Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yata View Post
    Maybe they just wanna discourage people from creating more paladins since there are too many as it is...
    I suspect all they need to change that is introduce account wide achievements.

EJL

Just .... why do people care so much about paladin races? >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Just .... why do people care so much about paladin races? >_>
    Because your race is obviously a defining aspect of every single part of the game

....right?

Deleted
    why does there need to be equal balance between how many races can be a class? i dont think any other races would suite being a paladin, though they managed to get tauren to work so i guess they could stretch it to something else, but its not that big a deal.

Goblin please

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    How would it make sense for a pandaren to be a paladin? They have had absolutely no contact with any paladins in this world or any other up until when MoP comes out. THey wouldn't have been able to learn to become pallies because no one was there to teach them.
    They would have their own versions of paladins. Simple as that.

Deleted
    There hasn't been a new paladin race since BC. Now even the balance among races is ruined, with Alliance having 3 paladin and 3 shaman races with pandaren. If people want to play something new, they should recieve something available, but they have not, not with worgen (which could have worked), not with goblins, nor with pandaren.

Deleted
    In my opinion Undead should be able to roll Paladins, they should be able to be whatever class they have been when they were alive

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    There hasn't been a new paladin race since BC. Now even the balance among races is ruined, with Alliance having 3 paladin and 3 shaman races with pandaren. If people want to play something new, they should recieve something available, but they have not, not with worgen (which could have worked), not with goblins, nor with pandaren.
    Tauren say hi.
    On the point though,I dont see why there should be a new race for Paladins.None of the other existing races fit the class (and yes not even Tauren should have been Paladins).
    Pandaren also dont have a connection to the light to make them a valid candidate for the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    why does there need to be equal balance between how many races can be a class? i dont think any other races would suite being a paladin, though they managed to get tauren to work so i guess they could stretch it to something else, but its not that big a deal.
    They made Tauren "work" about as well as holy power, imo. IE not very well

Why are people saying undead cannot be monks. Monks are spiritually calm and beast hand to hand fighters. What part of them involves the Light or aversion/need of it? Monks are not holy class.

Why does there need to be race balance between Shaman and Paladin? This is not Vanilla WoW. Times have changed.

Why do we need to dilute the paladin class more by adding more races, why not just remove the race/class restrictions in that case?

Deleted
    Even hunters have no side balance, gnomes still can't be hunters while every horde race can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladins don't get a new race this xpac. It woulnd't make sence for the same reasons Worgen cannot be paladins. Pandarians have been gone for over 10,000 years, thats way before the Knight of the Silver Hand and Paladinism, came into order.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Panderan are a neutral race. They choose horde or alliance at level 10. Therefore both alliance and horde get one new shaman race...and thats been the only balance they've done regarding pallys and shamans. Making sure one faction has the same amount of paladins/shamans as the other faction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemos View Post
    Why undeads cannot be paladins?

Srsly
    and stun yourself each time you cast Holy Wrath? =(

Vote 4 Undead Pala's !!!

EXORCISM!!! *ouuch my hand*

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    They made Tauren "work" about as well as holy power, imo. IE not very well
    Actually Tauren aren't paladins, AT ALL. They are Druids of the Sun. They are only Paladins because of the tag in the game, and not having to design a whole class just for them.

Their implementation seems terrible, because people say "Tauren Paladins????? That makes no sense!!!" Instead of being like "Ohhhh, Tauren that worship the Sun and harness it's power, the opposite of Druid's who harness the moon's power. Gotcha!!!" Their implementation in actuality and lore, is not bad at all. It's just a sect of Druids who started worshipping the Sun instead of the Moon.

So it was actually implemented just fine, but people make a big deal about the Paladin tag, not knowing that it's only for gameplay's sake. Tauren, no, you are not and will not be Paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton View Post
    Actually Tauren aren't paladins, AT ALL. They are Druids of the Sun. They are only Paladins because of the tag in the game, and not having to design a whole class just for them.

Their implementation seems terrible, because people say "Tauren Paladins????? That makes no sense!!!" Instead of being like "Ohhhh, Tauren that worship the Sun and harness it's power, the opposite of Druid's who harness the moon's power. Gotcha!!!" Their implementation in actuality and lore, is not bad at all. It's just a sect of Druids who started worshipping the Sun instead of the Moon.

So it was actually implemented just fine, but people make a big deal about the Paladin tag, not knowing that it's only for gameplay's sake. Tauren, no, you are not and will not be Paladins.
    Well a problem with that as I see it right now is druid's actually have a lot more to do with the sun now in Cata, with the whole new eclipse dillio. Also, I think they were just trying too hard to make it work out so horde could have another paladin race. Honestly, I would have rather had undead be paladins than Tuaren. There's at least a precedent for it (Sir Zeliek of the Four Horsemen in Naxx) which makes it a whole lot more plausible.