Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Here's a new idea:
    Tinker: Hypersonic Voice Amplifier
    Adds a Hypersonic Voice Amplifier to a neck slot item, enabling you to activate it, Silencing all targets in a 10 yard range for 3 secs. Can only be activated once every 5 minutes.
    The engineer can only Tinker his/her own gear and Tinkering causes the targeted item to become Soulbound.
    (Adds the flavor text "It's time to bring the Noise" if the item has none)

Basically, you yell so loud you rupture the eardrums of everyone close to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

I had an idea for a new gadget: one that lets you walk on water but like all engineering it has the chance to backfire, and this time giving you concrete shoes causing you to sink into the depths.

Let's get more ideas flowing, then compile them for a thread on the official forums. Hopefully we can have a couple of items make it into the game!

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias
    And my one from the other thread...
    Big Red button *press only in extreme emergencies*
    Use: Instantly transports you to a random faction leader to escape the danger!
    Caution : This may not neccesarily be one of your own faction leaders
    I saw this in the other thread as well. I love this idea so much. Though it may not be able to be instant. But still. I WANT THIS IN GAME.
    Last edited by Naibil; 2011-10-28 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Here's a new idea:
    Tinker: Hypersonic Voice Amplifier
    Adds a Hypersonic Voice Amplifier to a neck slot item, enabling you to activate it, Silencing all targets in a 10 yard range for 3 secs. Can only be activated once every 5 minutes.
    Voice Amplifier could rather break silence effect cast on you, that is cool too

Aquatic mount is nice but it seems there will be no underwater content in MoP

I would like to see engi melee weapon, something lightsaber related. And a shield (like force reactive disk) that could have a chance of reflecting spells cast at you, or could have small force field-like effect.

Maybe a glove tinker that, whan activated, drags targeted mob to you (sorta like DK Death Grip) with a possibility of malfunction.

Love the 'Big Red Button' and spider tank ideas. I think I like the big red button because the archaeology 'random teleport' artifact is so much fun.

I'd like to see the jetpack backpack from ICC's gunship battle be made into a cloak enchant, with some cooldown attached. A shield tinker to make a new Force Reactive Disk would be amazing.

I think a new take on the cogwheels would be good - rather than just have them used in one item, make a cogwheel tinker capable of reforging 100% of a rating on one of your items.

The Raid Bus

Flying Engineering vehicle (think WoW version of c-130 sized Osprey-style military transport)

Holds/carries 10, including pilot

Standard upgrades available:

Jeeves
    MOLL-e
    Guild Chest
    25-man capacity

Deluxe upgrades available:

Azeroth Wormhole Generator (targets opposing faction capitol cities)
    Armored Drop Suits for occupants (allows rapid descent with automatic last-second chute activation & 60 second Adrenaline Surge raid-wide buff)
    Ride of the Valkyrie zone-wide opposing faction debuff & vanity sound clip
    Gunship-mode (pilot stays on and flies craft, two additional raid members stay on and man gun turrets)

Costs one (1) million gold for basic 10-man model, no add-ons or seating upgrades

All standard upgrades, full 25-man capacity, with Jeeves, MOLL-e & Guild Chest costs five (5) million gold

Total with all standard and deluxe upgrades costs twenty-five (25) million gold

Costs are approximations of farmed materials & vendor-sourced item cost totals

Deleted
    I'd like to see something from Engineers that all professions can use, like a special Vial that allows you to pot twice during a fight. Or a radar that you can put on your head.

I thought this was a thread about real engineering, not WoW engineering lol misleading

Quote Originally Posted by PandarianLeakage View Post
    I thought this was a thread about real engineering, not WoW engineering lol misleading
    Uh, this is the World of Warcraft Professions Forum, and the topic is Engineer suggestions, so how exactly does it become misleading…?!?

;^p

Awsomeness

These may be the greatest ideas ever some more practical then other but eng is rarely about practicalness.

Big red button and raid bus very awsome all the ideas are really

I can totaly see myelf using the catapult to (and dieing a lot lol)

it seems blizz has a big fear of giving engineering to much combat implications as in a boost to dps/heals/surv/ utility. maybe because doing so will make it the outright choice for anyone who wants that extra advantage in pvp or pve. so i think engineering should be more geared towards quality of life things. such as :

improved moll-e : shorter cooldown on mailbox
    portable forge & anvil
    maybe in this may be a huge stretch but an outhouse: that allows you to most importantly logout anywhere in the world instantly rather than the 20 sec delay as well as gaining rested state.
    mounts: like those stated mechano-spiders, 4 wheelers, or even a suped up strider. really would like a new flying mount: a rocket or a better polish helo more in line with a blackhawk or huey
    and give tinkers that provide stat buffs or are usable in combat a visual representation as in you pop synapse springs and as a result gears, and heres a stretch- springs shoot from the gloves.

but honestly i would just like to have bombs ( both damaging and healing ones and turrets that do dmg as well as heal) gosh i would kill for that but everyone would complain rather than just rolling engi and so alchemist would have sunflowers they could drop and blacksmiths would be dropping steel boots :P
    Only death my pay for life

Roflcopterchopper

Chopper + Roflcopter + some duct tape and some paperclips.

