fibre optic in the uk

So im about to change my ISP.. (Aol.. -_-)

and im planning on getting Fibre Optic as i download alot.. and just wondering anyone know any good packages and whats "the best" company to be with.

thanks

- Perky

Well as far as I know virgin have been one of the only companies to offer fibre optic broadband for a while but I'm pretty sure BT has started rolling it out in some parts of the country. BT can be extremely expensive though, I was with them for 2 years and it was terrible.

So I would recommend the 30mb virgin broadband package.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    Well as far as I know virgin have been one of the only companies to offer fibre optic broadband for a while but I'm pretty sure BT has started rolling it out in some parts of the country. BT can be extremely expensive though, I was with them for 2 years and it was terrible.

So I would recommend the 30mb virgin broadband package.
    Do not take Virgin. I've got a bunch of guildies on virgin packages and all they do is complain about their connections and how horrible the customer service is.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Do not take Virgin. I've got a bunch of guildies on virgin packages and all they do is complain about their connections and how horrible the customer service is.
    Yeah virgin's customer service is quite poor in comparison to BT but it's cheaper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    Yeah virgin's customer service is quite poor in comparison to BT but it's cheaper.
    the hell? how can you get worse than BTs customer service?

i would go with Virgin probably, but only because ive had 5years bad experience with BT and their complete joke of customer support. never been with virgin though, i hear a lot of complaints about lag on wow with virgin though.

Happy with BT atm, customer service is terrible but you're not going to find a company that doesn't have terrible customer service really.

Virgin is good thier customer service is aweful, when it works there is none close. However, 1GB broadband is currently being trialed and may or may not come to a city near you soon.

Also with virgin, I just go through to customer relations (you want to close your account) and they put you through to thier Broadband support in Swindon. If that failed or I had reason to complain...

http://www.ceoemail.com/

It would be wrong of me to post thier CEO's email address, but you will find it on thier

EDIT: Corrected error

---------- Post added 2011-10-22 at 08:48 PM ----------

Just been looking, and the only decent deals I can find for Virgin and BT are via Quidco:

http://www.quidco.com/user/1616382/virgin-media/

http://www.quidco.com/user/1616382/bt-total-broadband/

Now before I get flamed IF you signup to Quidco, which I use for various things AND you takeup one of the offers, I get a bonus, but if its worthwhile why not.

If your also interested in Tivo, then Virgin are offering it for £3 a month and free installation, I think you have to take the M+ Package as well though.
    Yesterday is history, today is a gift, tomorrow is mystery.