Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Collectors Edition- Who has it, Who wants it, Who thinks its worth it.

So I was noticing the announcement the other day

taken from http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111021
    Mouse Droid. This mouse droid, custom-skinned for Collector’s Edition owners, serves as a faithful pet that will follow you as you make your way across the galaxy.
    Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.
    That made me very glad that I had purchased the CE for the game. I think it is really nice to get more than just a little noncombat pet for the collectors. I mean unique companion models seems like a pretty cool incentive to me. Allot of people on the official forums were up in arms because of the wording used on the "inside the collectors edition" announcement used ambiguous wording that made people think the CE store would be made available to them ( link here if your curious http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=564026 ) So many people were complaining about not getting it, about it getting updates, and all that jazz.

So really just looking to see MMO-C opinion on the matter and what you guys think. Do you own the CE? Do you think it was worth the price? Do you think it is fair to people who did not get the CE? Curious to see your thoughts. Also no poll, we haven't had enough activity these past few days. >:P

don't really give a sh*t about the CE. the DDE is more than enough for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haz Collectors Edition! It iz awzome!

However I think you shuold be able to give some of the stuff to friends, tho it will open up a market on the action house that is not a good ide. So yeah, it wont happen:P
    Last edited by Daniboy; 2011-10-23 at 03:51 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    don't really give a sh*t about the CE. the DDE is more than enough for me.
    but then you don't get the Malgus Barbi----action figure!

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the CE, and think it's worth every penny, mostly for the Authenticator and Malgus Statue.

as far as the store goes, myeh, it's not going to have any effect on gameplay, so people shouldn't really get so... heated about it. Lets face it you just know most of the gear/companion looks are going to be rubbish

and if they're not... people will complain and the shop will go up for purchase online
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

If I was rich, I'd get it.

But for now (I'm still young, young people aren't rich! Unless you're a trust funder) I'll be happy with my Standard Edition.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

preordered the CE, I love maps and the store sounds amazing. A lightsaber memory stick would have been cool, with kotor 1 &2 on it (like in starcraft2/diablo3)
    I dont even care that much about the malgus satue yet, I gotta see it live first, dont know yet if I actually display it somewhere.

probably spending too much money on it .... but I think it's worth it.

I wish it wasn't so much with the statue.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    preordered the CE, I love maps and the store sounds amazing. A lightsaber memory stick would have been cool, with kotor 1 &2 on it (like in starcraft2/diablo3)
    I dont even care that much about the malgus satue yet, I gotta see it live first, dont know yet if I actually display it somewhere.
    That would have been cool! Yeah really looking forward to the Malgus Statue. I intend to bring it into my work space to nerd it up hardcore.

I have the CE and I think it's worth it for me. I like all the bonus stuff but what I like the most is the VIP area. There is an inside joke in my guild dealing with exaggerated wealth and the VIP area will enhance said joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got it. I've had literally years to know it's coming and have money set aside for it. I like most of the things that will come with it, and like the idea of the collector's store a lot. I'd like to look different. And it's worth the extra cash to have what I want.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Never really been into all this CE stuff. My brother got it, I don't have $150 laying around to spend on it, just got the standard edition from Amazon.
    The authenticator would have been nice though.
    yes I hope they really get those out fast so people can buy them. They may get an app for smart phones too from what I heard. So here is hoping!

I pre-ordered the DDE. I don't particularly want or need the physical items in the box (also moving to Singapore January, so cutting down on physical possessions).

I am a little annoyed that there was not a fully digital collectors edition (hell, I might even have paid the same price as the physical one).

PS - Was the companion customization always on there, or was that added recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Never really been into all this CE stuff.
    Same. Someone from my WoW guild buys the CE for every MMO that comes out, but I just don't find the extra cost worth it. I'll admit, the soundtrack will probably be really sweet, but all the other stuff I can do without.

Deluxe Digital version here, and of course I'll be getting the authenticator as soon as it's available to the rest of us.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    I pre-ordered the DDE. I don't particularly want or need the physical items in the box (also moving to Singapore January, so cutting down on physical possessions).

I am a little annoyed that there was not a fully digital collectors edition (hell, I might even have paid the same price as the physical one).

PS - Was the companion customization always on there, or was that added recently?
    I do not know, I only noticed that part recently. So would need clarification on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    but then you don't get the Malgus Barbi----action figure!
    It's neither, it's a statue. An action figure would imply that it does something or you play with it, this is purely for display.

Yes, I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition, totally worth it. Statue, awesome; Journal, awesome; and the Soundtrack, gonna listen to that a ton.

P.S. No one can have the Collector's Edition yet.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    It's neither, it's a statue. An action figure would imply that it does something or you play with it, this is purely for display.

Yes, I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition, totally worth it. Statue, awesome; Journal, awesome; and the Soundtrack, gonna listen to that a ton.

P.S. No one can have the Collector's Edition yet.
    that barbie-action figure was a joke ^_^;;;

also yes i totally forgot the soundtrack. Totally looking forward to that.

the store and mouse droid are nice but what does it for me a good bit is the journal of Gnostt-durall and getting a mount with it

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm acutally buying the Collectors edition for my friend... He gave me his HD TV though...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post

My understanding is that the companion customization element was added recently; part of the beta feedback has been a desire for more focus on the companions and options for them (for example, there is a developer journal posted last week where they talk about adding gear options for Khem).