Made my wow char into windows 7 bootscreen

I know have my lock as my animation when I boot up.

Was easy in the end but unless you know what your doing I wouldnt advise it, the program is temperamental with non english versions of Windows 7

---------- Post added 2011-10-23 at 08:08 PM ----------

It doesnt have the gray background when booting tho
    Yesterday is history, today is a gift, tomorrow is mystery.

Congratulations, I presume.

Deleted
    If you ever wanted to do something about the windows boot animation, wouldn't that be removing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Porkitozh View Post
    If you ever wanted to do something about the windows boot animation, wouldn't that be removing it?
    Why? I'm guessing you're annoyed by the time it takes.
    The bootscreen isn't what causes this. It's just to give you something to look like and know that it's progressing. :P

I barely have time to see my Windows 7-window even materialise before it's gone. I don't mind it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Why? I'm guessing you're annoyed by the time it takes.
    The bootscreen isn't what causes this. It's just to give you something to look like and know that it's progressing. :P

I barely have time to see my Windows 7-window even materialise before it's gone. I don't mind it.
    Oh, didn't know it wouldn't make a difference. I don't mind it as well, atleast not enough to change it to something else. It's quite beautiful and I usually always worry when I turn on my computer thinking that it won't work, it makes me happy to see that there's actually something happening. That and the "Welcome" after I login always makes me feel all fuzzy and warm inside, I don't really know why.

(also, shouldn't you people from Norway and Sweden be sleeping now?)
    Last edited by mmocf3e8550591; 2011-10-23 at 09:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkitozh View Post
    Oh, didn't know it wouldn't make a difference. I don't mind it as well, atleast not enough to change it to something else. It's quite beautiful and I usually always worry when I turn on my computer thinking that it won't work, it makes me happy to see that there's actually something happening. That and the "Welcome" after I login makes me happy, I don't really know why.

(also, shouldn't you people from Norway and Sweden be sleeping now?)
    Isn't it 23.51 there as well? Max 00.51?

Sleep? It's only 11:55 PM. Not to mention I've not got class tomorrow apparently. Or to be more precise I don't know what class I have tomorrow. Except that it's some time past noon.

So I'll have to wait and see what happens.~

Deleted
    You're saying "only" as if that's not late. I also live in Sweden and when it's around midnight that means it's usually way past bedtime. I guess if you don't have school or work tomorrow that my way of late doesn't apply.

Sorry for kind of derailing this thread!

On-topic,
    Is your character doing any animations or is it just a picture?

Edit: to avoid derailing the thread even more I'll stop posting and go to bed instead because it's actually getting pretty late.
    Last edited by mmocf3e8550591; 2011-10-23 at 10:11 PM.

Deleted
    And why was this thread necessary?

Porkitozh, why do you only have a Graphics Card!? umad?!

I agree on the notion that the thread derailed slightly. General off-topic or fun stuff could possibly house bedtime discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    And why was this thread necessary?
    Why isn't it? I think it was an interesting tidbit to share, and some people will certainly draw inspiration from it, as they had never even considered changing the screen.
    However, a better idea had been to also inform others of how to do it rather than label it as easy.