Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There is a lot of potential in the things they went over imo. But what concerns me is how little time they spent talking about PVP in general, it tells me they are not very enthusiastic about whats coming for PVP in Mists, because when you pumped up about something you tend to want to talk about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    There is a lot of potential in the things they went over imo. But what concerns me is how little time they spent talking about PVP in general, it tells me they are not very enthusiastic about whats coming for PVP in Mists, because when you pumped up about something you tend to want to talk about it.
    Agreed.

And one more thing I have in mind is:
    No real issue related to PvP was addressed. People were asking for new BGs and arenas. It is ok, thanks Blizzard. But this is all only enviroment for actually doing PvP.

But when I join BG these days, what does come on my mind?

People getting more awarded from fighting in hopeless mid battle comparing to the people who guard flag/carry the flag or completing any other BG objective.

Number of bots is raising by big numbers from what i can see in last months/years.

Deserter debuff means nothing to people. Lvling is so quick and easy so ppl just leave BG without trying to turn battle and log their alts and do the same.

Having no time to be tied to WoW for 3 nights a week, I did left raiding and went for PvP so I can organise my playtime according to my IRL needs. And now Blizz focusing on 10v10 BGs which leads to even same time commintment as raiding.

After Blizz brought the state of PvP in this game to the sad lvl, most of my friends and most of the good PvPers just left the game. Now, I have to pay to Blizz for thier fail, and give them money for transfering my characters to the realms where PvP is not actually dead?

Thats just few things which bothers me when I do log on. And I believe everybody can put down many more of them. Why Blizz just dodge real problems and instead of solving them they just do hype about new pets and mounts...

Not that crazy about the Murderball BG, but everything else sounds amazing. The Dota BG in particular interests me the most, they just have to get it right is all. I've always missed the old AV guards that moved throughout the BG.

edit: On the topic of world pvp, I think they may have to make res timers a bit more lenient if they're going to try and focus on it a bit more. Right now they're completely ridiculous. If you die twice within a couple of minutes you might as well go afk.
    Last edited by Niyari; 2011-10-24 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Awesome summary.
    New arenas and BG's are always a good thing and can't see how anyone would think that it's bad.
    I hope that MoP is balanced PvP wise, might be great fun. ;3
    This is false. An unbalanced arena map can heavily favor a certain comp, or contain bugs that simply allow a team to win through glitches. This is not good for the game.

Deleted
    You guys seen this ? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post13845852

Tom Chilton talks about World PvP in MoP, Verrry promising..

Quote Originally Posted by Tremble View Post
    You guys seen this ? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post13845852

Tom Chilton talks about World PvP in MoP, Verrry promising..
    Rather than linking the video, you linked the thread in the same forum that you made? You don't deserve athene as your avatar.

But to respond to the video:

Basically what he's saying is that there will be more opportunities for world pvp as players will be in close proximity in the world more often what with all the daily quests everywhere etc. It goes with their idea of wanting to keep people outside SW in Org, and actually being active in the world. As such there will be more opportunities for spontaneous world pvp.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The murderball style BG catches my interest. When I played RIFT for a few months, that was the one BG I never got sick of. Hopefully they give the same effect here in WoW

Definately excited for the new BG's. The mine one looks interesting but confusing. It will be nice though having a BG that isn't as open as the others and is underground. I hope they plan on putting a journal tab in for BG's. It would help with some of the noobiness out there. I think if any of these dont make it to release, it would be a shame. Not really excited about the new arena because I was never too fond of the Nagrand version, but oh well.

As for world pvp, it will only happen if people want to. If Blizzard wants world pvp, they need to create more incentives for doing so. Otherwise it wont happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktz385 View Post
    Rather than linking the video, you linked the thread in the same forum that you made? You don't deserve athene as your avatar.

But to respond to the video:

Basically what he's saying is that there will be more opportunities for world pvp as players will be in close proximity in the world more often what with all the daily quests everywhere etc. It goes with their idea of wanting to keep people outside SW in Org, and actually being active in the world. As such there will be more opportunities for spontaneous world pvp.
    I was just trying to give people the option of chatting about it in detail in that thread.

Agreed with your response, all of this should lead to a better experience, instead of sitting in Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    If they want conflict visible in Mop then they need to emphasize world pvp more than just world bosses or dailies...
    I know removal of flying mounts or lfd tool is out of the question (2 things that destroyed most of world pvp along with 50k guards everywhere with 50 miles agro range) but what they should do is to firstl make weather effects appear more frequently and cover whole zone.
    However those weather effects should be altered so that for the duration of this weather effects you cannot fly in the zone at all. Have some msg that storm is comming or something and you have 1 minute to land with your mount or you will be thrown off of it.
    It would also make zones more dynamic and give feeling of world around you being abit more alive and ever changing while giving world pvpers area to bring war feeling to the game.
    This sounds like an excellent start.

