Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Honestly new battlegrounds are way better than getting yet another wsg/ab look-alike. I'm just wondering if any of these new bg's will be available as rated bgs aswell. Could be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we had one for Cata, might as well have one for pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Q: With the new talent system, will you start to follow the model in place with Collosus Smash, where a move functions completely differently in PVE and PVP?
    A: We don't have a problem with specific mechanics working differently in PvP and PvE. Curse of Doom worked that way for years. Same with PvP durations on debuffs. What we don't want to do is just launch into having different coefficients and talents and everything for PvP and PvE. That just doubles the size of the game which makes it more complex to balance and harder for players to understand.
    Reeks of bullshit.

I absolutely agree with them, that it'd be a Herculean effort to split things down the middle, especially with WoW the size it is now. But I also think MoP is the ideal time for this to happen.

We're seeing the introduction of a completely new class, which means entirely new skills and talents. Existing skills and talents are seeing dramatic changes (even moreso than WotLK -> Cataclysm.) This is the perfect time to do something of this magnitude.

As for it taking more effort to balance things once things are split? That's pure, unadulterated bullshit. An enormous amount of time and energy would be saved by not having to change something for PvE and monitor its effects in PvP, and vice-versa. Heroic Strike accounting for too much burst in PvP, but Warriors are in a good place in PvE? Hey, no problem - just cut the PvP version off at the knees while the PvE version is completely untouched. This as opposed to "okay we need to reduce burst, but at the same time ANY reduction of damage output is going to cause issues in PvE..."

I dunno. I'll accept what they decide to do, but I really thinking that - once again - they're gonna paint themselves into a corner by not taking the opportunity when it's present. And too complicated? Rubbish. Players understand and utilize diminishing returns timers on all forms of CC without there being ANY statement of such things ANYWHERE in-game - I highly doubt "this ability causes/heals 20% less damage to players" would be more complex than that.

Honestly new battlegrounds are way better than getting yet another wsg/ab look-alike. I'm just wondering if any of these new bg's will be available as rated bgs aswell. Could be interesting.
    I asked this question during the dev Q&A tonight but it didn't get answered, which isn't that surprising considering they got over 10,000 questions and only answered like 40 lol, im extremely lucky they answered 2 of my questions, 3 would have been insane.

Quote Originally Posted by QwertySham View Post
    Not too stoked about the mine battleground. But I Really like what they are doing with the orb of power, very good concept.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how the mine one plays out.

btw- Good post :P
    RIFT has a battleground which is EXACTLY the same. You hold an object that does damage to you, the closer you are to the center the more points you get per tick. It's VERY fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    RIFT has a battleground which is EXACTLY the same. You hold an object that does damage to you, the closer you are to the center the more points you get per tick. It's VERY fun.
    It's Deathmatch with pretenses towards strategy and tactics.

I'm excited, but leave it to blizz to fuck up a payload map. I'm not sure how it is w/other FPS's, but in TF2 it's just single track, alternating teams of offense/defense, and it's one of the most popular game types.

If they were trying to avoid alternating offense/defense then they could have done a payload race instead. What I'm seeing here just looks like some convoluted payload race.

Deleted
    I might resub just to try the Dota thing..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goof pzarr View Post
    I'm excited, but leave it to blizz to fuck up a payload map. I'm not sure how it is w/other FPS's, but in TF2 it's just single track, alternating teams of offense/defense, and it's one of the most popular game types.

If they were trying to avoid alternating offense/defense then they could have done a payload race instead. What I'm seeing here just looks like some convoluted payload race.
    Looks like Payload Race with a single round, instead of multiple rounds. So when you score a point, you just run back and try to score another, rather than the game moving on to the next map in the series with the winning team being given a small head start.

Deleted
    From French official forums :
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/forum/to...2058?page=2#23

Les développeurs n'ont en effet pas prévu de zones JcJ comme Tol Barad ou Joug-d'hiver pour l'extension. Néanmoins, ils prévoient un système qui permettra d'augmenter la limite de points de Conquête pour la semaine par exemple en occupant une zone ennemie sur une certaine période de temps, etc. Le système est encore en cours d'élaboration, et plus de détails devraient vous être fournis ultérieurement.
    ~
    The Devs haven't planned PvP zones like Tol'Barad or Winter's Grasp for the expansion. But they are thinking about a system that will allow to increase the weekly limit on Conquest points, for exemple by occupying an enemy zone for a certain amount of time, etc. The system is still being engineered, and more details should be given in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Sounds good to me. I'd love it if they attached this thing to, say, killing faction leaders and made it buff your server's entire faction. Additionally, have the loss of a given faction leader reduce the maximum Conquest points for the week (past the base minium - so even if you lose all 5 of your leaders, you still haven't lost anything other than POTENTIAL Conquest points) by the same amount.

Both factions now have good reason to want to both defend and attack faction leaders. Have the faction leaders stay dead for a full week, replaced by a herald or whatever until the time to respawn happens.

