Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I grew up watching the movies, to this day I still enjoy spending a sunday afternoon watching the original trilogy. I appreciate them because the story is classic and still very fun, and they were a huge step for the science fiction and fantasy genre in movies.

I never followed the extended universe, I never got into many of the books.

I did buy KoToR because it was a Star Wars video game and looked neat, I absolutely fell in love with BioWares style. I loved the story telling, having control over the conversations, it's still my favorite way to play a game and I replay KoToR from time to time just because I still enjoy it.

So I guess I'm playing ToR because of a ton of combined reasons. I want to play a Star Wars game, I'm specifically excited its BioWare doing it and using the KoToR related universe, and also I'm very ready for something fresh in the MMO world to grab my interest.

Not that big of a fan of Star Wars, but I am a fan of Bioware, I love their games!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatela View Post
    Does Batman complain about The Joker being recycled?

Honestly, I hate Star Wars. But that won't stop me from being a Bioware fanboy 'til the day I die.

Personally I am a huge Star Wars fan. I've loved the movies ever since I saw Episode IV back when I was 5, and I even enjoy the new ones (seriously they're not that bad, just ignore Jar-Jar and focus on other things). I'm also an avid fan of the EU books, especially the post RotJ books (think Thrawn trilogy and NJO). I have to admit that this game being Star Wars is part of the reason why I'm so excited for it but I also love Bioware and their games so that's why I think the game is going to be badass. It's two awesome things combining together.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

I was never a big Star Wars nerd until I was 15, then I just decided to look up on the lore and holy crap is it interesting. So much stuff to read, I like the Old Republic Era (specifically anything before 1000 BBY) and the Legacy Era (anything past 45 ABY). The EU is fantastically amazing, but there are a few downsides: the writers are a bit scrubby, even if the stories are intelligent, they fail to tell them in a coherent matter and flip flop character personalities, also too many Mary Sues, not enough troubled characters. This is more prevalent in the New Republic and Legacy eras because they have the most condensed era outside of the movies but the Old Republic Era suffers from these problems occasionally as well.
    Scratch a cynic and you'll find a disappointed idealist - George Carlin (1937-2008)

Dreadlord
    big bioware and starwars fan.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Maybe, Seen all the movies, but didn't play any SW game before. Star Wars in a MMO is how i got intrested

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Watched the originals when I was little.
    I'm actually looking for money, work is just an unwanted side effect.

I am fond of good movies.

I am fond of all 6 Star Wars.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

I am not a huge fan, but I did like the movies.

Not a fun of Star Wars , or general games-books that have any kind of lore (lack of imagination).
    But i generaly love MMO games

Not a Star Wars fan but a Bioware fan, and I like MMOs... usually.. if they are pandafree (awwww damn I couldnt resist)
    Last edited by Ixator; 2011-10-23 at 04:20 AM.

Not really a fan, but am a fan of Sci Fi and Bioware. Mass Effect made me cry tears of joy because it was so good to me.
    "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

I'm not a big star wars fan, well I saw all the movies, got them in 1080p quality and played several games, but mostly I want a new or at least fresh mmo experience.
    Its not always about new gameplay and mechanics, but even a complete new universe (i.e. not the universe you where seeing in the last 7 years) which is very very immersive can make the difference.
    plus its from bioware, which is always good if I consider that baldurs gate 2 + addon was the best gaming experience in an rpg I had until now. mass effect and dragon age being really good doesnt make it bad for me either.
    Last edited by Xavastrasz; 2011-10-23 at 05:19 AM.

Hardcore fan here.
    I have like 3 lightsabers in my closet. Darth Vader helmet that talks too.
    I have a frikking Lego Death Star and Star Destroyer! (And many others... sandcrawler somewhere too I think)
    Everything was proudly displayed at one point, but I had to repaint my room and haven't gotten around to redecorating. Lego is still displayed in another room though.
    Read most of the books, the YZV era was a bit long though and I might have missed a few here and there. Also seen all of the movies and played many of the games.
    Last edited by Sighz; 2011-10-23 at 05:58 AM.

Not at all. I thought the original trilogy were good films, but not as incredible as everyone makes them out to be. I really enjoyed Star Wars Battlefront I and II, though. There are a LOT of things drawing me to this game, but the IP isn't one of them.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

Both, watched all the sw movies, played all(almost) the sw games and I did enjoy WoW when it was still to my liking(2005-2009). So from the looks of it SWTOR should be just the right game for me.

Fan of the original movies yeah. And a lot of the Expanded Universe especially the KoTOR games. Too bad the prequel movies exist to put a big downer on the entire franchise.
    Creedster

High Overlord
    Massive fan of them all! and a massive fan of MMORPGS! and a massive fan of Bioware!

Can't wait.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed

I wouldn't say a HUGE fan but I did enjoy the movies (all of them)