My SWTOR beta story

I have been signed up on SWTOR forums since 09. During that time they have spoon fed us small bits of information about the game, little by little. I watched as the weeks went by and I did not get a BETA invite. My heart sank in my chest about this situation. Then finally, Victory! one day I got a beta invite. I used to be on the "cricket broadband" which is an extremely slow internet. It took me 3 days over straight downloading the game I never downloaded it all.

All day and night, it would be downloading. I finally had my feel and vented my frustration about it and boom I was kicked off SWTOR site for telling about "confidenal Information" really, confidential information? It's not like the CIA is going to war. People take things too seriously. I never even got to play the game.

My experience:

Their is a TON of data to download. Make sure you have a fast internet(download speed went at 120kb for me, it took 3 days and I still haven't installed a lot.

Make sure you have a bigger hard drive. I thought my 150 GB would cut it, not so. It's so much data. They actually require you to have at least a 250 KB Good thing I will be updating mine next week to 500 KB.

Their is HYPE for the game. But based on everyone in the beta who was in the game "LOVED" the game. This will simply blow your mind away.

10+ Year Old Account
    This smells like flamebait, anyhow, who doesn't sit on atleast 500GB secondary these days?

And if your story is true, I feel sorry for you and the situation you ended up in, still you shouldn't have spread any information about the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    This smells like flamebait, anyhow, who doesn't sit on atleast 500GB secondary these days?

And if your story is true, I feel sorry for you and the situation you ended up in, still you shouldn't have spread any information about the game.
    It's someone that doesn't know the difference between KB and MB and GB ..

It's misinformation on the file size.

And the name Blizzcon .. yup someone out to attack BioWare.

"Make shure you have a biggeer hard drive...hic! I thought my 150 GB would cut it, not so...hic! It's sho much data. They actually require you to have at leasht a 250 KB Good thing I will be updating mine next week to 500 KB...hic!"
    (ie OP can't handle their liquor when then found out info from Blizzcon - they raged)
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-10-23 at 09:08 PM.

I'm very dubious about this story, it smells of troll and flamewar kindling. If it somehow is true, why in the world would you vent your frustration on their open community forums after you had to read and agree to the NDA? If it is true, I'm sorry that it happened to you, but you have no one to blame but yourself for not participating in the beta.

I'm afraid that some of this is just outright lying. They have stated before that the client is 38Gb I believe, or 27, I don't recall to be fair now.

On a possibly NDA breaking aside, my internet is a 20mb connection and the download stayed above 1mb/s, mostly being a fair bit higher than that still.

Finally also, since it appears this was a Weekend Beta invite, what with it only apparently being 3 days long, don't those invites go out a week or more before hand, giving you plenty of time before the weekend to download it? I remember them stating they would do this.
    Last edited by Raeli; 2011-10-23 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know what to say. =)

Closed.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net