A nice watch about subscriptions

this is a nice video i found about the cost of MMOs in terms of subscription model

its from a defense of GW2 point of view but its still a good one to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns-IIn-DG-c

Very good video. Presents the points in an articulate, intelligent matter, and doesn't shove the facts down your throat. 10/10

I link this video every time somebody says anything about the business model. I love it. =)

15+ Year Old Account
    very nice indeed i'll need to recommend it to others
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Great video, thanks for sharing it with us. It illustrates one of the great reasons why I love the Guild Wars series.

This is pretty much what I tell people who refuse to believe that a non-subscription based MMO can be good. I will never understand that concept : /

I saw this not to long ago very good video, helped my understand after being brainwashed by the WoW populous for 6 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balfire View Post
    I saw this not to long ago very good video, helped my understand after being brainwashed by the WoW populous for 6 years.
    Eh, I still play WoW. Probably end up playing WoW, D3, and GW2 when it shows its face eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by antonatsis View Post
    this is a nice video i found about the cost of MMOs in terms of subscription model

its from a defense of GW2 point of view but its still a good one to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns-IIn-DG-c
    I stopped watching when it grouped Rift into the 'pay for expansion content' label... Rift has had a good deal of free content added...

-Alamar

Quote Originally Posted by AlamarAtMMOC View Post
    I stopped watching when it grouped Rift into the 'pay for expansion content' label... Rift has had a good deal of free content added...

-Alamar
    Yes, it's very good. But is it FOUR expansions worth of content per year (the cost of the $180 in sub fees)? That's about 20 new zones. I think Rift is probably doing the best job at providing content right now, but it's still not worth $180 a year. Maybe if they dropped the price down to $5 or $10 a month, it would be worth it.

I agree that Trion are bosses with content releases, though.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

Deleted
    Cool video.

I must admit I had my reservations about the lack of subscription fees in GW2 but I remain open minded.

It's also a harsh reminder of just how much money AvB is milking from us.

Deleted
    Nice video thank you, free to play shouldn't be something people are scared of. A game can generate enough money from initial sales and micro transactions.

2 thumbs up, btw, haven't paid Blizz $15 since Dec 2010.