Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It can still be a "shield" without requiring a shield. Our faith in the Light can manifest as a blinding bulwark, whether we have an actual shield or not.

Need I point to 'Sacred Shield' for Rets. It's a barrier, not an actual shield.

Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    If you read the Q&A he also says that he thinks the current problems with ret are all because of numbers

After reading that I am seriously convinced that not only do they have no idea WTF they want the spec to be but that they have no idea WTF they are doing where ret is concerned because none of them have played it.
    Sounds like a guarentee Blizzard will not fix jack. So far its only been the most likeliest outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Sounds like a guarentee Blizzard will not fix jack. So far its only been the most likeliest outcome.
    Well, the major complaint coming from the intellectually lacking has been "OUR COMBAT SYSTEM SUCKS BECAUSE WE DON'T DO ENOUGH DAMAGE"

So blizzard's like "Okay, here's more damage" in small doses. Doesn't change the fact that the <insert profanity here> morons are still <duplicate profanity here> morons. The actual approach is "our combat is lacking because even if Judgement did 10 million damage, but had a significant cooldown so we were limited to the same DPS as everyone else, it wouldn't be fun. Can we please have this more fluid?"

Numbers come after mechanics. Not during or before. But the only thing the average forum poster gives a flying frak about is where they place on Recount, and if it's in the lower half (don't even get me started on the meaning of the word average), then clearly it's a DPS issue, not a mechanics issue.

The Paladins on the official boards are just as much of a problem as Blizzard itself is.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

your absolutely right. But they have alot of capable feedback aswell. And the beta testers have never been mass-incompetent. There is plenty of usefull feedback, but they choose to simply not listen. They completely ignored their beta feedback for Cata.

And now its like they simply choose to listen to the peanut gallery because buffing damage is piss easy. But making a fluent and intuitive combat system actually takes effort. Blizzard has always just been very lazy when it comes to Paladins, this is no secret and not some weird conspiracy theory. But proven more then enough in their actions throughout the many years WoW has been running now.
    Last edited by terrahero; 2011-10-23 at 06:29 PM.

If i can't spell reflect / shield wall without a shield then you can't blinding shield.

it's only fair.

welcome to the warrior hell of having to make 100 macros just play your class.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    If i can't spell reflect / shield wall without a shield then you can't blinding shield.

it's only fair.

Paladins are spell casters, they can do Divine Shield without having a shield.
    But I agree warriors should be tweaked or something, it's not like it would kill kill the game lore wise.

im unsubbed, and the entire game just isnt that fun for me anymore so the only thing that could bring me back would be fun class mechanics for some bgs or arena or something. but theres no way im subbing if ret does not get changed, it feels so gross and awful. use crusader strike (doesnt feel fun anymore, u use it to get HP, not to deal damage) and then filter it up then use templars verdict which sounds like shit and divine storm was 100x cooler. i think it would be cool if they just nerfed TV and made divine storm off the link and generate a hp too

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post

it's only fair.

Except Blizzard's gone out of its way to make most of these macros unnecessary. Berserker Rage is no longer stance limited, Shield Bash doesn't exist, Pummel, Retaliation, etc, are all open.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shield Wall's next on the "You don't need a shield to use this ability". Either that or it switches spots with Last Stand (makes sense, really, given Rallying Cry is baseline anyways)

---------- Post added 2011-10-23 at 12:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    i think it would be cool if they just nerfed TV and made divine storm off the link and generate a hp too
    No. No. Why don't you get the answer to this is NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Except Blizzard's gone out of its way to make most of these macros unnecessary. Berserker Rage is no longer stance limited, Shield Bash doesn't exist, Pummel, Retaliation, etc, are all open.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shield Wall's next on the "You don't need a shield to use this ability". Either that or it switches spots with Last Stand (makes sense, really, given Rallying Cry is baseline anyways)

---------- Post added 2011-10-23 at 12:41 PM ----------

No. No. Why don't you get the answer to this is NO.
    because i miss when ret was the bomb?

Deleted
    I don't want it. I saw nothing useful in it back then, and I think it won't be that useful unless they do something crazy with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpony View Post
    If they add this, then I really hope they let ret paladins use a two-hander + a shield.

