Thread: Really?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Really?

So I was doing LFR and at the end, 3 Gurthalak's drop and two guys win them (The other went to someone who actually would use it) I inspect those two guys and they had the 403 version, I ask them why they both needed when they already have a 403 version, one replies "Rolling for a friend" and the other just needed it to be a complete ass, he lol's and then leaves.

My question is, why the fuck do people feel the need to be complete jackasses like that? I never imagined the community could get this bad. (Because this is the first time in 6 years that I've seen such asshattery)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rational person + Anonymity + internets = complete total dickweed

Deleted
    report him to a GM.. well, i wuld have done that

Because they're anonymous nobodies who know they'll never see you again and let their true human nature shine. It's pathetic really.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonnaderpya View Post
    I hope sometime in the future, the internet becomes dangerous and the possibility of punching someone in the face through a screen, think of it this way it would totally make someone think twice about being a dickwad.

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    Don't bother with this - GM's won't do anything. If someone can roll on need, they can roll on need for any reason. Doesn't matter why, they won't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

15+ Year Old Account
    People have been asshats forever. Do I need to link the Molten Core ninja looting video?

Warning: Some strong language.

This certainly isn't new. It's just a lot more widespread now because we're seeing people beyond our own communities.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    Wouldn't have mattered, They aren't breaking any in-game rules for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst type of person is the one that Needs the items, wins them, Disenchants the items in the entire raid's face, and flaunts the Crystal in a Trade window.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn man that sucks, but that happened to me today with a helm. Dude had a 397 one lol

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    My question is, why the fuck do people feel the need to be complete jackasses like that? I never imagined the community could get this bad. (Because this is the first time in 6 years that I've seen such asshattery)
    I'm guessing you missed the other thread where people insist they aren't assholes, but they roll need on stuff they don't actually need because they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Wouldn't have mattered, They aren't breaking any in-game rules for that matter.
    And that's the thing, Blizzard claim all this "Spirit of the game" bullshit with bots and what not, yet when it comes to this it's fair. And they couldn't of used it for offspec, because the one guy that did need it, was a ret pally with a 403 already.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope sometime in the future, the internet becomes dangerous and the possibility of punching someone in the face through a screen, think of it this way it would totally make someone think twice about being a dickwad.
    Get em in vent and get your sister and/or wife/gf to scream in the most high pitched deafening scream they have the ability to accomplish.

Closest thing you can get, and you might've deafened em too.

So I was doing LFR and at the end, 3 Gurthalak's drop and two guys win them (The other went to someone who actually would use it) I inspect those two guys and they had the 403 version, I ask them why they both needed when they already have a 403 version, one replies "Rolling for a friend" and the other just needed it to be a complete ass, he lol's and then leaves.

If you just accepted the loss and left the group without inspecting anyone, you'd be so much happier person. Whining gets you nothing but pissed off.

If someone explicitly rolled need just out of spite (and not for friends, etc), it could be breaking a rule. I've reported one such incident and the response was "we'll investigate."

So you're saying violence is OK if someone needs on purple pixels on a computer game? At least the second part of your nickname suits you.

---------- Post added 2012-01-11 at 10:33 AM ----------

And that's the thing, Blizzard claim all this "Spirit of the game" bullshit with bots and what not, yet when it comes to this it's fair. And they couldn't of used it for offspec, because the one guy that did need it, was a ret pally with a 403 already.
    Technically it is fair because those people contributed to the kill just the same as you, so they have just the same right to roll for the items, no matter if they have already better or not. You're not entitled to be the only one who can Need just because you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonnaderpya View Post
    I mean, basically this.
    but hey! you can always put your faith in karma, right? (;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    Technically it is fair because those people contributed to the kill just the same as you, so they have just the same right to roll for the items, no matter if they have already better or not. You're not entitled to be the only one who can Need just because you say so.
    I wouldn't be so pissed off if it actually went to someone that could actually use it, I'm not saying I'm the only one that can need. I'm saying that people who can actually use the damn thing should only be rolling, not some asshat that already has the 403 version.

Deleted
    Rolling for a friend :-
    if you knew for a fact that there would be absolutely no repercussions, you would feel no remorse or guilt, would you steal to further your own agenda or simply because you could. (now be honest, I know I would.)

Needing to be a complete ass :-

However what you need to understand is that if the button is lit up, then everyone regardless of what gear they have, is entitled to press need. They all put the effort in so they all deserve a chance on loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    So you're saying violence is OK if someone needs on purple pixels on a computer game? At least the second part of your nickname suits you.
    There wouldn't be a need for violence if people knew it became possible to punch someone in the face, it would be a known threat and people wouldn't be such assholes because of that one risk they take.