10+ Year Old Account

Imagine if you can't link achievements

Hey everyone this topic is about Achievement system. Imagine if you can't link achievements for other players and just keeping it for yourself will it be better this way? to be honest in my personal opinion I wish Blizzard do that because really some people really miss use the achievements system and treat it as a proof of being pro or something like that. How many of you players got sick of some players doing the policy of no achiev = no invite. It's really annoying in many situation either it's pvp or pve some people have the skills and know what to do they can proof it by explaining tactics for example when it comes to pve but really some players just mindlessly no achiev no invite srry and stuff like that.

I missed the old TBC days where the raid leader ask the pug player if he knows tactics and explain to him in whisper or private to proof that he knows what to do instead of just linking achievements. Some people don't understand that Achievements doesn't mean being pro or anything it's just something the player do when he doesn't have raid or pvping just something for fun. For example in a certain raid let us say 25 or 10 man the group engaged the boss then someone just died the first 10 secs from that pull then the group just manage to kill the boss then he gets the achievement of that kill does this make him know what to do and pro? of course not.

Overall I think achievements should be something personal that can't be linked to other players this is my opinion please discuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of achievements if you can't show it publicly? You strive to achieve so that you can display it and be recognized.

Deleted
    sooo, you want to deprive each player of 5-25cm of e-peen? (depending on amount of their achievements)
    and hardcore raiders & arena gods - you gonna take away their 50cm prides?
    NO WAY!

Deleted
    So you mean i could not show my first Naxx / malygos / Yogg +0 / ToC / and last but not least....TAILOR !

THIS IS MADNESS !!!

Deleted
    So back to BTC days. ok..

Deleted
    If you couldn't link achievements, someone would code an addon to check them and then it'd just make an addon mandatory for a lot of puggers (like the way gearscore went for a little while). In theory it might seem nice - but people are still going to want to see proof now.

10+ Year Old Account
    No point doing achievements if other people cant see it or you cant show off to others.
    So the best way is just cancel this system, it's useless, you can't buy anything with those points.

Deleted
    That would mean I could PuG on my alts again without relogging to my main and link achievements.

I'd be happy :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    sooo, you want to deprive each player of 5-25cm of e-peen? (depending on amount of their achievements)
    and hardcore raiders & arena gods - you gonna take away their 50cm prides?
    NO WAY!
    I don't know what to say about your obsession with male genitals, but you sure as hell must hate some dude who didn't invite you to his pug.

Making achievements unlinkable just makes no sense. People like to show off and differentiate themselves from the crowd, and who are we to deny them that? Sure, some mis-use the system, but this is WoW (or rather, this is human nature): people will always mis-use something.

Don't punish the people using the system correctly just because some are idiots with it. Also, as to your specific problem with PuG leaders requiring achievements: if there were no achievements, people would go by ilevel. If there was no ilevel, they'd go by gearscore. If there was no gearscore, they'd go by how many tier pieces you're wearing (imagine: 'T12 helm or GTFO'. Yes, it would happen). If there were no tier pieces, they'd figure out some other way to quickly and easily judge someone within seconds.

It's human nature. Don't hate the tool, hate the tool who mis-uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone this topic is about Achievement system. Imagine if you can't link achievements for other players and just keeping it for yourself will it be better this way? to be honest in my personal opinion I wish Blizzard do that because really some people really miss use the achievements system and treat it as a proof of being pro or something like that. How many of you players got sick of some players doing the policy of no achiev = no invite. It's really annoying in many situation either it's pvp or pve some people have the skills and know what to do they can proof it by explaining tactics for example when it comes to pve but really some players just mindlessly no achiev no invite srry and stuff like that.

I missed the old TBC days where the raid leader ask the pug player if he knows tactics and explain to him in whisper or private to proof that he knows what to do instead of just linking achievements. Some people don't understand that Achievements doesn't mean being pro or anything it's just something the player do when he doesn't have raid or pvping just something for fun. For example in a certain raid let us say 25 or 10 man the group engaged the boss then someone just died the first 10 secs from that pull then the group just manage to kill the boss then he gets the achievement of that kill does this make him know what to do and pro? of course not.

Overall I think achievements should be something personal that can't be linked to other players this is my opinion please discuss.
    I understand where you're coming from, but at this point, I'd say if that is how you think, you must not have the achieves, which means your complaint is kind of devalued.

Thank you to Arhiana for the great sig!

Deleted
    then you could not use any "fake-your-achievement" addons.. damn they are great..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post

When there were no achievements, people would still ask for people who had the necessary XP if they wanted experienced people. When you claimed to have experience but later on showed that you didn't know what to do at all, you were in trouble.

Nobody likes liars, you see.

Linking an achievement is just proof that the person probably knows what they're doing.

That said, you're probably mad because you didn't get an invite for something without the achievement. Don't be mad. There actually are raids that take people without experience with them. The other day, we had a tank in Firelands on my alt who hadn't set foot in the place ever before. He got some explanations and we cleared the place. Some raid leaders will want to do that explaining, others won't.

You can't change people. And condemning the achievement system won't help. It's not the fault of an achievement link you cannot provide. People either choose to make the effort and explain tactics to you in a whisper or openly, or they don't.

Deleted
    account wide feature will help. The major problem is trying to raid on alts as far as i can tell. I have just finished leveling my new holy paladin, in the process of gearing it now. I have completed TotFW, BoT, BWD and Firelands, with some heroic bosses on main. However because I dont have the achievments on my alt i am seen to "not know what im doing." Im an active raiding member of 1 of only 3 25man raiding guilds horde side on the server but that doesnt matter to them.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You just really do not get what the achievement system is all about...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    You just really do not get what the achievement system is all about...
    achievements overall are a good idea. It gives people aims in a game which would otherwise stagnate quickly. Imagine your a raider who doesnt like pvp. Without achievements there is nothing outside raid hours.

equally you a PvPer who has reached rank 14, achievements give you something else to do with your PvP, a new aim for you.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reape View Post
    achievements overall are a good idea. It gives people aims in a game which would otherwise stagnate quickly. Imagine your a raider who doesnt like pvp. Without achievements there is nothing outside raid hours.

equally you a PvPer who has reached rank 14, achievements give you something else to do with your PvP, a new aim for you.
    Nope. There were no achievements in vanilla nor BC. No issues.
    Achievements main purpose is to give players a good way to wave e-dicks at each other.