Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Jedi Guardian and Sith Warrior Priority!

This is our go and JG and SW rotation/priority system for single target tanking, it is done using known information, so no NDA was broken at all. Anymore discussion about the class or different classes is welcome but use private messages if you're unsure about the NDA.

THIS IS THE UPDATED IMAGES, CLEANING IT UP.

Last edited by Traces; 2011-10-24 at 06:51 PM.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed

Considering the game is in beta and thus a thousand things will be changed before launch...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Considering the game is in beta and thus a thousand things will be changed before launch...
    I really doubt a thousand things will change within the next month and a half before the game launches (if you include early launch).

We're fully expecting changes but the base priority system will stay the same with keeping debuffs up and the ability being used. The most likely thing is focus cost changes and damage / threat modifiers.
    Last edited by Traces; 2011-10-23 at 12:08 PM.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traces View Post
    This is our go and JG and SW rotation/priority system, it is done using known information, so no NDA was broken at all. Anymore discussion about the class or different classes is welcome but use private messages if you're unsure about the NDA.

No offense mate but the game isn't out yet but you want to ensure about the "proper" rotation.

I personally would like to be a noob for couple of months even after game is released.

I want enjoy it, the story and " enjoy the rotation " much, much later.

I started to check my rotation after two years of playing wow so lets us enjoy the game first then , if we are bored of the world itself, let us focus on the game itself.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    No offense mate but the game isn't out yet but you want to ensure about the "proper" rotation.

I personally would like to be a noob for couple of months even after game is released.

I started to check my rotation after two years of playing wow so lets us enjoy the game first then , if we are bored of the world itself, let us focus on the game itself.
    Yeah that's cool, if you want to do that but really was there a need to post that in here? It's for constructive use and based around people who will be going straight for raiding.

Personally I like to play at a high standard in the game and don't want to "be a noob for a couple of months".
    Last edited by Traces; 2011-10-23 at 12:08 PM.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding

Deleted
    Confuzzzzed

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by creedster View Post
    Confuzzzzed
    What about? If you tell me the section then I can explain it.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding

Yeah, too much is going to change over the next month and a half, not to mention a lot of other things that may affect this stuff is under NDA. Maybe not a thousand things, but perhaps 999 things, or at least enough that there can't really be meaningful conversation about it until much closer to launch, perhaps even after.

Deleted
    This is more a priority system than an actual rotation - The first box in the top is supposed to be seen as your opener with combat focus + force leap + Hilt strike before you begin getting shield and debuff(s) up - and how to prioritise your focus/rage to maintain debuff, threat and survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post

Not everyone wants to be bad at the game for 2 years :/
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Yeah, too much is going to change over the next month and a half, not to mention a lot of other things that may affect this stuff is under NDA. Maybe not a thousand things, but perhaps 999 things, or at least enough that there can't really be meaningful conversation about it until much closer to launch, perhaps even after.
    Unlikely that they will revamp the class at this stage. Like I said it will be focus / threat and damage that will change if anything. Also most of the information was taken from the current build which is available.

Yepp, pretty much this.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding

Deleted
    Besides - Soresu form and our Focus/rage generating abilites hasn't changed since forever - it's pretty much a core mechanic for the class.
    If they change that - they change the whole class - I'm willing to bet good money that a total class revamp wont happen!

Things that are likely to change are focus/rage consuming abilities, such as Traces mentioned ealier.

Quote Originally Posted by Traces View Post
    Unlikely that they will revamp the class at this stage. Like I said it will be focus / threat and damage that will change if anything. Also most of the information was taken from the current build which is available.
    Might you be able to provide a link to this current build data?

I've not had a close look at this because telling me it's for SW or JG doesn't really help. Is this a Tank or DPS rotation? I'm guessing that despite not showing any leaked info, you must be using data from the leaked talent trees - if not, this is useless anyway. My point being, without a spec and abilities list, in isolation this doesn't count for much so you need to wait until the NDA lifts for any real discussion to take place.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Might you be able to provide a link to this current build data?
    YouTube links from the previous 2 game events has players rolling over abilities and recording them. Sith Warrior and Jedi Guardian are the easiest ones to find for, hence why we done it for that rather than the Smuggler / Imperial Agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Roqq View Post
    I've not had a close look at this because telling me it's for SW or JG doesn't really help. Is this a Tank or DPS rotation? I'm guessing that despite not showing any leaked info, you must be using data from the leaked talent trees - if not, this is useless anyway. My point being, without a spec and abilities list, in isolation this doesn't count for much so you need to wait until the NDA lifts for any real discussion to take place.
    Good point, I added it to the top, although looking at it you can see it is for tanking. No data is used from leaked talent trees. It is up fine on the SWTOR website also. It is all from public events and tooltip readings.
    Last edited by Traces; 2011-10-23 at 12:40 PM.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding

Deleted
    Is this a Tank or DPS rotation?
    Tank.
    Not rotation - priority system. (poster must have typo'd or something)

Don't see why so many people are being so evasive when it comes to trying to get a feel of the mechanics and systems and maybe theorycraft abit with what we got - instead of talking about what freaking companion they want to romance or if they like the dress in a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Elobi View Post
    Tank.
    Not rotation - priority system. (poster must have typo'd or something)
    Not to be padantic (well, maybe I am) but a rotation if done correctly is just a function of a priority list, so, semantics. Anyway, cheers for the clarification on AC.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not to be padantic (well, maybe I am) but a rotation if done correctly is just a function of a priority list, so, semantics. Anyway, cheers for the clarification on AC.
    Yeah dude my bad, I thought it was in the post or the image.

I wouldn't say that Priority==Rotation.

Rotation being the same thing over and over to get excellent DPS think Warrior. Priority System is reacting to the situation think Feral Druid. I suppose it is just grasping at air though.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding

Deleted
    Well maybe him and many many ppl like to enjoy the game and not just blast up to max lvl.

And talking rotations and stuff is just stupid to me. Its not finished. Come back when you have 100% fact and not like now at least 50% right.

Oh oh and Traces go look up irony on the web. You may learn a thing or two. :-))

I'm a bit curious how you think you came up with anything resembling a good rotation/priority system when you don't know damage amounts, stat modifiers, or talent modifiers.