Thread: How to wake up!

Deleted

Question How to wake up!

Hello fellow gamers!

I have a problem that i think im not alone having.
    When i game some hours (1-3h) past midnight i tend to have problem waking up in reasonable time. I put my phone on 10 but since i dont have a job atm i keep hitting the snooz button for like an hour until it stops and then i wont wake up until afternoon, like 13:00-14:00.

So Im asking this forum for any tips on how i could wake up for real since i obv dont need this amount of sleep.

Plese help me out!
    - Miletow

Don't game past midnight.

Move your alarm further away so you are forced to get out of bed...thats what i've done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miletow View Post
    Hello fellow gamers!

I have a problem that i think im not alone having.
    When i game some hours (1-3h) past midnight i tend to have problem waking up in reasonable time. I put my phone on 10 but since i dont have a job atm i keep hitting the snooz button for like an hour until it stops and then i wont wake up until afternoon, like 13:00-14:00.

So Im asking this forum for any tips on how i could wake up for real since i obv dont need this amount of sleep.

Plese help me out!
    - Miletow
    Buy 3-5 alarm clocks and put the first one near your bed, the second a bit further away and then keep putting alarm clocks further away. By the time all of them are off you'll have been awake long enough to not feel like going to sleep again. If you don't have a large house then just put the alarm clocks in safeboxes around the room with a key in every safebox.

You could also just grab sleep by the balls and tell yourself that you don't want to waste the whole day sleeping. Although sleeping the whole day is a lot better than not sleeping at all so you might be trying to solve your problem the wrong way, the best thing to do would be to stop playing games in the middle of the night. Which would then make it a lot easier to wake up early.

Go to your program files and delete World of Warcraft Folder and everything will be fine

Playing regularly after midnight causes sleeping disorders, which are very hard to get rid of once you start working somewhere.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-10-22 at 11:45 PM.

Deleted
    You wake up at 1400 and you do not work nights? I suggest you cut down on your game time, that is not a healthy way to live.

Deleted
    Thing is that i dont game that extremly much atm, I just like to sit at comp late at night more than other hours on the day. But yea I definitely have to grab the sleep by the balls, I have already tryed to put my clock on a distance but i guess im going to have to get my hands on another watch. Im also going to lock it into a safebox, i seriously think thats a good idea. Thanks for tips

I'm kinda random...i sometime game to 6-7AM and wake up when i intend to....some days i dont

Deleted
    Get a job.
    Not mocking or patronizing you. But I was where you are not two months ago. Also (trying) waking up at 10am :P
    When you get a job you will feel dead-ill for 2 weeks. But now I'm really tired around 12PM, and automatically wake up at 7:30AM (the time my alarm normally goes for work). You CAN reset your pattern, its just really hard without proper motivation ^^.

Deleted
    Exactly! With no real musts its hard to get out of bed. I have to be better to see the upside in getting my ass out of bed in the morning when im all zombie in the bed.
    It feels so obvous and easy to go up in time before you go to bet, but yet in the morning its so hard.. :>

10+ Year Old Account
    The moment you wake up, take a fairly long (10-15 minutes?) shower. That should keep you up. You might even put your alarm clock in your bathroom if you'll be able to hear it in there, so you'll have to go there anyway.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

Getting a job will solve your problem. You get fired for sleeping in too much.

Deleted
    Sounds like you might have some sort of sleeping disorder. Unfortunately, you'll have to work upon your motivation through some sort of system that works for you. As someone who suffers from insomnia and has an out of whack bodyclock, I tend to reward myself getting up early on in the moring with some sort of treat. If I'm going out somewhere, this treat will be a cup of coffee from a nice café since that's something that motivates me.

A little expensive perhaps, but if something similar works for you - go for it!

I have the same problem, especially when I am on uni holidays. What seems to work for me is that I put my phone alarm on the table and my alarm clock outside my door, so I have to get up twice to turn off the alarm. At that stage I am already awake lol.

Well I mean... stop gaming past midnight.

Get a job, or start doing some exercising/going to the gym. It'll make it easier to sleep early.