Poll: Do you agree

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bethesda will crush ActivisionBlizzard's dreams...
    They already have the project going....that's all I will say

i wouldnt count out SWTOR, im guessing OP you didnt beta WoW? in comparison to top tier raiding in EQ and WoW beta, this game looked like absolute shit, but thats because its a BETA test, and it took quite some time for WoW to become an awesome game.

fast forward to present day, now we've got EA getting their hands in the ring.....do you really think the company that bought out the NFL for damn near 10 years is just gonna make an mmo all whilly nilly? lol, give me a break, these guys have a fortune that dwarfs blizzard/activision, they know what they're up against, and i wouldnt count them out that quickly.

i too heard Titan will dominate.......that niche market of unheard of and unknown mmo's, rofl

OP: One thing that will hold true, is that just because a company has a high selling game, that does not automatically mean every game will also be high selling. This goes for any company.

Only time will tell, but a FPS with MMO elements will not suit everybody's fancy. Especially seeing as how Blizzard insists on going the cash shop + premium features + P2P route.

Oh and nice biased reviews you gave of all the competition. I think your insight is a bit skewed, even though you claim not to be a Blizzard fan.

The best future is going to be a huge mix of genre's across MMO's .. fantasy is only one, as is FPS/futuristic.

I love these useless threads. Some people just have the tendency to convince themselves of pretty much anything.

Pro tip to original poster: You don't know anything until it happens, but keep convincing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Its a a blizzard game so by definition it cant be bad.
    Well actually it could...

OT: We do not have enough information about Titan available to formulate a sound opinion.

I think you're underestimating SWTOR, I personally don't like the look of it but just the name will attract a lot of people to the game. I do share concerns about the sustainability of its players, I do think it will be a question of how long the game will last with the brand arguably weakening before fading out of mainstream. #

As for GW 2, it doesn't somewhat pose a direct financial threat to other MMO's due to it's finance model so it can work in conjunction with them, I do think this game will also be popular for a while. For me, this game seems to be at the peak of innovation in terms of the desires of gamers however as much as like the look of the game, I do have a growing skepticism of the game entirely, hopefully my concerns will dissipate as we draw closer to the release of the game.

Wait..SWTOR is by EA???

And people think it'll KILL WoW??

I've had long experience from EA, and they kinda stink in terms of quality and customer support, whereas Blizzard do everything in their power to help players where and when they can, and will ALWAYS very soon fix gamebreaking issues..not that there's a lot of them, I've never seen Kalimdor being blank, I've never seen characters getting stuck upside down and then lost forever when restarting the game and so on....No..I stay away from anything made by EA that's for PC..and Console really.

About Titan, we know NOTHING...we won't know if it'll dominate the market until it's been out for a couple of months at least.

If it turns out to be an MMOFPS, it wont hit near the numbers of WoW. WoW's massive playerbase is due to it's appeal to massive age groups. An FPS would not appeal to this same bracket.

I would just like to clarify that Blizzard and Activision are separate entities, though owned by the same company. The company that owns both of them is called Vivendi. So to say Activision would rule the market is already a fallacy since Blizzard still has completely control and credit over their games and the same for Activison. So essentially if you are saying that Activision would rule the market in this case you would either say Blizzard would continue to rule the market or Vivendi would.

Every game Blizzard has ever made has dominated and generally redefined its segment, so it wouldn't really surprise me. WoW clearly out-classed all of its competitors when it was released, but MMOs have come a long way, so I'm not sure Blizz will be able to produce a game so clearly superior at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    We know nothing about it. You cannot say for sure, you can only presume it will be good as Blizzard spend a lot of time working on their games.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    i wouldnt count out SWTOR, im guessing OP you didnt beta WoW? in comparison to top tier raiding in EQ and WoW beta, this game looked like absolute shit, but thats because its a BETA test, and it took quite some time for WoW to become an awesome game.

fast forward to present day, now we've got EA getting their hands in the ring.....do you really think the company that bought out the NFL for damn near 10 years is just gonna make an mmo all whilly nilly? lol, give me a break, these guys have a fortune that dwarfs blizzard/activision, they know what they're up against, and i wouldnt count them out that quickly.

i too heard Titan will dominate.......that niche market of unheard of and unknown mmo's, rofl
    And yet they sabotage a huge game genre like The Sims 3. It doesn't tell me that EA knows nor CARE what they're doing, as long as people buy the game. Loads of people bought TS3 and couldn't play it properly at all, and then had to shelf it...those that COULD play it properly (it's not the computers, it's the game and patches that are broken and it breaks with every new patch) now had their saved files and entire game murdered by the EA released demo for their newest EP....

EA might have a lot more cash than Blizzard, but their concern about their playerbase is so poor it's not even funny.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    This is so far off base it's hilarious. Hard-copy, US pre-orders alone account for more than that. If you reach this conclusion from beta reviews you've seen, you're not reading the right reviews and clearly haven't participated yourself.
    Whilst I think he's wrong, it worth remembering that Warhammer Online sold 1.2m copies at release, and had 200-and-something thousand players at the end of year one, and much lower now, and even Dungeons and Dragons Online sold around a million copies in the first month, and was down to a sad 50k by the end of the year! So I think it's possible.

I don't think it'll happen, though, because BioWare aren't going to want to let it, and aren't going to see SWTOR get pushed out the door.