To hell with LFD, and flying mounts. Rise of the storm!
    || Ducivo ||

10+ Year Old Account
    The Mine BG won't work

EotS has been out for four years and people can't grasp the strat to win EotS. I mean, I've been on teams that are losing, the Alliance has four towers and the assholes still go for the flag.

To be blunt, there are too many players who don't focus on objectives and fight in roads like idiots for Mines to be viable as a random BG. It would work as an RBG, but thats because RBGs have coordination, focused players and vent.

---------- Post added 2011-10-24 at 02:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    If they want conflict visible in Mop then they need to emphasize world pvp more than just world bosses or dailies...
    I know removal of flying mounts or lfd tool is out of the question (2 things that destroyed most of world pvp along with 50k guards everywhere with 50 miles agro range) but what they should do is to firstl make weather effects appear more frequently and cover whole zone.
    However those weather effects should be altered so that for the duration of this weather effects you cannot fly in the zone at all. Have some msg that storm is comming or something and you have 1 minute to land with your mount or you will be thrown off of it.
    It would also make zones more dynamic and give feeling of world around you being abit more alive and ever changing while giving world pvpers area to bring war feeling to the game.
    What? You're saying I can't fly IFR? Perhaps Orgrimmar needs to install an Air Traffic Control Tower along with an ILS at the edge of a landing strip so we can guide flyers in and out of the city without crashing.

But in all seriousness, that's a cool idea.
    Putin khuliyo

What? You're saying I can't fly IFR? Perhaps Orgrimmar needs to install an Air Traffic Control Tower along with an ILS at the edge of a landing strip so we can guide flyers in and out of the city without crashing.

But in all seriousness, that's a cool idea.
    Your flying mount has instrumentation?? I knew those engineering mounts were fancy but I didnt realize they had HSI's VDI's and Glideslope antennas!!! Next thing I know you are gona be telling me the gnomes shot artificial satellites into orbit around Azeroth to provide GPS service!!! =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    I am perfectly okay with this.
    Same, new content is new content. Much better to have such interactive bgs rather than just nonsense cap cap zerg. Also it's really interesting but the orb of power map reminds me of Warhammer Online. ... Hmmm... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    Not that crazy about the Murderball BG, but everything else sounds amazing. The Dota BG in particular interests me the most, they just have to get it right is all. I've always missed the old AV guards that moved throughout the BG.
    Murderball is my favourite! A BG where you defend a single spot and kill every opposite faction member near it? As in actually battleground where is it a good idea to stand at a spot and kill any alliance you see? Sounds fantastic to me...

It was also a blast back in UT2K4 =)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    Your flying mount has instrumentation?? I knew those engineering mounts were fancy but I didnt realize they had HSI's VDI's and Glideslope antennas!!! Next thing I know you are gona be telling me the gnomes shot artificial satellites into orbit around Azeroth to provide GPS service!!! =)
    That happened last year, Cmon man, follow the trend ;p..

Deleted
    They just need to remove Random bg bonuses so people who cba with objectives can spam murderball all day

I'd still like a team deathmatch Battlegroud, 10v10, a big arena/small battleground and first to say, 200 kills wins
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    I am perfectly okay with this.
    Me too. Nagrand is a good arena, if it's the exact same it increases the chances of getting a good arena and decreases the chance of getting one of the horrible WOTLK arenas.

Personally I like the resilience change to a base stat. It would definitely be easier getting new players and alts into PVPing.

The three new BGs look great. I just hope they all actually get implemented. I would still like to see a straight up death match BG created with no objective except to get the most kills. Anyone who has ever entered a BG knows that half the players ignore the objectives anyway and just fight in the middle. Death match would give those players what they want and leave the objective BGs to those who actually want to do them properly.

In terms of world PVP I'm not a fan of the direction they are taking. Setting up leveling quests and daily quests from opposite factions near each other does not create world PVP, it creates ganking. When I think of world PVP I think of the old Tarren Mill vs South Shore battles. Those skirmishes practically disappeared with the advent of BGs and are not coming back. You can't stop progress.

I would like to see more RTS elements brought into the game. I was hoping for a variation on the Wintergrasp and Isle of Conquest models used in WotLK, but instead of dedicating one zone to PVP I think they should create similar battles across several zones. Blizzard has created this massive world that doesn't see much use after you level up through it. Rather than go to the same zone every two hours and fight the same fight over and over game we would be fighting across the planet.