PvP Changes for 4.3

Anyone else concerned about the simultaneous 10% AP melee buffs AND ms buff?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I PvP much anymore, but I'm a little afraid of certain melee classes, yeah. From what I've gathered, the general consensus is that Warrior damage is low in PvP, but they always seem to wreck me, even with only 10% MS.

Deleted
    Arena is fucked atm and after these its not playable anymore....

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Isn't the 10% AP buff supposed to only be available in raids?

^Yes, it's an instance buff of some sort. And honestly, I don't think it is warranted at all. The numbers are thrown off by very OP Legendary procs from casters. :/

Unless I missed a prior release note, it looks like all the other healing debuff classes got a buff from 10% healing reduction to 25%. Not priests though.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Unless I missed a prior release note, it looks like all the other healing debuff classes got a buff from 10% healing reduction to 25%. Not priests though.
    No. Rogues, hunters, and warriors were the only one changed in the patch notes.

^Yes, it's an instance buff of some sort. And honestly, I don't think it is warranted at all. The numbers are thrown off by very OP Legendary procs from casters. :/
    all the "+10% attack power" buffs (trueshot, abom's might, BoMight, etc.) are getting buffed to 20% melee attack power

Quote Originally Posted by Wkd View Post
    all the "+10% attack power" buffs (trueshot, abom's might, BoMight, etc.) are getting buffed to 20% melee attack power
    I read a blue post that said it was only in raids... well i thought i did.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I read a blue post that said it was only in raids... well i thought i did.
    maybe, i havent seen it, i only read the class changes

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Isn't the 10% AP buff supposed to only be available in raids?
    No, the 10% AP BUFF is buffing the AP on specific buffs IE

All raid and party buffs which grant group members 10% increased attack power have been changed slightly. They continue to provide 10% increased ranged attack power, but now provide 20% increased melee attack power.

Abomination's Might: The melee attack power bonus from this raid buff has been increased to 10/20%, up from 5/10%. The ranged attack power bonus remains 5/10%.
    Blessing of Might: The melee attack power bonus from this raid buff has been increased to 20%, up from 10%. The ranged attack power bonus remains 10%.
    Runescroll of Might: The melee attack power bonus from this consumable has been increased to 16%, up from 8%. The ranged attack power bonus remains 8%.
    Trueshot Aura: The melee attack power bonus from this raid buff has been increased to 20%, up from 10%. The ranged attack power bonus remains 10%.
    Unleashed Rage: The melee attack power bonus from this raid buff has been increased to 10/20%, up from 5/10%. The ranged attack power bonus remains 5/10%.
    Say hello to increased melee damage and reduced healing power. Granted the teams would have to have a hunter / blood DK / pally / enhance shammy in them for the increased melee damage. Even though, I hardly think rogues need a buff to damage, much less a buff to their MS, with their current damage and the possibility of usage of legendaries next patch. Get ready for Rogue / DK / HPally teams =p insta gibs incoming!

Yeah... this is concerning me. Rogues with the Legendaries will pretty much instagib already with kidney, evis, evis, evis, evis....

the 20% increase of atp is from buffs, and its in general, at this rate i dont think melee needs a buff, the only problem is the buffs can be removed.. but still.

At least they buffed Improved Mind Blast. Maybe now Shadow Priests will be worth more then a shadow play comp!

oh wait...

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Anyone else concerned about the simultaneous 10% AP melee buffs AND ms buff?
    I left arena until next XP, will see how things turn out then.
    But atm, random battleground at best =) Tired of neverending world of meleecraft

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I left arena until next XP, will see how things turn out then.
    But atm, random battleground at best =) Tired of neverending world of meleecraft
    What are you talking about? Casters are dominating at the moment check the ladders

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

My DISC perspective

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sterker/simple

Not been active much lately however, here is my 2 cents....

I only pvp as Disc : And the MS buff will be a harsh blow for me. Atm I am blown up by any melee comp that times there switch corecttly - Rogues training me is a big problem !! Now the damn rogues will give me 25% debuff to boot Sad sad ....... I will still be able to keep my lock and mage/feral up if i play well but this change will make PS and other cd's much more important.....
    Last edited by Breekjou; 2011-10-24 at 12:25 PM. Reason: HJuh