Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    The authenticator. BW hasn't announced when they will be available for purchase outside of CE's, and I was hacked once, don't want it to happen again (I know authenticators aren't 100%, but they are a very nice added level of security).
    Once saw a interview in july, they will be on sale after or for release.

The only thing from the CE that interests me are these new "unique appearances for your companion". Kind of lame that you're missing out on something like that with the basic version.
    But the price is just insane, so there is no way I'm getting it.
    Few digital items + some cheap merchandise VS 2 full games (looking at Skyrim + Assassins Creed Revelations)... I'll take the last one

I'll be getting the Mass Effect 3 CE though... it's less than half the price so that's much more resonable.

I have the CE on preorder, and I think its worth it. I'm pretty damn into star wars, so swtor CE was something that I had to do. The malgus statue is pretty cool, and I feel that all of the in game stuff is definitely worth it, along with all of the bonus stuff IRl, between the authenticator, the soundtrack and the other small items. so yes, I think its very much worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I'll be getting the Mass Effect 3 CE though... it's less than half the price so that's much more resonable.
    My parents actually got me the CE for TOR since they know I've been following it for 3 years (I'm 17 and a senior in high school, I shall still accept gifts!) and I'm gonna buy the Mass Effect 3 CE mainly because it has an art book and the lithograph of the Normandy.

Few digital items + some cheap merchandise
    I think you're severely underestimating the value of this package.

Lets assume all the digital items are free, for the sake of argument, and most of them appear in the Digital Deluxe

- $60 is the physical game itself, just to buy the IP.
    - Gentle Giant Statues typically range from $40-$250 Dollars. Let's call it 70, as that's on average considering the size and detail in comparison with other statues on their website.
    - The Journal of Gnost Dural, printed and pages, is $20 at least.
    - The retail value of the soundtrack would be around $18
    - The Galaxy Map Poster would be about $10
    - The Game Case is about $5
    - The Authenticator is about $10

+ Collector's Edition Packaging

Now this is a retail look at all of the CE items. By packaging them together, obviously they save money, hence why it's still a profit for them. Nonetheless, the rough estimated value of this package is around $195 dollars, not including the in-game items.

So $150 dollars for it all?

Yes Please.

I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting the CE, the only reason I didn't was that damn statue of Malgus, and the fact that I didn't have a job at the time I preordered. Yeah he's cool and all, but he's also ugly and I'm playing Republic... and I just didn't want to pay that much for the thing I cared about least in the CE. I would've loved the soundtrack, journal and authenticator, I'm really hoping I can get those separately.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    I think you're severely underestimating the value of this package.

- Gentle Giant Statues typically range from $40-$250 Dollars. Let's call it 70, as that's on average considering the size and detail in comparison with other statues on their website.
    Yeah I guess it comes down to the overpriced statue. I wouldn't even want one if it was just 20$, so that kinda ruins the whole CE for me.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I guess it comes down to the overpriced statue. I wouldn't even want one if it was just 20$, so that kinda ruins the whole CE for me.
    I am sure you could always sell the statue?

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    I am sure you could always sell the statue?
    Pretty much. Wait 8 or so months after launch, that thing would be worth gold.

I have it and can't wait, sure it's 150 for it but the store/statue/sound track is really worth it too me.

Ive preordered one, looking forward very much to receiving it.
    Yub Yub

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    A lightsaber memory stick would have been cool, with kotor 1 &2 on it (like in starcraft2/diablo3)
    OMFG that would be beyond badass :P especially as my copy of Kotor2 has finally died (can't get past the cutscene on Onderon to free the Doc) although I'd probably copy Kotor 1&2 onto a normal flashpen, and use the Saber one for carrying other stuff on

or they could make the Authenticator a Lightsaber! and the blade could light up whenever you got a code...

or they could put in an actual working Lightsaber...wait... no.. I went one to far didn't I? Okay just the Authentisaber.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I'm in college and spend my money on too much stupid shit to afford the CE. What exactly is the Digital Deluxe version besides all the perks?

Quote Originally Posted by Aundas View Post
    I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting the CE, the only reason I didn't was that damn statue of Malgus, and the fact that I didn't have a job at the time I preordered. Yeah he's cool and all, but he's also ugly and I'm playing Republic... and I just didn't want to pay that much for the thing I cared about least in the CE. I would've loved the soundtrack, journal and authenticator, I'm really hoping I can get those separately.
    I too wish if I was stuck with the statue it was a Republic one or someone cooler. Maybe a HK-47 statue, or Satele? Revan? Vette?! meh on Malgus, maybe I'll sell it later on.

I personally could care less about the CE. If it included a few cool in game items i would maybe spring for it, but a statue is not enough to entice me. Really, im going to be spending most of my time with this game actually in game, not looking at a statue, so why not include lots of cool in game stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ordered the CE, ingame store is my fave feature

Ive ordered it and put the CE code in already on the SWTOR site. Whether it is/will be worth it I will have to wait to see on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the regular edition, I've bought too much collector's editions in my life already, and I don't think the malgus statue will be worth it, since everyone and their mother will try to sell it, demand will be low.The CE store will probably be unlockable via a microtransaction anyway
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

I preordered the CE. I like the boxes >.>

Pre ordered the CE. Can't wait!!