= Chopper that can deploy Rolfblades, and carry a passenger in the sidecar.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Agreed! This would be sickk XD

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkyri View Post

= Chopper that can deploy Rolfblades, and carry a passenger in the sidecar.
    If you have an eject button for your passenger I'm totally up for this

Some combat droids could be fun - something you use like a vehicle which gives you say 30secs as a frost mage, fire mage, warrior, hunter, elemental shaman (I don't see how a combat droid could generate shadow/holy power, so no priests, paladins, warlocks, etc). Being able to pop your frost droid and use frost nova, cone of cold, etc, could be fun.

I'll be amazed if there aren't more pets added, specially with the pet combat system being added.

Maybe a containment field trinket (think Banish, but for any non-boss mob).

New vehicles - jetpack, dune buggy, plane, maybe a de-weaponized siege tank.

I'd like to see more usability items, personally. I've already mentioned the containment field. How about
    - jump-boots (so you jump much higher, and don't take falling damage from those jumps. Backfires to slam you into the cliff),
    - climbing gloves (allows you to scale cliffs, etc. Backfires by failing part-way up),
    - Transmogrifier Gun (use it on an enemy to make it look like an ally - think Orb of Deception in reverse! Backfires by turning you into an enemy)
    - booby traps! Traps you put down that'll trigger on the first person to hit them, enemy or ally! Say a launchpad that throws you into the air. Backfires by triggering immediately on you.

Just a few ideas :-)

Spies shouldn't be allowed to sap sentries anymore.

Oops. Wrong thread.

Uhhh.... perhaps make skilling it less expensive?
    The funny thing is, the less you know, the less you matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    Some combat droids could be fun - something you use like a vehicle which gives you say 30secs as a frost mage, fire mage, warrior, hunter, elemental shaman (I don't see how a combat droid could generate shadow/holy power, so no priests, paladins, warlocks, etc). Being able to pop your frost droid and use frost nova, cone of cold, etc, could be fun.

I'll be amazed if there aren't more pets added, specially with the pet combat system being added.

Maybe a containment field trinket (think Banish, but for any non-boss mob).

New vehicles - jetpack, dune buggy, plane, maybe a de-weaponized siege tank.

I'd like to see more usability items, personally. I've already mentioned the containment field. How about
    - jump-boots (so you jump much higher, and don't take falling damage from those jumps. Backfires to slam you into the cliff),
    - climbing gloves (allows you to scale cliffs, etc. Backfires by failing part-way up),
    - Transmogrifier Gun (use it on an enemy to make it look like an ally - think Orb of Deception in reverse! Backfires by turning you into an enemy)
    - booby traps! Traps you put down that'll trigger on the first person to hit them, enemy or ally! Say a launchpad that throws you into the air. Backfires by triggering immediately on you.

Just a few ideas :-)
    I love all these ideas, especially the the jump-boots and the climbing gloves!

Deleted
    a new worm hole. that can teleport you and your party to a other factions city

Quote Originally Posted by Boil View Post
    The Raid Bus

Flying Engineering vehicle (think WoW version of c-130 sized Osprey-style military transport)

Holds/carries 10, including pilot

Standard upgrades available:

Jeeves
    MOLL-e
    Guild Chest
    25-man capacity

Deluxe upgrades available:

Azeroth Wormhole Generator (targets opposing faction capitol cities)
    Armored Drop Suits for occupants (allows rapid descent with automatic last-second chute activation & 60 second Adrenaline Surge raid-wide buff)
    Ride of the Valkyrie zone-wide opposing faction debuff & vanity sound clip
    Gunship-mode (pilot stays on and flies craft, two additional raid members stay on and man gun turrets)

Costs one (1) million gold for basic 10-man model, no add-ons or seating upgrades

All standard upgrades, full 25-man capacity, with Jeeves, MOLL-e & Guild Chest costs five (5) million gold

Total with all standard and deluxe upgrades costs twenty-five (25) million gold

Costs are approximations of farmed materials & vendor-sourced item cost totals
    Well i love your idea! really thats a great idea.

---------- Post added 2011-10-30 at 08:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SentryGunAirlines View Post
    Spies shouldn't be allowed to sap sentries anymore.

Oops. Wrong thread.
    hahahaha i love tf2

Also the climbing glove, genius!! come on guys keep goin im interested to hear all your great idea! We'll post them on official forum
    Last edited by charleybwoy; 2011-10-30 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would a steampunk 2-person plane be asking too much?

We need to get these compiled and tossed onto the official forms cause they are awsome!