Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question pandas killing pandas? and the horde alliance langauge barrier

so the pandarians choose which faction they wanna play on so they end up fighting and killing there own kind??? i find that strange ALSO does this mean blizzard is gonna end the langauge barrier between horde and alliance??

idk 2 both but i hope 2 both..language barrier is gay. in rift there is none which is awesome

There will be a language barrier, and for good reason.

when the barrier was bugged in arenas, there was so much abuse on both sides that blizzard hotfixed it asap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battlegrounds would be interesting...

blizzard has transcended a lot of what we used to think were permanent gameplay boundaries, over time. a long time ago when WoW was new, they used to have Forsaken speak Common, so forsaken players were the only horde who could communicate and talk trash to the other side. i think they took it out to prevent that...

but if they enabled faction to faction communication once, im sure they'd allow it again for pandaren

Humans kill humans irl.
    Blood elves kill traitor elves and night elves.
    Your various adventures in azeroth will have you kill swaths of your own race, particularly trolls and humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Humans kill humans irl.
    Blood elves kill traitor elves and night elves.
    Your various adventures in azeroth will have you kill swaths of your own race, particularly trolls and humans.
    But I only kill insane gnomes. If they aren't insane I just abandon that quest because it makes no sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Every race in game is killing other people from their own race, it is just the first time they are both players. It is nothing new.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde Orcs kill Fel Orcs
    Darkspear Trolls kill Zandalari, Amani and Gurubashi Trolls
    Forsaken kill Scourge
    Stormwind kills Defias

Horde Pandaren kill Alliance Pandaren (and vise versa)

Also, in IRL, Humans kill Humans

Being the same race has never stopped WoW characters from attacking a different faction.

As for Pandaren language, Blizz will probably give two pandaren dialects for gameplay reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    There needs to be a barrier, it would just be abused so fast.
    The Pandaren from the Alliance and Horde would likely just adapt to their common language and be done with it.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Lore wise there is no language barrier. It's a game play mechanic. It would be nice for role players if this was fixed.
    Apparently in SWTOR cross faction speak can happen using chat bubbles in /say only. I think that could work, but it's a shame all you trash talkers had to ruin it for everyone else.

This can be very an interesting twist on the game. As much as I hated the zombie invasion, talking to other fellow zombies of the scourge regardless of their original faction was fun. We will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezmos View Post
    so the pandarians choose which faction they wanna play on so they end up fighting and killing there own kind??? i find that strange ALSO does this mean blizzard is gonna end the langauge barrier between horde and alliance??
    Your first question has allready been answered by Blizz,
    Pandaren enjoy Fighting and use combat as a way to solve Problems, which does NOT mean they hate each other, meaning in the end, two groups of pandaren disagree on something, so they battle it out and after the dust settles and an agreement is found (stronger group is right) both groups would sit down and have a beer.

Thats the big difference, because all other factions fight out of hatred and missunderstanding, Pandarens fight to reach a conclusion if words wont do.

I hope they NEVER remove the language barrier. We communicate through violence, and I like that.

Humans kill Humans irl.

Problem?

From a mechanics point of view, this is understandable; however lore wise I doubt they'd fight one another regardless of faction choice. The language barrier is there because it keeps people of either the Horde or Alliance from flaming one another in BG's, outdoor areas, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    But I only kill insane gnomes. If they aren't insane I just abandon that quest because it makes no sense.
    But all gnomes are insane......

There was a question just like this on BlizzCon, they will kill eachother and just go on with it, kinda like testing their skill and then go back drinking their beer

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    This can be very an interesting twist on the game. As much as I hated the zombie invasion, talking to other fellow zombies of the scourge regardless of their original faction was fun. We will have to wait and see.
    Oh wow! I was on WOW hiatus a few months when that happened, and came back the night of WOTLK's launch. I missed it, I never knew ghouls could communicate cross faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because they are of the same race does not mean that they will not kill eachother. Also as for the language barrier, I am most pleased they are doing away with it. It is such a bother.