Or else I will be a sad pala
    Lol.. Paladins aren't warriors. Titangrip allows this, if you want a 2hand + shield, go roll a fucking warrior.

There really isn't anything wrong with it requiring a shield... you guys should have been playing Arms and Fury warriors all these years with spell reflect. Just make a macro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    because i miss when ret was the bomb?
    Ret was the bomb in 2.4 before Divine Storm. Divine Storm is an Area Effect ability, not a single target one. If you want to gimp Ret's AoE to near useless again so you can have flashy swirly shiny michael bay explosions to push a button when you generate a Holy Power, why not a new ability at that point?

Warriors don't cleave or Whirlwind when they're on single target DPS. Cats don't swipe, Enhancement doesn't Fire Nova, Rogues don't Fan of Knives or Blade Flurry, none of these generate resources either. Divine Storm or a new ability, take your pick.

The one thing I worry about this spell being at 87?

If it requires a shield, and we get nothing else from 85 to 90. That will suck donkeys balls for Ret, who doesnt usually use a shield. Please let this not be the only cool spell Paladins get.

Deleted
    Ret was the bomb in 2.4 before Divine Storm. Divine Storm is an Area Effect ability, not a single target one. If you want to gimp Ret's AoE to near useless again so you can have flashy swirly shiny michael bay explosions to push a button when you generate a Holy Power, why not a new ability at that point?

Warriors don't cleave or Whirlwind when they're on single target DPS.
    Not anymore, but they used to. Back when Rets used to DS as part of single target which has been my personal favorite implementation of Ret to date (personal opinion here, just was the most fun to play for me). I really enjoyed the niche of having shit AoE but extremely powerful cleaves, it made War/Ret very useful in fights with 2-5 targets. I mean how often do you actually AoE 10+ targets at once outside of trash? Most bosses have ~5 mob at a time to kill which is perfect for cleave settings.

So yeah.. I miss the old DS. But it's hard to bring it back and fit it into this whole HoPo business they got going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who doesn't remember what Blinding Shield is?

You fear which you cannot control, but can you control your fear?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t/Zhoom/simple

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, the major complaint coming from the intellectually lacking has been "OUR COMBAT SYSTEM SUCKS BECAUSE WE DON'T DO ENOUGH DAMAGE"

So blizzard's like "Okay, here's more damage" in small doses. Doesn't change the fact that the <insert profanity here> morons are still <duplicate profanity here> morons. The actual approach is "our combat is lacking because even if Judgement did 10 million damage, but had a significant cooldown so we were limited to the same DPS as everyone else, it wouldn't be fun. Can we please have this more fluid?"
    Essentially. I have no issues with damage. Paladins aren't at the top, but they aren't at the bottom either and they can pull respectable numbers. Perhaps with a little more ffort than other classes but still respectable.

The issue is MECHANICS. This has always been the downfall of the class, but its also been paired with low damage in previous XPacs.

I have no problem with HP, for example - the concept. I think its been implemented extremely poorly. Blizzards attempt to duplicate energy via talents, CDs etc also hasn't been a resounding success.

The class lacks an adequate toolkit, it lacks the necessary balance mechanisms, and its main resource is poorly implemented, lacking the parts which would make it work.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    SnB DPS via 1H with Shield would be doable...but you'd likely need to make Prot a 2H tanking spec.

It could be done, and there'd be some advantages, but it would be unlikely.

EJL
    If it requires a shield, Ret will just do what every warrior that pvp's does. Make a macro, go sword and board use your ability and switch back. It'll be like spell reflect or shield wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpony View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    I think a two-hander and a shield would like very nice. And it's not less impractical or gross than a warrior using two fucking two-handers.

But I guess they could give us a specialization-ability that lets us use bliding shield with a two-hander equipped.
    What if they called it Blinding light and it's doesn't have to do with weaponry ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Just because the ability will be called "Blinding Shield" doesn't mean it has to require shields to be equipped. Priests have "Powerword: Shield" yet they cannot equip shields...
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!