Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SW: Jedi vs Sith (Amature short film)

Afternoon all,

My little brother being a huge Star Wars (& TOR) fan decided to film a live action fight sequence between a Jedi and Sith, he done all the light lightsaber effects.

Obviously the acting and cartography aren’t going to be amazing so don’t expect too much, just wanted to share this with you all.

Sith: Played by Jack Hawkins (my other younger brother)
    Jedi: Played by Chan-Woo Lim (His friend)

*Warning: the lightsaber sound effect at the beginning is a little loud so you might want to turn your speakers down a bit*

Last edited by Toccs; 2011-10-24 at 03:28 PM.

Much better than I was expecting. The effects are great.

Deleted
    Where nice idd!
    You need to work on the flow. It was kinda slow from time but over all a damn good vid.
    Allmost at top whit Ryan Vs Barndon

Whit time you will be better then Ryan. :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toccs View Post
    afternoon all,

my little brother being a huge star wars (& tor) fan decided to film a live action fight sequence between a jedi and sith, he done all the light lightsaber effects.

Obviously the acting and cartography aren’t going to be amazing so don’t expect too much, just wanted to share this with you all.

sith: Played by jack hawkins (my other younger brother)
    jedi: Played by chan-woo lim (his friend)

*warning: The lightsaber sound effect at the beginning is a little loud so you might want to turn your speakers down a bit*

[
    1:48 zomgh@x!!!

The one kids mom is gonna be really mad at the stains on his new white pants.

Other than that, pretty good job.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice! My favorite video is still this one

WARNING: turn to 240p BEFORE playing or the sound will kill you :P (option is in the bottom right of the video screen)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWvu8XYgNoc
    Last edited by Thornstar; 2011-10-24 at 10:49 PM.

This video was very well made, and although it was a tad bit slow (compared to other vids), i highly enjoyed the effect with force lightning and the clothing you guys used. I also loved the idea of charging up your lightsaber with force lightning. Great job overall!

wow.. .very nice job there. good use of force skills and not too overly dramatic. great job to your brother and his friend

edit: also grats to the Sith warior Jedi are nothing compared to the Darkside of the Force
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2011-10-24 at 11:25 PM.

I like all the videos I've seen people posting in this topic especially the first one in the OP. The force special effects, in the first video, like the lighting are very well done.

very AWSOME videos guys philefluxx and Thornstar. these guys are damn good duelists, a good show of force martial skill and i REALLY love the dual/staff saber styles.
    can go dual or saber staff with the twist of the sabers really nice there

Oh man awesome video's! I cant wait to see more.
    Signature by Eruionmel!

Ops vid was great tell them good job and the other two what the heck is it with you guys and the sith killing everyone and i love the ending of the first one :P

Thanks for all the feedback, hes currently planning another dual so if you have any ideas feel free to share them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing works guys, loved it very much.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was fun. I'm always happy when people do something like this. The guy who played the Sith, the way he was dressed reminded me more of a Nazgul from LotR than a Sith but other than that, it was fine.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Pfft...amateurs...
    Yes, they are, stop being an ass.

However, I was just telling my wife that two kids in a field did a better saber duel than George Fing Lucas did in either of the first two movies (episodes IV and V).

OP, tell your brother great job!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    It was fun. I'm always happy when people do something like this. The guy who played the Sith, the way he was dressed reminded me more of a Nazgul from LotR than a Sith but other than that, it was fine.
    lol yeah I got that vibe too, and it may just be because I have a shoe fetish ( gay man with a shoe fetish SUE ME :P ) I noticed those shoes he was wearing more than his outfit at first. xD

I have to admit... that finishing move was pretty awesome.

Nice job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space