Deleted

BSOD (big temp files created)

Last few days I have been crashing/BSOD and every time my Windows/temp folder gets these 2GB+ files. I tried searching Google but all i get is "Clean the temp folder" which yeah I know how to do but it doesn't actually fix these crashed. When I restart my browser after a crash it mentions something about a loop. However I have crashed without even having my browser open (Chrome). I'm watching the Blizzcon Live but can't really do that when I keep crashing, any ideas?

Windows 7 64bit
    Installed on a 64BG SSD

"C:\Windows\TEMP\httB329.tmp 2,097,152 KB"

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    What is the BSOD stop error code you are seeing? Might help us narrow down a solution.

You can also check the windows logs by going into the Control Panel > Administrative Options > Event Viewer > Windows logs > View system and application then report back an errors found in the logs.

Deleted
    Code:
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x000000f4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa80062dd730, 0xfffffa80062dda10, 0xfffff800031df8b0). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\102211-10670-01.dmp. Report Id: 102211-10670-01.
    Code:
    The driver detected a controller error on \Device\RaidPort0.
    These are the errors I see around the time frame.

I can see the error might be hardware/HDD/SSD related so I wanted to add that I recently added this SSD drive, I still have my mechanical drive, split in two partitions. Windows is on the SSD and the HDD is just used for storage.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2011-10-22 at 09:15 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Run an error test on your SSD and the HDD using HDDScan. You want to run a surface read test and look for any bad blocks. It could be something simpler though such as needing to reinstall the motherboard drivers due to a corruption or just needing updated drivers from the boards website. It can also mean that the motherboards controller is faulting or the hard drives controller is faulting.

In any case start simple with the surface tests.

Deleted
    No errors on the SSD.
    HHD check still running(45 minutes so far). (made me check the firmware that I have never updated, which was actually out of date, so thanks)

Dumb question but when you say MB drivers, do you mean the BIOS because that one is updated already and the only other driver showing up is an audio driver (which on their site seem like an outdated one)

http://www.acer.dk/ac/da/DK/content/drivers (desktop>Acer Aspire> M5300)

Maybe a stupid question but does it matter which SATA slot the SSD/HDD/OPT is plugged in (6 blue ones in the corner)?

Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2011-10-22 at 10:50 PM.

He means the motherboard drivers, that you would install in windows, you can download them from the motherboard site.

Also, this may seem like a silly question, but how did you install the SSD and windows to it?

---------- Post added 2011-10-22 at 10:57 PM ----------

Could you also advise which Motherboard/SSD you have
    Yesterday is history, today is a gift, tomorrow is mystery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post
    He means the motherboard drivers, that you would install in windows, you can download them from the motherboard site.

Also, this may seem like a silly question, but how did you install the SSD and windows to it?

---------- Post added 2011-10-22 at 10:57 PM ----------

Could you also advise which Motherboard/SSD you have
    The reason I asked about the driver is because they didn't have any driver for that model (if you follow the link I provided you'll see). In any case I found some at http://www.nodevice.com so I'll be checking them out now.

As for the SSD, I unplugged the HDD then I updated the SSD firmware in IDE mode, enabled ACHI mode, did a fresh Windows install from the disk on the SSD. After I was done and everything was running, I plugged in the HDD (which was formatted) and changed the boot order in the BIOS.

The SSD a Crucial M4 64GB. The MB is an Acer FRX780M (Acer Aspire M5300).

Are you using the Microsoft AHCI Driver? If so try switching to the Intel one

Deleted
    Umm how do i determine that?

Go to device manager, then left click on disk drives then right click on your SSD then click on the driver tab

Deleted
    Where do i get the Intel one? (sorry for all the questions)

---------- Post added 2011-10-23 at 04:16 AM ----------

Ugh I'm trying to update the firmware on my HDD as well and it was detected earlier as firmware cc44, latest is cc49 but when I run the firmware updater and it restarts it just says "nothing detected".

Ok Drivers: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...ology&lang=eng

To be able to install the new firmware, I think you need to take out of AHCI mode in BIOS, but check the instructions as a failed firmware could leave you with a bricked SSD

Deleted
    "Computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements to install that driver"

You I'm just gotta start all over, format all driver, reinstall Windows etc. Something went wrong somewhere and I'm not sure where or what. Hopefully a clean install will clear up some of the "mess". I'll report back if I get similar issue after that. There is just too many little things at the moment, don't really wanna bother with it.

Deleted
    Well I finally managed to get the firmware to my HDD installed, thumbs up to that. Got everything backed up and I'll start the cleaning process.

Oddly enough switching from ACHI to IDE mode makes my SSD start-up quiet again. In ACHI mode when I shutoff the PC and when starting it my SSD is making this powering up noise, kinda like when you put a DVD/CD in your drive and it's seeking. No sound like that in IDE, maybe that's normal, I don't know.

Also finding Motherboard driver for the Acer Aspire m5300 or Acer FRX780M (AMD 770 chip) is a pain. I found one on the site mentioned above but when I load it the installation halts at like 70% and just sits there.

Hopefully whatever I messed up (or whatever happened) will be fixed after a fresh start.