How do I set the priority of WoW in task manager (assuming Windows) higher?

How do I set the priority of WoW in task manager (assuming Windows) higher?

Regards,
    Ecron

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've used a program called Prio before which seems to do the trick. Didn't noticed a performance difference in the game though. Can check it out here.

Deleted
    Right Click -> Set Priority

But unless you've got something else also hogging CPU resources - its unlikely to do anything at all.

Don't do it. 99% chance WoW will not run any faster, it will only lag everything else running on the computer even worse.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Thanks for answers! I'm not really having huge FPS problems, but thought it might be smart if it makes me have NO fps problems at all for 25m.
    But if it's no big difference at all, I guess there's no point?

Cheers

The correct way to use manual priority setting is lowering the priority of programs that are hogging a lot of it, let's say video rendering for example. Drop it from normal priority to idle, and WoW will get all the CPU speed it wants and the rest will be left for the video rendering. Most programs have setting for it anyway inside configuration and you should never ever touch windows task manager settings unless absolutely necessary.

If there are no tasks in your computer that are using excessive amount of CPU power on the background, then there's nothing to be gained from tweaking with the priority settings. In Windows 7 while WoW is running and nothing else, you probably see dwm.exe as having second-highest CPU usage after WoW somewhere around 1-3%, and that is Windows desktop itself. You can turn it lower to free another 1% of CPU power in that case, but if you try to alt-tab for quick facebook session, you'll notice loading web browser might suddenly take 100 times longer than before.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Thanks! I won't do this then.
    Cheers
    Ecron