Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QwertySham View Post
    Not too stoked about the mine battleground.
    Go play tf2 - payload race then imagine it in a bg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xema-Do View Post
    Liking kill lv 20 when 85. See no PVP then can going do what PVP making. No 40, No 60, can not finding, but 20 all here and there, so sigh, then 20 die

FINALLY an update for pvp. This is probably the thing im looking forward to most from MoP, how can you not like pvp updates like this??
    people have to stop QQing..
    'derp derp we want new content blizz omgffs'
    New content released: 'omg this is shit remember vanilla oh that was so cool why did they screw it over'

Quote Originally Posted by Roflstompz View Post
    FINALLY an update for pvp. This is probably the thing im looking forward to most from MoP, how can you not like pvp updates like this??
    people have to stop QQing..
    'derp derp we want new content blizz omgffs'
    New content released: 'omg this is shit remember vanilla oh that was so cool why did they screw it over'
    Vanilla was the worst period for PvP ever, there is not a single expansion released or announced that will even get close to the failure and hellhole that was pvp in Vanilla. (IMO, etc. ofc.) - There are things that one does miss because it was back then, but i rather have cata pvp for a lifetime then vanilla pvp for a week.

I think this thread deserves to be a sticky as long as it gets updated with the release of every new piece of information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bllets View Post
    Vanilla was the worst period for PvP ever, there is not a single expansion released or announced that will even get close to the failure and hellhole that was pvp in Vanilla. (IMO, etc. ofc.) - There are things that one does miss because it was back then, but i rather have cata pvp for a lifetime then vanilla pvp for a week.
    Pre-honor system TM/SS is probably the most fun in PvP I've ever had in this game.

And this is coming from doing Prot Warrior/Rogue back in WotLK when Prot was overpowered as hell (100-0 people inside a stun trololol), and from doing insane comps like Prot Warrior/Blood DK in Cata and succeeding.

Deleted
    Been playing WOW since US beta, and game has changed a lot.Why do people only talk about PVP in BG. WOW misses the outdoor PVP, I do not mean the outdoor PVP zones. Entering the instance from the cities or from anywhere in the world killed the PVP. No more gankfests or similar situations, no more drama, just fast & easy epic free game. What is killing the game??? The answer is simple: $$$$$ or epic free game = Activision Blizzard, Inc. Profit Margin 13.76%. Game lost the EDGE it used to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostress View Post
    Been playing WOW since US beta, and game has changed a lot.Why do people only talk about PVP in BG. WOW misses the outdoor PVP, I do not mean the outdoor PVP zones. Entering the instance from the cities or from anywhere in the world killed the PVP. No more gankfests or similar situations, no more drama, just fast & easy epic free game. What is killing the game??? The answer is simple: $$$$$ or epic free game = Activision Blizzard, Inc. Profit Margin 13.76%. Game lost the EDGE it used to have.
    Gankfest was never a fun idea and ruined it more then it did anything.

Or are you thinking on the hammerfall battles? Because i wouldn't call that ganking..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bllets View Post
    Gankfest was never a fun idea and ruined it more then it did anything.

Or are you thinking on the hammerfall battles? Because i wouldn't call that ganking..
    What i wanted to say is, lvl85 people dont leave capital any more. And what i wanted to add, neverending Altarec was so pro, rushfests as we have it today make no point. Game developers can instead make your honor tick while you are online, same affect, no fun. Dont know if you can understand my point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostress View Post
    What i wanted to say is, lvl85 people dont leave capital any more. And what i wanted to add, neverending Altarec was so pro, rushfests as we have it today make no point. Game developers can instead make your honor tick while you are online, same affect, no fun. Dont know if you can understand my point of view.
    I think i understand were you are going. You want more real world pvp (Ganking is a fight were one side has 0% chance to win).

AV in the old days were.. interesting to say the least. While they provided fun battles they pretty much never ended and that resultet ind that you either had to invest 6+ hours to see it through or log out and get "nothing" for your troubles. With the current attitude in the community, which to me seems to be: "Hurry up! WTF noob!?". Ever done BRD these days? Most just want to kill the first boss that gives the reward and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they had to duplicate ANY arena, I'm so so so so SO glad it was Nagrand Arena. Not even disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    If they had to duplicate ANY arena, I'm so so so so SO glad it was Nagrand Arena. Not even disappointed.
    No kidding. I wouldn't mind a Blade's Edge clone or Lordaeron clone, but Nagrand is definitely the best.

I added the PVP info from tonight's live developer Q&A to the bottom of the original post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    I added the PVP info from tonight's live developer Q&A to the bottom of the original post.
    That's some good stuff. Certainly the idea of World Raid Bosses that have a loot table like the BH bosses is worth thinking about.

As is the other stuff mentioned. This definitely looks to be the 'PvP' expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Its about time blizzard actually touched pvp... its been like forever ever sense they touched bgs.

That's some good stuff. Certainly the idea of World Raid Bosses that have a loot table like the BH bosses is worth thinking about.

As is the other stuff mentioned. This definitely looks to be the 'PvP' expansion.
    The amount of focus they are putting on encouraging world PVP looks EXTREMELY promising, I for one cant wait for Mists.

Azshara crater has actually been worked on to some extent about 5/6 years ago, except it never made it into live. Several vids on youtube show what it looks like and my guess is that that map will be a prototype of the new crater to some extent. Might be interesting to check out and see how the new one will be different ))
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Cause here on the forums If a troll trolls a troll the troll trolling the troll still gets banned for trolling.

I'm glad we're finally getting a new, normal arena map - but why Tol Vir? Why not something more in line with Pandaria, and not something already an expansion old?

Just seems odd.

I'm glad we're finally getting a new, normal arena map - but why Tol Vir? Why not something more in line with Pandaria, and not something already an expansion old?

Just seems odd.
    TBH I think the arena map was developed for Cataclysm and just got pushed back so many times that they decided to put it in mists instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    TBH I think the arena map was developed for Cataclysm and just got pushed back so many times that they decided to put it in mists instead.
    I feel that way about alot of the cata/mop content.

The new BG's have me PUMPED. REALLY looking forward to them. I think one thing they could do to improve the level of play in random bg's is make the consequences more dire. For example, make a win yield a ton more reward than losing. Make doing objectives give a ton of xp as well.

On the world PvP side of things they need objectives that would yield honor or conquest equal to or greater than that from instanced PvP.

I don't really understand the "resilience is baseline" thing. The health pool increase definitely did not help in terms of burst but instead only exacerbated the survivability problem with how you had to find a single small open window in which to burn a target while spamming cc everywhere. They need to make sustained damage dangerous while reducing the reliance on CC (and removing a lot of crowd control too). I hope that outside of the features they'll focus a lot more on making PvP battles feel less frustrating.

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 02:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kharyll View Post
    I think this thread deserves to be a sticky as long as it gets updated with the release of every new piece of information.
    Also thumbs up to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15