Thread: MoP & GW2

MoP & GW2

So sorry to make a thread about MoP in here, but I could not help it.

Is it just me or does the MoP expansion look like Blizz got shaken a bit by GW2? Isnt there quite many things in that expansion pack that looks a lot like GW2(apart from the Pandas, thank you MMO gods)?
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?!"
    X: "Nothing"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sign a 12 month contract and get free Diablo 3, a mount and guaranteed entry into Wow betas..... yeah for some reason I think they're worried about losing people in the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Sign a 12 month contract and get free Diablo 3, a mount and guaranteed entry into Wow betas..... yeah for some reason I think they're worried about losing people in the next year.
    I concur, the marketing ploy blizzard has set out certainly seems to have been done in response to intense competition next year with the aim of retaining as much as its current player base as possible.

Q: What are Scenarios?

Scenarios are a new type of PvE challenge designed for groups of as few as 3 or as many as 25 players, depending on what is appropriate for the content. Scenarios require players to band together to complete a specific goal, such as defending Goldshire against a gnoll attack or storming a beach near a Horde fortification. Each scenario will have its own set of unique objectives, and in general they will offer a different type of gameplay from the trash-and-boss design of 5-player dungeons.

Scenarios will allow for more flexible group compositions than dungeons do, so parties won’t necessarily need a specific number of tanks, healers, or damage-dealers (though exactly what’s required will vary by scenario). And while a scenario may take place in a familiar location within the game world, each scenario will be instanced. In general, expect a scenario to take anywhere between 10 to 30 minutes to complete.

This definitely. It's like Dynamic Events but in WoW style... meaning, getting a notification to click on, to get ported to a area. Closed off and do something that happens. Not close enough, but something like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    This definitely. It's like Dynamic Events but in WoW style... meaning, getting a notification to click on, to get ported to a area. Closed off and do something that happens. Not close enough, but something like it.
    It feels closer to Rift's event's to me, stages and all.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

I laughed quite hard when I say the features being implemented in MoP. First, take the class Monk. One of the big "features" of that class is NO AUTO-ATTACK, not a single class in GW2 has auto-attack and it's quite a big deal when it comes to the combat system. Blizzard realizes they can't change every class but, hey, lets cut some corners!

Another thing is the scenarios, the thing that looks exactly like a bad version of GW2's dynamic events. They are not only instanced, but it looks so far like they won't change how the world looks even a tiny bit.

Blizzard has to realize that WoW is outdated, they are cutting so many corners it's not even funny. So many things that resemble other games, but worse, are being put in just to give players a "substitute" to the new and better games. The 12-month free Diablo 3 thing is another example of this. I believe that Cataclysm was cut quite short just to get another expansion out in time for the big new games (thinking mostly GW2 here, since SWTOR is coming quite soon) and try to hang onto as many players as possible.

This is just sad and terrible marketing, they are doing this hoping that their customer base is completely blind. Well, many are... I just hope that these lame "tricks" won't keep WoW in the game any longer.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that the monks mobility moves/gap closer (if you play arena a way to LoS) is a dodge roll.

Monks also mainly aoe heal like nearly all of the professions(classes) do in GW2.

Blizzard is also implementing the mini dungeons/events that don't require the trinity roles to complete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that Blizzcon is over, it's time to move on and let life return to normal. The topic has thoroughly been discussed for 2 days now, and further going into it will prove non-constructive.

Closing

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net