Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pffft, Should of bought CE version...

I never bought any Collectors editions for WoW or any other game .... never had the excitement I had for this either though. It still seems like a lot, but I want it so ... yeah I got the CE right away.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tell me, who said that mount was going to cost nothing? To my understanding that mount will cost the same thing from the collector store.

I think with all the physical item included in the box its really worth it, to anyone who think otherwise dont know the value of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Tell me, who said that mount was going to cost nothing?
    Bioware did. It's a free mount you get. You still need to buy the riding skill though.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Bioware did. It's a free mount you get. You still need to buy the riding skill though.
    Which is probably the costly part, not the mount itself

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Which is probably the costly part, not the mount itself
    Still saves you some credits on the mount itself. With all the uproar of the CE VIP area/store, could you imagine how upset people would get if your mount training was included as well...

Plus I'm sure the game needs credit sinks.

As for the topic, Yeah, I pre-ordered the CE, It doesn't really bother me if they were to sell the CE store later down the road for real money, but I doubt they'd do that. The number 1 reason (BY FAR) for me to get the CE? The authenticator. BW hasn't announced when they will be available for purchase outside of CE's, and I was hacked once, don't want it to happen again (I know authenticators aren't 100%, but they are a very nice added level of security).

The CE is still available now, people have a choice. As Trollsbane mentioned before, He knew it was going to come out, and he save his money a while ago in anticipation. The game is still a month an a half away, and I'm sure some stores will STILL have some on the shelves come release. This is a major cash cow for Bioware, with regards to initial launch. I would be extremely surprised if they didn't take the numbers from every retailer, and make enough CE's to compensate for the demand. I mean it's 2.5 times the cost of the standard edition...

I wanted it, but didn't want to pay $150 for it. They are out of their mind.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I know wal-mart and bestbuy still have them listed on their websites. I heard people having wierd issues with bestbuy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    Indeed $150 is abit too much, 80-90$ would of been resonable tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    It's on par with others. Here are a few:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011/...udes-a-dragon/

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    I want one, tho I can't afford it atm, so I settled with the most basic one.

Apperantly building a house is expensive, never figured o.O
    Last edited by vian; 2011-10-23 at 07:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I was going to buy the DDE for the mount which is the only thing that interests me, but you can't use paypal on Origin to buy it and I don't want to put my credit card information on a site that looks as poorly designed as that one is. So I bought the CE instead and I'm planning on selling the Malgus barbie to some nerd who desires it, maybe even at a profit. Seems like a good deal to me.
    Last edited by Ozires; 2011-10-23 at 07:36 PM.

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

I have the CE pre-order and think it is well worth it!

15+ Year Old Account
    i want the CE but all sold out in less then 24 hours of availability here in my town.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wanted it because if the game tanks, anything with Star Wars: The Old Republic will sell like hotcakes within a few years to Star Wars fanboys. Basically, I knew that Malgus statue would reimburse the cost of the game by itself.
    Scratch a cynic and you'll find a disappointed idealist - George Carlin (1937-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    The Statue would normally cost around $100. The game $60. The soundtrack $10-$20. How are they out of their mind?

I have the collectors edition and I think it's well worth it. I'm going to have a blast listening to that soundtrack.

I got it because I like to collect Video Game memorabilia. I intend to carry the soundtrack with me when I travel. The poster is frameable.

For the in-game stuff - OK, nice. I'll use it but I don't think I'm going to be heavy into in-game frills. To each his or her own.

But then you are talking to a person who went to a yard sale and saw an IntelleVision and a CollecoVision in their original boxes with games / software packs .. and snatched em up. Original boxes is everything, and this CE involved with the biggest MMO launch to date is no different (But really I will enjoy the physical items inside the box too)

Deleted
    Ngh. I'm tempted, so I might strike a deal with my mother and ask for the collector's edition as a christmas present and go half and half on the payment. That is, if there's even any copies left in the coming weeks. My mum's great for knowing the sort of games I'm into, so she's mentioned it a few times already. Just a shame it's so expensive - but I'd rather pay half myself so she doesn't end up shelling out a small fortune.

After spending cash on Rift and Starcraft 2 collector's editions, I'm a little wary. I just really, really hope ToR keeps me busy for a good few years so I get my money's worth!
    Last edited by mmocdce59f885c; 2011-10-23 at 08:44 PM.

Between the Statue, the Soundtrack, the Journal of Gnost Dural, the Tin, and the Authenticator, it was very much worth my $150. The digital items were just gravy on the top for me at that point.