Diamond mine early concept (ingame)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAEy2hpscd8

It's been in the game files since Cataclysm I think so it might have changed much by now.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Sounds good to me. I'd love it if they attached this thing to, say, killing faction leaders and made it buff your server's entire faction. Additionally, have the loss of a given faction leader reduce the maximum Conquest points for the week (past the base minium - so even if you lose all 5 of your leaders, you still haven't lost anything other than POTENTIAL Conquest points) by the same amount.

Both factions now have good reason to want to both defend and attack faction leaders. Have the faction leaders stay dead for a full week, replaced by a herald or whatever until the time to respawn happens.
    Except on servers with hugh differences between factions. On my server that would mean a constant buff for the horde side and a constant minus for alliance. I have a 85 character on the same realm and at a lot of times there is a maximum of 20 characters in SW. Compared to like hundreds in Org.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bllets View Post
    Except on servers with hugh differences between factions. On my server that would mean a constant buff for the horde side and a constant minus for alliance. I have a 85 character on the same realm and at a lot of times there is a maximum of 20 characters in SW. Compared to like hundreds in Org.
    Alliance would just not be able to get that Conquest bonus, it wouldn't reduce their Conquest cap by any amount. Killing faction leaders grants your faction a small increase to everyone's weekly CP limit. If the opposing faction kills one of your leaders, that bonus is removed.

Even if they kill all of yours, and you kill none of theirs, your weekly Conquest cap is completely unaffected. The only thing faction leaders would do is grant/prevent bonuses, nothing more or less.

Server population imbalances are a problem, but there's no justifiable reason for holding back the rest of the well-balanced servers because five or six of the most popular ones are brokenly favoring one faction over the other.

Alliance would just not be able to get that Conquest bonus, it wouldn't reduce their Conquest cap by any amount. Killing faction leaders grants your faction a small increase to everyone's weekly CP limit. If the opposing faction kills one of your leaders, that bonus is removed.

Even if they kill all of yours, and you kill none of theirs, your weekly Conquest cap is completely unaffected. The only thing faction leaders would do is grant/prevent bonuses, nothing more or less.

Server population imbalances are a problem, but there's no justifiable reason for holding back the rest of the well-balanced servers because five or six of the most popular ones are brokenly favoring one faction over the other.
    Well then, the effects might eventually lead to a server where there is no alliance or horde if their city is often attacked and that they can't get the same amount of conquest because of their server and side.

Therefor it would only lead to favoritism towards the heavy sides, which in it current state is even worse.

Would you rather have "objectives" to kill faction leaders and no world pvp OR at least some world pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bllets View Post
    Well then, the effects might eventually lead to a server where there is no alliance or horde if their city is often attacked and that they can't get the same amount of conquest because of their server and side.

Therefor it would only lead to favoritism towards the heavy sides, which in it current state is even worse.

Would you rather have "objectives" to kill faction leaders and no world pvp OR at least some world pvp?
    There's nothing forcing you to attack or defend faction leaders if you don't want to. Again, you aren't out ANYTHING by not doing it - you're just missing some potential bonuses.

Another option would be to simply provide once-weekly raid quests to go kill an opposing faction leader to gain CP (which don't count towards your weekly cap), but that doesn't do anything to encourage players to defend faction leaders.

I want a WoW where people actually use WorldDefense (remember back in the day when Generals could use it to chat?), and then they see that, I dunno, Sylvanas (people seem to like her) is getting attacked and they're like OH FUCK NO BITCHES and they rally a bunch of people to kick the Alliance out of Undercity.

There's nothing forcing you to attack or defend faction leaders if you don't want to. Again, you aren't out ANYTHING by not doing it - you're just missing some potential bonuses.

Another option would be to simply provide once-weekly raid quests to go kill an opposing faction leader to gain CP (which don't count towards your weekly cap), but that doesn't do anything to encourage players to defend faction leaders.

I want a WoW where people actually use WorldDefense (remember back in the day when Generals could use it to chat?), and then they see that, I dunno, Sylvanas (people seem to like her) is getting attacked and they're like OH FUCK NO BITCHES and they rally a bunch of people to kick the Alliance out of Undercity.
    Bolded the problematic part, if you like pvp and you currently are on a server were there is 90% horde, why would you want to stay there and only get X amount of honor, if you could transfer server og faction change and get Y amount (Which is more then X)?

I honestly would love a lot more raids on the different cities, and your suggestion is the best I've heard so far, but it does encourage transfering AWAY from the uneven faction to the more favourable faction, and currently i believe we can agree on that the opposite is more needed, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree, but I also feel that Blizzard shouldn't screw over everyone else because there are a few servers that are fucked up. Most servers don't have a severe population mismatch.

The best suggestion I have for Blizzard is to simply give players and guilds in the overpopulated faction the option to faction swap for free. Don't give them free server transfers, because then they'll just transfer off - simply give them a free one-way faction swap option, applied to both individuals and guilds. I'd expand it to the account level as well - give them the option to swap over ALL of their characters to the underpopulated faction.

I was just trying to give people the option of chatting about it in detail in that thread.

Deleted
    i still would like blizzard to just remove Resilience, especialy with dumbing down numbers again.