Thread: Reformatting

Reformatting

I'm looking to reformat my PC. I'm having troubles with my windows 7 disk though =/. When i try and boot from disk, before i can even start installing i get an error message "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing..." "No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click ok"

I tried browsing some other places for solutions and I couldn't come up with any that worked or that I understood. Any one have any solutions?

Make sure your CD is set as your primary boot device. If it is, is it an orignal Windows CD? Is it bootable?

Failing that you can download a version of Windows again from Microsoft if you tell me which one ill give you a link.

---------- Post added 2011-10-23 at 06:14 AM ----------

Dont forget to keep a record of your product key
    Yesterday is history, today is a gift, tomorrow is mystery.

Also make sure to set the DVD drive into IDE mode from BIOS/UEFI, not AHCI or RAID.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Having you tried starting the reinstall within Windows?

In Win 7 you can get the disk to autorun when your computer is already booted up and it takes you through the same process

Bann- Yes it is set to boot from my CD drive. No it is not an original. But it is a legal CD. Like i said it starts to boot up but right after i start installing it gives me that error. I dont even get to choose which type of install or the partition.

Vesse-Ill try that now.

bobty- I tried that but i found out from microsoft Windows 7 doesnt allow that when you are trying to go from Xp 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit. So my only other option is booting from CD or a flash drive.

Edit Vesse- Well i have no clue how to change that. But if it matters im using a newer Mobo with SATA cables to my CD drive.

EDIT EDIT: OK in SATA configuration i found a setting allowing me to change between IDE AHCI and RAID so im assuming thats it. It is already set to IDE mode.
    Last edited by Sloshman; 2011-10-23 at 01:07 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you need a different copy of the DVD or your optical drive needs to be replaced.