New Tol'Barad/Wintergrasp in Pandaria?

Did anyone see anything about a new World PvP zone ala TB or WG in any panels/etc?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePhan1234 View Post
    Did anyone see anything about a new World PvP zone ala TB or WG in any panels/etc?
    There wont be one. the game is dead for world pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthNemis View Post
    Despite the fact that it was said multiple times that the game will focus on the Horde vs Alliance conflict rather than a united front against a main villain...
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthNemis View Post
    They specifically said they are going to encourage World PvP outside of the instanced world pvp that is TB/WG. They said they'd be adding World Raid Bosses back in. And limiting flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

i hope there isn't one. and they come up with a system similar to TBC where it was a zone by zone basis. bring the world PvP to the world, not some seperate area that is only used for loot pinata's and dailies.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

World raid bosses did nothing but encourage mindless ganking by attacking an otherwise distracted/preoccuped opponent.
    I do not call that world pvp.
    Something which involved maintaining control of a region, not unlike say like Halaa was a far better system.
    World raid bosses suit pve, not pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said there will not be a new one, but that they would experiment with new forms of world pvp.

Interestingly enough, they DID say there would still be a faction controlled instance like VoA and BH.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    i hope there isn't one. and they come up with a system similar to TBC where it was a zone by zone basis. bring the world PvP to the world, not some seperate area that is only used for loot pinata's and dailies.
    With the new Raid Finder, the philosophy is that those basic raid bosses, Archavon Style will be only that, Piñatas... So I have to unfortunately agree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the problem I hated those kind of world PvP/Bgs

I guess they won't make a new Baradins Hold because you will have Raidfinder to get your first epics and it makes no sense if you would get tier sets from BH and RF. Tho it would make it harder to obtain PVP gear but it's not hard to obtain anyway, just some dedication and time in BGs.

But anyway, i really hope they won't make another TB/WG because it's not a good idéa of world PvP, so messy and laggy.
    I would guess that the world bosses will bring back some world PvP between guilds/raids.

Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    I guess they won't make a new Baradins Hold because you will have Raidfinder to get your first epics and it makes no sense if you would get tier sets from BH and RF. Tho it would make it harder to obtain PVP gear but it's not hard to obtain anyway, just some dedication and time in BGs.

But anyway, i really hope they won't make another TB/WG because it's not a good idéa of world PvP, so messy and laggy.
    I would guess that the world bosses will bring back some world PvP between guilds/raids.
    That's their plan. No BG Zone to encourage world PvP. Also should (IN THEORY) cut down on the people who cry out 'TB/WG WELFARE EPIX!!! FUCKIN' CASUALS!' Then again... WoW community. Oh so delightful.

10+ Year Old Account
    im pretty sure i heard chilton (maybe cory stockon) say that they werent going to make one. they said that they felt that WG and TB didnt really set out to do what they were intended for. they said they are going to try really hard to actually bring back spontaneous world pvp skirmishes.

will they be able to pull it off? probably not. but he did menation that they are going to try and find a way to actually give rewards for that sort of thing. i think the example used was actually getting rewards for taking over crossroads.

id like to see them bring that back but its hard since you cant really control it. maybe since they are bringing back world raid bosses and trying to get people to not just sit around in capitals we will see more of that pvp out in the world. curious to see what they do.

And what Tol Barad had to World PvP. It only remimds me about endless daily quests grind.
    Altho i wish to see something like that on Pandaria, maybe there will be one. But after Blizz logic, they bring Raid Finder for casuals with raid difficulty for blind retarded kids, so we dont need new VoA anymore.

I hope not.

Keep it oldschool, blizzard. Do something aobut flying mounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    I vote for everyone migrating back to Wintergrasp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Despite the fact that it was said multiple times that the game will focus on the Horde vs Alliance conflict rather than a united front against a main villain...
    If world pvp had any significant role in the xpack they'd have talked about it. They didn't.

What they did talk about is "PvE battlegrounds". I therefore don't expect them to do anything more interesting with the horde/alliance conflict than just making people kill opposite-faction themed mobs and bosses.