As GW2 not becoming a super-MMO like WoW, well, he's half-right, as it's not sub-based, they'll never be making sub-claims like WoW, but if it doesn't sell 2x as many copies as Diablo 3 at the very least, I'll be surprised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    too early to say, we know nothing at all about it.
    THis, we could atleast have a lil info that's the big deal

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    But what exactly is Titan? Are there any screen shots? Marketing teasers? Gameplay video?
    Does it have a theme? Where can I read about it?
    Operation Red Wing

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zixi View Post
    Bethesda will crush ActivisionBlizzard's dreams...
    They already have the project going....that's all I will say
    Dude, they've had that project going since 2005. Wake me up when they're nearer to finishing it. Six years and still nothing to say? That's quite a thing. It's possibly it'll never come out, because they seem to be playing catch-up technologically.

---------- Post added 2011-10-24 at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    But what exactly is Titan? Are there any screen shots? Marketing teasers? Gameplay video?
    Does it have a theme? Where can I read about it?
    No-one knows. The ONLY 100% official information is that it is a "new IP" and specifically not a reboot or spin-off. No media have ever been release. Theme is only rumour - specifically Sci-Fi MMOFPS.

ow what do we have :
    - SWTOR : Star Wars universe + MMO, some people mike like it. From what I've seen from the beta and beta reviews, this game will be like LOTRO or maybe Aion, unless they improve it a lot. Even if they do that, it just can't be a big blockbuster. Just gonna be another poor / average / good MMO played by 50.000 to 500.000 players maximum.

That's what the OP wrote. Really, some people will like it? comparing it to the asian Aion or Lord of the rings. Okay, Star Wars has a massive fan base since the 1980's when the first movie came out. It has six movies combined, dozens of novels. The company that is "story writing it, Is Bioware. Who won awards for Dragon Age1-2, Mass Effect-1-2-3. They are famous for their in depth, interactive moral choice storyline. They have been writing just the story telling on the game for 10 years alone with several writers. That's just on "story line" It has a massive fan base. As much as I like warcraft, it's fan base reaches far past 10 million.

Star Wars, you will get

1. Moral Choices(From what I understand you will be placed in situations where you must pick a side. Maybe someone will tempt you with an offer to kill a person that sent you on mission in exchange for a reward. Their will be constant moral choices. Therefore not every story line will lead to the same place. In Warcraft, pretty much every mission sends you to same place, and what you do has virtually no impact on the end result of your story line. Many people do not even read the quests, they just accept it and do the mission for max level.

2. NPC Voice overs. (Every NPC will have a voice. You will be hearing it as they say it. Something Warcraft did not have

3. Companions, now as you travel through the galxey you will have male/female/driods/aliens companions that have their "in depth personal storyline" and they will interact with you throughout your whole time. No matter which planet you go to, they will be in a ship with you. It adds weight because of the emotional connection you will have to the people in the story. (One companion, may be a female alien. Other may be a robot. But they will all have a storyline and able to interact)

4. Crafting/Now you won't have to craft on your own. Your companions will do it for you.

I am simply in shock how quick you are to dismiss SWTOR. You do know that combined with the Bioware name, known for making great games adding on Star Wars tag. They already have 600k pre orders. I like warcraft, do not get me wrong. But how can you dismiss this game so quickly, "some people like it?" some people have been waiting "years" to get into the beta, and years for the game to come out. It's a massive under statment how much you are downplaying the game. In my eyes, SWTOR will become the next big MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    We have no idea what Titan is besides an MMO catered towards casual players. Being of the same Pedigree as WoW it's safe to assume it'll be amazing though.

I predict that Guild Wars 2 will do very well so long as the interface isn't terrible. Part of what makes WoW so popular is that its interface is extremely user-friendly. So long as Guild Wars remains F2P and avoids any serious missteps in gameplay I think it'll do respectably well just like Rift, and maybe even WoW back in Vanilla's era.

SW:TOR is a completely different story. It's one we've heard a lot though. The fabled WoW killer that's mere mention drives Blizzard into cold shuddering fear. It's not even out yet and its pre-order subscriptions number in the hundreds of thousands. It has so many new grandiose features and it's from possibly the most successful franchise in history. But in reality it's a steaming gold plated turd. The voice acting that they heralded as a shining achievement has, according to multiple credited reports, sucked up so much of the development time that the rest of the game is clearly lacking with much of the gameplay feeling hollow. It's also being published by EA and Lucasarts, both of whom have miserably failed at entering the MMO market in their previous attempts. Not to mention that the outlook for the game is so depressingly bad from the point of view of internal analysts that many employees working on the game have quit in frustration, not wanting to be associated with it in any way. It's destined to be another Conan the Barbarian MMO.
    If you're going to state that SW:TOR is going to fail, then provide this "evidence".

So far, all you've done is make yourself look rather silly.

Warhammer® 40000®: Dark Millennium Online™

WOW Killer!

Deleted
    I've moved this to Video Games Discussion.

How can you even start guessing about something that we know literally NOTHING about officially? I don't think anyone will say that it will flop as it's highly unlikely with the amount of money behind it and the Blizzard name, but claiming that it will be the new be-all-end-all is silly at this point.

That's like claiming that the Warhammer 40k MMO will dominate. We know NOTHING about the game, so we can't make any assertions about it with any level of certainty or honesty.