Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by JeynePhalanx View Post
    Can't you sign up for the Annual pass, and then add the Collectors Edition when you get it, and get 4 of the 12 months free?
    yup exactly

You just have to pay for the game. No monthly fee like WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo View Post
    You just have to pay for the game. No monthly fee like WoW.
    I know you don't have to buy the premium things, but can anyone explain how exactly the premium maps work?

Is it like the horrible Black ops thing? Sign up for a sub?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waff View Post
    I know you don't have to buy the premium things, but can anyone explain how exactly the premium maps work?

Is it like the horrible Black ops thing? Sign up for a sub?
    What do you mean by "Premium maps"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RinTinTin View Post
    Edit: @Strangeduckface: where did you read that with the 4 month free playtime? I have not read that on the official site.
    In the FaQ

i dont understand why people think they get 4 months off of the annual pass. what the annual pass is is a commitment to blizzard that you are goin to pay them for 12 months of wow. when you buy D3CE you get an aditional 4 months of wow. so you will end up haveing paid 180$ and 100$ for the CE = 280$. then you get 4 free months so instead of paying 340$ for CE and 16months of wow you are paying 280$. thats all its saying is that wow is crediting the 60$ u spent on D3 for wow game time. i do not believe it add towards the 1 year subscrip but i may be wrong.

and D3 will be free just like D2 was. they will collect alittle fee from the real money AH that they are doing in D3

Quote Originally Posted by soulnight View Post
    i dont understand why people think they get 4 months off of the annual pass. what the annual pass is is a commitment to blizzard that you are goin to pay them for 12 months of wow. when you buy D3CE you get an aditional 4 months of wow. so you will end up haveing paid 180$ and 100$ for the CE = 280$. then you get 4 free months so instead of paying 340$ for CE and 16months of wow you are paying 280$. thats all its saying is that wow is crediting the 60$ u spent on D3 for wow game time. i do not believe it add towards the 1 year subscrip but i may be wrong.
    You're wrong.

With the annual pass, you can't cancel your subscription for 12 months. However, you don't have to let Blizzard charge your credit card either; you can add time via game cards, etc., and the next payment is pushed out appropriately. With the CE, your next payment gets pushed out 4 months once registered to your account; the annual pass is a 12-month commitment, how those 12-months are fulfilled is up to you.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I'm surprized the OP or others in this thread find not valuing the other items in the ce. The 4gb stick is nice, having d2+xpac makes it even nicer {plus BA diablo skull), the dvd/bluray combo is cool, and the art book, which I guess most may find boring, but its my main reason for wanting the ce. I can't wait to see blizzard 3d artist's work and technique from concept to final render.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    You're wrong.

With the annual pass, you can't cancel your subscription for 12 months. However, you don't have to let Blizzard charge your credit card either; you can add time via game cards, etc., and the next payment is pushed out appropriately. With the CE, your next payment gets pushed out 4 months once registered to your account; the annual pass is a 12-month commitment, how those 12-months are fulfilled is up to you.
    What happens to the original digital copy when you add the CE? Are you able to gift it to someone?

Deleted
    I´ll be playing wow anyways so the 1 year doesn´t matter that much......... then when buying the CE for 100 something...... you get 4 months of WoW for free (not sure if you can apply this to the 12 month period) , so thats 40 off the 100 from CE. That means you buy a CE for 60 and get all that godlike stuff in it ((wings omg omg)) . Pretty good compensation if it works like this.

there are no premium maps for d3. just..the game.
    sc2 may have premium maps at some point but diablo 3 will not
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready

Quote Originally Posted by arto View Post
    What happens to the original digital copy when you add the CE? Are you able to gift it to someone?
    I don't believe so. If you go with the Annual Pass, you already have Diablo III on your list of games for your Battle.net account, with a message that download not available yet. So essentially you've already purchased the game and attached it to your account. I would think that purchasing and registering the CE would upgrade your version of Diablo III to the CE, just as purchasing an expansion upgrades your WoW entry.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

You forgot the most tantalizing part of the D3 CE (for me):

Free D3 FTW!
    But really, Saving $60 on D3 means 5 months of WoW, SW:TOR and D3 for the same price as D3 + WoW. Who does't want that!
    Or basicly getting the CE or D3 for $40, Right? Not bad at all, asuming that you were gonna play wow for a year anyway.
    Brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    Run around in circles till u see a big number (20k+) and in yellow flash on ur screen. Then stop running
    Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Sorry people but you need to accept DPS is about as stressful as making a bowl of cereal.

Deleted
    Think youre just going to have to pick one here. 1 Year contracts are never a good idea imo.

Got to break it down.

Wow account 8 months $120 ($15x8)
    Diablo CE $100
    total $220

if you go the 6 months then 2 months at reg price route its cheaper but not by much.

6 months $78
    2 months $30
    Diablo CE $100
    Total $208

Just doing the WOW annual pass

Monthly $15x12 $180
    6 Months 78x2 $156

with this way you wont get the CE extras like the fetish pet or Sc2 Decals or the cool looking soul stone thumb drive.

What you have to decide is having the the pet and other stuff that come with the CE worth the extra money its only like $40 more to get the CE of diablo 3 all the extras are well worth that to me at least. Of course this is based on if you're going to play wow for the next year or so keep in mind that MoP very well may come out before the year is up.
    Last edited by Xargon321; 2011-10-28 at 06:42 AM.

Deleted
    I had really hard time deciding which option to go for but in the end decided to go for the CE Box version. The mount is good but not that amazing so if something has to give then i rather lose that.

For me its a pretty easy choice. I've no interest in playing wow while I play D3. Im also not playing wow now and may(undecided ) never return. Since both are the case, simply going for CE of D3 was the best choice. Since there's also a possibility of being able to make some money from it while playing(remote I feel though given the RMAH's design), then it will potentially allow for the paying of other games that may or may not include playing of wow. The benefits outlined with the annual pass really dont have any significant appeal or advantage for my situation.

so your all 100% sure you'll be doing nothing in 2 years still?