Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Stats at level 90

With the level cap being raised to 90 in the next expansion, I couldn't help but think what the stats and health will be like once you reach max level. At 85, it's easy to find health pools at a minimum of 125k for non tank specs. However, I now have a feeling of uncertainty ever since the developers announced at Blizzcon that stats will be flattened once the new expac is released.

"As World of Warcraft has matured and more expansions, content updates, and tiers of equipment have been released, players’ stats have begun to inflate exponentially. At this point, the numbers for health, mana, and so on are threatening to get out of control. In order to combat this and bring statistics back to earth -- or Azeroth, as it were -- in Mists of Pandaria, we will be “flattening” the statistic curve in places where it no longer needs to behave exponentially (primarily at the point of the end game for old expansions). In practice, this means that upon the expansion’s release, the numbers for Strength, Health, Intellect, damage, and so on will be significantly lower than you’re used to seeing across the board, from level 1 to level 85. It’s all relative, of course -- enemies’ and bosses’ stats will be reduced as well, and it should take a level-85 warrior roughly the same number of many sword-whacks and ability uses to kill a level-85 monster as it did before. However, this also means the difference between each level between 1 and 85 will be less significant, so you may find that an enemy 5 or 10 levels below your own will be a little tougher to deal with than it was before."

So, do you think we'll be seeing lower health/stat pools at level 90 than what is currently on live?

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, they pretty much said they will do this.
    i think the max level 90 hp for tank will be considered high if it was 40k! one can only hope eh.

No , not really since they said they don't to make players feel less powerful as they grow in power (if that makes any sense)

Besides , i wanna see 1000000 Arcane Blast crit

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a possibility, I honestly don't really care about how low/high the health pools are.
    I just dont want it to get out of hand with like 1.2 million health being the average health pool.

I certainly hope so. The health/damage on live servers currently are in my opinion way too much, and to see it increase even more in the next expac isn't something I'm looking forward to.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hurstor/simple
    Tier 11 - 25man -13/13hc (world 220)
    Tier 12 - 10/25man - 7/7hc (world 144)
    Tier 13 - 10/25man - 8/8hc (world 91)
    Tier 14 - 10man - 6/6hc - 4/6 hc - Quit raiding

Deleted
    They said they will lower stats so they don't grow exponentially so i doubt that anyone will have more than 100000 live at lvl 90

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's going the way it's going so far, because they can't undo it, go from 125k and lose 10k hp leveling up, it ain't gonna happen.

Expect at level 90 dps to have anywhere from 150-170k hp
    Expect tanks to have 220k-250k
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

They could just cut of 3 zero's from both all the damage in the world and all the hp in the world.
    Problem solved.

My guess is your average DPS in heroic blues or first tier raid epics will have 200k health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero
    Ice cream sales increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is established fact). The number of drownings increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is also established fact). By your logic ... ice cream causes people to drown.

Who cares, actually? Like they said, it's all relative. Except for that 1m crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to solo old raids in my free time. Here's hoping Blizz doesn't screw me out of that with their "stat flattening".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I like to solo old raids in my free time. Here's hoping Blizz doesn't screw me out of that with their "stat flattening".
    I don't really see how they could do this stat flatten....
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Deleted
    I guess all item levels will become relative to player level, like they used to in Classic. So all level 85 gear will change to ilevel 90 or so (level + 5, like it was in Classic lowest epics). We'll probably have 20-30k hp in Cataclysm gear at start of expansion.

They said they are going to lower stat budget on ANY piece of gear in game, but also reduce stats of bosses/mobs so that it will take same ammount of weapon swings and/or ammount of abilities used to kill the boss/mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I wouldn't put it past them to release the stat change sometime during 4.4. Lower Health, Mana, and other stats. It won't change anything you just wont be used to the lower numbers, and it works for me higher numbers seem excessive. Don't forget mobs health and damage are reduced as well, like I said nothing changes just numbers.

more health = more damge = same shit but with more numbers

Deleted
    What the fuck does it matter? 10k, 150k or 1,5mil what is the difference? You'll just suddenly have a lower number of hitpoints, but it doesn't mean it's less health. This is a non-issue.

LOVE IT! About time they did this. I miss the time when a level 48 could have quite an impact on a Hillsbrad battle. Hopefully those days will return.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

They are normalizing it basically. Vanilla tanks had what 7000ish hp, maybe a bit lower but around there. BC was 10-15k, wrath was 40k-50k, cata should have been 75-90k, and MoP should be 115k-125k. So imo you will see a drop of all your stats by about 50%, but keep in mind the mobs and such will drop by about that much also.

it doesn't make any difference? like someone above said, there are many people that like doing older raids and that hampers our ability to do so in groups less than 10 or less than 25 (I doubt Blizz will take the time to go into the MC and TK files to change those boss hp/dmg). Also, Blizzard said that they want players to feel more powerful as they level up higher.

also reading from what they said, they didn't want the hp/dmg to go up exponentially.......they will still go up but not as drastically....it doesn't make sense to go down....tanks will probably have 250k-300k hp and the rest of us will have 175k-200k hp