Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It does resemble deathwing in A way, but he is in no way A direct copy/clone.. the purple energy swirling in it and the metallic outside is really amazing, much better then deathwing.

damn, has the hollow body, chin and everything.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Deathwing was around long before Cataclysm.
    as this

the modern art concept of deathwing, that indeed looks like the shatterer, only came with the conception of cataclysm

Haha, i like how when it's blizzard who adds something it's a ripoff from GW2 and when NCsoft takes the deathwing model and recolours it, it looks completely different. GW fans.

Seriously, game development would be nowhere if designers didn't take ideas from eachother. I don't care if they stole deathwing if they can make it work, just how I don't care if blizzard takes another feature from another game. In the end I'll play the game with the best execution.

Yes it was but to my knowledge there were no models in world of warcraft prior to cataclysm.

I've checked a lot of the artwork prior to cataclysms and it looks completely different to the current in-game model so I doubt Arenanet copied it from one of the artworks.

Deleted

Dragon

Deathwing

That dragon is about 10x smaller than the mother of all dragons that will be shown in gw2 plus you have to be very lucky to find that dragon its all random and stuff. watch the dev stuff about it.

Not his model...

looks like a prettier version of deathwing if you ask me

...what? a fully designed, modeled, rigged and animated dragon featured in a video rendered and edited and eventually posted like 18 months ago is a deathwing rip? what about smaug from the hobbit, i bet he's a rip too!

Quote Originally Posted by kcolraWertex View Post
    Haha, i like how when it's blizzard who adds something it's a ripoff from GW2 and when NCsoft takes the deathwing model and recolours it, it looks completely different. GW fans.

Seriously, game development would be nowhere if designers didn't take ideas from eachother. I don't care if they stole deathwing if they can make it work, just how I don't care if blizzard takes another feature from another game. In the end I'll play the game with the best execution.
    Arenanet developed that model even before cataclysms was released, so it's unlikely they ripped off this model from Blizzard.

I heard dragons look kinda similar bro, what'cha think about it?

Saw the entire fight in a video way back...looks BEYOND BAD ASS. The dragons intro scene where he lands and skids on the ground is so powerful to see the sheer power and scale of the thing. But still, Deathwing has a tragic story. Totally awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are getting trolled, stop responding. Should probably lock as well, flamebait thread if I ever saw one.

It's... A big dragon. Do you know how many games, movies, books, art pieces, air fresheners and laptop decals have big dragons?
    Those who search for meaning in something will always find it - even if it's not there. Apophenia and pareidolia, gentlemen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Congrats on finally finding something that's already over a year old.

The Shatterer is a dragon, Deathwing is a dragon. Both look like dragons, doesn't mean that the Shatterer is a copy of Deathwing.
    1 year already, damn! Thought that was 2!

Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    Arenanet developed that model even before cataclysms was released, so it's unlikely they ripped off this model from Blizzard.
    Cata was in development since before Wotlk's release.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

The dragon in GW2 looks like a dragon that could give a good fight.
    Not just riding on his back hitting some tendrils that come from his body. xP

Also like everyone has said, WoW invented dragons.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually the Shatterer (Shatteror?), a Lieutenant Dragon which is tiny compared to the Elder Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    Cata was in development since before Wotlk's release.
    Are you suggesting that somehow Arenanet was able to get access to Deathwing's model while it was still in development and steal the design?

If so how would they have done this exactly?