Where can I find detailed info about Tor?

At this moment I am extremely disappointed with WoW and its new expansion, gimping the entire talent system and such; I have decided not to sign the contract and I have no intentions of staying in WoW in the future at this moment.

The reasoning is simply because of Guild Wars 2, which I know I can trust considering I played over 3000 hours in the original (I was a kid, I had the free time then...)

But I hear everyone hyping over SWTOR and I don't see any juicy information to convince me to swap to them.

I'm mainly interested in PvP information.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

The first page of the giant 1700 page thread.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

So basically there is no content for PVP other than PVP servers and battlegrounds?
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

10+ Year Old Account
    The links listed will help you. Additionally there are YouTube videos from totalbiscuit, darthhater, and many others that show the PvP warzones.

Much info, especially concerning endgame, is unknown due to the NDA. Though the overall consensus of TOR PvP is that it is very fun. We know there are open world PvP objectives as well, though we don't yet know details.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    So basically there is no content for PVP other than PVP servers and battlegrounds?
    They've mentioned some open world PvP areas like WG, and they said they'll have rated/tournament PvP in the game post-launch.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    They've mentioned some open world PvP areas like WG, and they said they'll have rated/tournament PvP in the game post-launch.
    Rated PvP? Can you link a source for that; it is what I'm interested in.

I don't like noob PvP, and all the links provided to me show nothing but that.
    Last edited by Deyadissa; 2011-10-22 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Rated PvP? Can you link a source for that; it is what I'm interested in.

Cbf to find the link but (as others can confirm and I'm sure others will) they have said that they will put tournaments/rated PvP post-launch, which is something to look forward to.

The question is how long post-launch it'll take before they do it.

Cbf to find the link but (as others can confirm and I'm sure others will) they have said that they will put tournaments/rated PvP post-launch, which is something to look forward to.

Ah okay, I guess there is nothing that interests me in SWTOR at this period of time, thanks for the help guys.

vizzle statement is true, also hard to go through a good 2 thousand pages of info that has been released in just the past few months, hes also scared of my Jedis Dominance over his puny "insert random lolclassvizzlewill be" =P

Deleted
    You considered WoW PvP 'Pro PvP'?

How deluded were you?

And that's coming from a long-time PvPer.

Quote Originally Posted by Medjai View Post
    vizzle statement is true, also hard to go through a good 2 thousand pages of info that has been released in just the past few months, hes also scared of my Jedis Dominance over his puny "insert random lolclassvizzlewill be" =P
    A good forum stalker would know that I have said a few times that I'll be a Trooper!

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    You considered WoW PvP 'Pro PvP'?

How deluded were you?

And that's coming from a long-time PvPer.
    No I consider Guild Wars PvP, "Pro PvP"

World of Warcraft is the only game at the moment with active Rated PvP.

I define noob PvP as to people who enjoy World PvP or small objectives, I know the deal. I saw all the "Rift World PVP" videos in beta and practically every single person who did the videos were clickers, I'm not kidding.

Fact is, World PVP is open... you will either face someone good or bad. The mass majority of the game are bad players, so if you're a good player it's nothing but a number game and a bore fest.

Where as if you play Rated PvP, you're guaranteed no matter how bad or good you are to have a challenge. In addition to that, the numbers are even.
    Last edited by Deyadissa; 2011-10-22 at 06:09 PM.

A good forum stalker would know that I have said a few times that I'll be a Trooper!
    i know you are gonna bea koopa Troopa but give you a chance to redeem yourself by picking a consular to heal me! while i kill stuff and make you look good =P

10+ Year Old Account
    since the answer was found and I'm already tired of hearing "noob PvP" and about clickers, I'm closing this.

Until rated type stuff begins, the biggest satisfaction of being a beast will be that since there are no cross server queues, you can gain recognition for being a badass on your server.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-22 at 06:22 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net