T5: Choice depends on the biggest Dps increase, i think the passive 5% haste from NS+1min instant will do it, could be wrong though.
    T6: obvious choice for PvE, Elemental harmony

For PvE as Elemental i miss the feeling that my choice has any impact on my playstyle.
    T1 and T3 make no difference on most Enounters (Encounters where adds have to be rooted / knockbacked are rare, same goes for Encounters that involve Movement slow and interrupts)
    T6 is a obvious choice for PvE, Elemental Harmony seems the way to go because it's a dps increase and the other 2 offer only a bit utility.
    Currently only T2 and T4 is a real choice, T5 seems fine but the dps increase from any option can be calculated so the choice will vanish if you go for max dps.

I fear that some shamans will become a Fortifying Waters Bot during Stacking up phases, especially in 25man Raids.

I think they should re work T1 and T3, the choices seem to have only an impact on PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    for me the toughest choice is elemental amstery vs echo of the elements. need more info on % of echo procs to decide

10+ Year Old Account
    We've already got a thread on the 5.0 talent changes, and since they're changing this to be easier to change anyway, you'll be adjusting these on a fight-by-fight basis.