Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yes, I am a Star wars fan, I was too young to understand them when they first came out or when they were shown on the TV at christmas, I went to the Cinema to see them in 1997 in my early teens and was really blown away by the depth of the story and how it made me feel, I really liked the fact that Darth Vader wasnt just a typical baddie and the plot between him and Luke developed into something that gripped me, not a huge fan of the prequels, I dont hate them I just feel the magic of SW was in the Originals.

About the game, I have never played any of the other Star Wars games apart from Rogue Squadron on the N64 and the Arcade games from the 80s they've just never appealed to me before... What am I looking for? A new MMORPG, I am truely bored of WoW now and nothing they have in the pipeline interests me and rather than side step to another "Dungeons and Dragons" style game Star Wars is completely different setting which should be quite refreshing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars fanboy here. Watched the movies, read the books. Love Zahn's work, as well as Traviss' stuff with the commandos. Played Rebel Assault on my 486DX back in the day. Proud owner of X-Wing on floppy (TIE Fighter too!). Played the West End RPG (d6) and the WotC RPG (d20). Wrote a Geography final essay once on the impracticality of the Special Edition end sequence of Return of the Jedi (Coruscant being the Empire's power base would not celebrate their own destabilization as the galactic center of government). Named my first fish Wedge.

Yeah. I need to get outside more.
    SCUM AND VILLAINY
    You will never find a more wretched hive...

I actually hated the star wars series, and quite needlessly, because I had not seen any of the movies. That was until I got to play kotor 1 and 2, which are incredibly epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw A New Hope in the movie theaters when I was 9 years old. Does that count?
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

I like to think I'm a fan Ive seen all six movies several times and I loved them all.
    Signature by Eruionmel!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm both, bored with current games and a pretty big fan of Star Wars. Read most of the novels at one point or another though I didn't keep all the books, just some. Also as many have said, enjoyed KOTOR 1 and 2 immensely! So with all of that, no way I couldn't give SWTOR a shot

10+ Year Old Account
    I am super excited for release, played the game several times and looking forward to it. I'm not really a star wars fan either, good movies, but that is about as far as it goes with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    When Lucasarts released the remastered original trilogy in the 90's I saw those movies in the cinema and I was a huge fanboy at that time, but that proved to be temporarily later on. I only watched the Phantom Menace fully and parts of episode 2 and 3. Good thing this TV channel is airing all the movies this week, so it's time to catch up in anticipation for TOR and see what all this animosity for JJ is all about.

Still undecided as to what class to pick, it's gonna be Republic, but Bioware really did a excellent job at giving the non-force users alot of flair and cool mechanics so jury is still out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i am and i want this game badly. BUT TO FUCKING BAD IT WONT BE RELEASED IN AUSTRALIA ON LAUNCH DATE! Why does Australia ALWAYS ALWAYS get the short end of the stick in gaming.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2011-10-25 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    Yes i am and i want this game badly. BUT TO FUCKING BAD IT WONT BE RELEASED IN AUSTRALIA ON LAUNCH DATE! Why does Australia [/FONT][/FONT] ALWAYS ALWAYS get the short end of the stick in gaming.
    You all have some pretty strange Internet laws over there from what I understand. Perhaps your government requires more time to review the game, to make sure it's suitable for consumption by its citizens.
    Last edited by GarGar; 2011-10-25 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Quoting the [FONT] tag must be broken, cuz I didn't do that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    You all have some pretty strange Internet laws over there from what I understand. Perhaps your government requires more time to review the game, to make sure it's suitable for consumption by its citizens.
    Yeah it does, but where getting an R18+ rating for games FINALLY so we shouldn't have every 2nd violent video game banned within .7 of a second. But it doesn't stop the fact games wont be released on "Launch date" in Australia. DAMN IT AUSTRALIA!

Quote Originally Posted by Nev12 View Post
    I like Star Wars, but there are other franchises that I do like more(e.g. Battletech). I do like sci-fi more than fantasy in general(There is one exception though), and the love for sci-fi paired with the need of a new mmo experience is the reason why I'm going to play it.
    Hell yeah Battletech! Can you imagine some sort of eve style battle tech game set in the time and chaos before the first Star League?

OT: I guess I could be a Star Wars fan. I hate most things outside of the original trilogy because I feel that I shouldn't have to read a shit ton of books for something that ultimately started as a movie or video game. The things I enjoyed that exist outside of the Original Trilogy are KOTOR's 1 and 2 and Mr. Plinket's reviews of the new films. I'm a bit of a hypocrite here cause I have read most of the battletech books but that was like 10 or so years ago, even though Battletech was originally a table top strategy game if memory serves.
    Last edited by brusana; 2011-10-25 at 07:34 AM.

I've always loved Star Wars and everything that comes with it i.e. lightsabers, lasers, aliens, etc., but found a lot of the video games lacking (except for maybe Rogue Squadron) and this game just seems right up my alley. I also want to branch out in the MMO world as well. Bioware's Mass Effect series was also a big contributor (great stories FTW) in my decision to play.

Quote Originally Posted by brusana View Post
    Mr. Plinket's reviews of the new films.
    Better than the movies themselves, imo!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    Yes i am and i want this game badly. BUT TO FUCKING BAD IT WONT BE RELEASED IN AUSTRALIA ON LAUNCH DATE! Why does Australia ALWAYS ALWAYS get the short end of the stick in gaming.
    Blame your government, brother. Your archaic decency laws are what hold you guys back 99% of the time. They're trying to do the same here in America, but thankfully we're winning that fight ... for now.
    SCUM AND VILLAINY
    You will never find a more wretched hive...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was after the first three movies, then the second three came along. The prequels are such smoking piles of shit that I had to question my faith in humanity. I'm hoping ToR might rekindle some of my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Better than the movies themselves, imo!
    Agreed. In fact, it's the only way to watch those three without wanting to jump in that Mustafar lava yourself just to save you from the agony.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, the funny thing is that I was one of those rabid fans that went to the midnight showing of Phantom Menace and cheered just as loud as all the other raging SW nerds there.

After watching the pure awesomeness that is Red Letter Media reviews of Ep 1-3 I have to seriously wonder wtf was going through my head at the time. In my defense, however, I do remember walking out of the theater after Ep.3 was over, turning to my wife and saying out loud "I feel like I've been fucking insulted."

I think she smirked at me but it didn't register at the time.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a Star Wars fan, but have no desire to play a SW game.

A fan? No
    Can I enjoy the movies? Yes
    Do I have any interest at all in the game? No

No ever since clone wars nothing SW related appeals to me. Except the 1st series of movies.
    (No desire to play the game.)