Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Done with anything Blizzard

For some reason every Blizzard game I play I am surrounded by immature people who have an over active sense of electronic courage. They say anything they want to to whoever they want to with the thought it's without consequence. So, I'm not sure I will continue playing any Blizzard games because that seems to be the only place I come across this kind of community. Am I the only one who sees this? Other communities don't seem to have such a "bush-league" mentality.

Is this something you guys see as well?

Just Blizzard games? Try all games. Because of anonymity, kids think they can say wte they want and get away with it (and they do get away with it).

Just take comfort in the fact that these kids will amount to nothing in life and most likely end up bagging groceries and smoking pot in their moms basement until their 40s.

I mean seriously, think about it. Their life must suck so bad that they have to come online to talk shit. Just ignore them if you can, WoW has a mute option, use it. I play LoL which has the most annoying/e-thug/troll community anywhere. Muting people is the best advice I can give you.
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2011-10-23 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "over active sense of electronic courage." Interesting way of describing someone, and I admit there is something amiss with the WoW community
    Quote Originally Posted by sivenom View Post
    That's like saying I can put my graphics card in my dog's skull and she'll see everything in HD tri-color sparkles. Are you really saying we can upload Rebecca Black intot heir system and scramble their defense turrets? Maybe smack on a Java RNG program and cause their weapons to self destruct. Tell you what aliens, come at me! I know C++!! /endrant

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralidyn View Post
    Other communities don't seem to have such a "bush-league" mentality.

Is this something you guys see as well?
    Uhh, it's worse in any communities.

360 MW2?(Or CoD in general, it seems) HoN? LoL? DotA? WC3? BF3?

Every game out there has this problem.

Welcome to the internet. Blizzard didn't invent jerks on the internet, Blizzard isn't the only company whose games suffer from this occasional problem, and they wont be the last in either of those cases and protesting their games over this is just down right silly.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Yeah, that happens in pretty much any popular game on the internet. Only the smaller communities are *mostly* free of that. As a community grows, the number of jackwads increases exponentially.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think WoW's community is bad you've never played HoN. As a person who played Dota for like 4 years I was actually disgusted at just how bad it was. I mean, Dota's was kinda elitist but HoN just took it to another level

The community is awful in almost every multiplayer game. That's not why I dislike Blizzard as a company at all, but I can definitely see how it would ruin your experience playing a multiplayer game.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people were forced to use their REAL names online, then there'd be far less of that type of behaviour.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only online gaming community I have found to not be like this is LOTRO. although please do not go there, you'll ruin the experience.

All of Blizzards games have mostly kids playing, like with CoD. But sadly EVERY game is suffering with bad communities, I can't name a single game that had a great community. Maybe some facebook game

10+ Year Old Account
    lol

im not sure what didnt give you that impression from day 1, because I sure as hell got it.

But if you are angry about pvp on a pvp server even though you transferred to join a high-end dragonslaying guild, or something just as arbitrary... there are not a lot of people who are going to respect anything you have to say about the game.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Deal with it or live with the fact that a kid that looks like his body skipped puberty is making you quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    If people were forced to use their REAL names online, then there'd be far less of that type of behaviour.
    So how will the enforce you putting in your real name? And they can't do that with minors.

Play HoN and you'll lose all faith in anything that humanity has left to offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Ignore random jackasses. Problem solved.

(you can ignore me too if you feel the need)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    How naive do you have to be to think that would actually solve anything? There might be slightly less but really how is using my real name any different then a screen name in 90% of situations. Sure you can't sneak onto an alt to mock someone but really that doesn't stop most people if they really want to be a tool.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Tbh the SC2 and Diablo core community is actually some of best i've ever seen in the gaming industry...
    WoW has its ups and downs.

If you want to see a bad community... Go and play league of legends...

Yes, play League of Legends. You'll think WoW players are like Ned Flanders after experiencing that community.

10+ Year Old Account
    SC2 community I've found to be overall good. Although I have been pst'd after game twice where a guy started cursing off on me about how horrible I was playing. (Even though one of those times was a team game where he was playing just as bad...)

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone has never played CoD..

All multi-player communities have these people to some extent. your best bet is to make some good friends within the game and hang out with them.