Poll: What is your favourite tank to tank with?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is your favourite tank to tank with?

I have tanked with all 4 above level 80 and have to say DK > War >= Bear > Paladin. But that's just me

Paladin = Warrior > Druid > > > DK.
    I play all 4 at 85 and have raided on each.

Warriors and DKs have the most buttons and things to do which make them the most fun.

Paladins and Druids seem so empty. They lack the number of buttons as the above two. Druid tanking is at least fun. Paladin tanking is just too simple compared to the others. And everyone and their mother has a paladin tank.

Deleted
    I'm more used to my warrior and play him better than the other tanks, so it's still my favourite.
    DK is quite fun on bosses. Druids on packs when you pop Berzerk, and paladin is...well. Meh.

Deleted
    warrior, i tried them all 4 and warrior is the one is enjoy most. which is why im lvling a 2nd one and i dislike DK's the most. for some reason it just doesnt feel right i tried all 3 of the specs in wotlk for tanking and dps and i liked non. and i retried all 3 of them agian for their new respective roles and still i hate playing a DK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warrior >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Druid = Paladin > DK

Warriors is simply the most awesome because: Charge, Intercept, Intervene and Heroic Leap means ZOOM ZOOMing around the battlefield. Concussion Blow + Shockwave = awesome crowd control and damage mitigation (stunned mobs don't hurt you), Blood & Thunder is real nice aoe threat, Shield Block is a really nice short mitigation cooldown, Critical Block is awesome, and I love 40% 2minute shieldwall for heroics and 60% 4minute for raids. Also, Disarm, AOE Taunt, and other stuff I probably forgot.

Druids second because they also have a charge, a stun and use rage, and have fun singletarget and aoe rotations. Palladins second too because their rotations are fun, and they have an AWESOME amount of utility (all the different hands, etc.) plus lots of tank cooldowns and Avengers Shield never gets old. DKs are dead last (in Wrath I would have easily voted them most fun tank ever but not now) because not only are they spiky as hell, their cooldowns aren't what they used to be and runic empowerment can go die in a fire together with whoever came up with that shit of a mechanic.
    Last edited by AetherMcLoud; 2011-10-24 at 03:34 PM.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    I love playing with a paladin who actually knows he has tank cooldowns and when to use them. I hate tanking with a paladin who doesn't.

5. the good tank

warrior > druid > whatever else

DK>Warrior>Druid>Pally

DK's the most because they have the most Defensive cooldowns, they are the most manualized tanking class. DK's are an advanced tanking class that require far more thinking. People that falter at playing them simply cannot properly manage their runes/cooldowns. Warriors are a close second with Druid and Pally being the most boring to play as they have little thought process.
    Last edited by Kolgarth; 2011-10-24 at 07:20 PM.

Paladin > Warrior >= DK, and my druids have ended up as every spec but bear (despite both originally being intended to be bears lol)

And as an aside, most people who say paladins are easy mode tanks are generally also people who virtually never use (i.e.) hand spells & stuff like that (in my experience anyway). A good paladin should be GCD capped 95% of the time. My preference basically runs according to how much I feel like I'm fighting the mobs vs fighting my class.
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2011-10-24 at 07:26 PM.

If I'm random'ing into a dungeon, DK is the worst possible tank I can get matched up with. 9/10 DKs are horrible, stack stamina, and have no clue how to play and just mindlessly spam DS.

Deleted
    I have protadin blood dk and feral tank at 85.

I enjoy my dk most when raiding most and love it in 5mans even more. When you time DS really well and get the healer saying "wtf im bored i dont need to heal" Im happy.

Pally i find most boring with its more rigid routine but its better with HP change. Feral likewise. Im levelling a prot warr and am absolutely loving the mobility they have at the moment cant wait to get it to 85

DK > Paladin > warrior .....?druid

In all honestly, I haven't played a druid yet (because I dislike being stuck in a form) and the only reason I dislike warriors is because of their heroic strike/cleave being off the normal GCD. If that weren't the case, I'd be playing a warrior, which is sad.

In terms of usefulness though, paladins are just ridiculous. Silences, stuns, raid wall, healing, blocking; they pretty much have everything you need. They're fun in general because of this, but without a charge/death grip, my enjoyment is throttled.
    Last edited by Zookz25; 2011-10-24 at 08:20 PM.

I like warrior the best, but I've never really tanked as a DK.

So I suppose Warrior > Bear > Paladin

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are we talking the tank you prefer playing as? Or the tank you prefer playing alongside?

If you mean the former, I'd say warrior > druid > paladin > dk.

If you mean the latter, I'd say paladin > warrior > druid > dk.

---------- Post added 2011-10-24 at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zookz25 View Post
    DK > Paladin > warrior .....?druid

In all honestly, I haven't played a druid yet (because I dislike being stuck in a form) and the only reason I dislike warriors is because of their heroic strike/cleave being on a different GCD. If that weren't the case, I'd be playing a warrior, which is sad.

In terms of usefulness though, paladins are just ridiculous. Silences, stuns, raid wall, healing, blocking; they pretty much have everything you need. They're fun in general because of this, but without a charge/death grip, my enjoyment is throttled.
    You seem to operate under a bizarre misunderstanding of the warrior class and the GCD in general.

Heroic Strike and Cleave aren't on a different GCD: they are not on the GCD at all. DKs, btw, have a heroic strike ability. It's called Rune Strike. So do druids, it's called Maul. Paladins are the only tanking class without one. And all you have to do is change your abilities to macros, like change shield slam to something like this:

#show tooltip Shield Slam
    /cast Shield Slam
    /cast Heroic Strike

and do that with all the abilities like Devastate and Revenge and you're set, you never have to press Heroic Strike again.

---------- Post added 2011-10-24 at 04:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Billybumbler View Post
    I have protadin blood dk and feral tank at 85.

I enjoy my dk most when raiding most and love it in 5mans even more. When you time DS really well and get the healer saying "wtf im bored i dont need to heal" Im happy.

Pally i find most boring with its more rigid routine but its better with HP change. Feral likewise. Im levelling a prot warr and am absolutely loving the mobility they have at the moment cant wait to get it to 85
    I can't stand healing tanks like you. If you aren't taking enough damage, you aren't generating enough vengeance, and you aren't doing enough damage. If I'm not healing, and I"m bored, I'll probably start wiping us on purpose. Wear dps gear when tanking 5 mans if you have a raid tanking set. All you are doing is slowing the run down by at least 40%.

---------- Post added 2011-10-24 at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    If I'm random'ing into a dungeon, DK is the worst possible tank I can get matched up with. 9/10 DKs are horrible, stack stamina, and have no clue how to play and just mindlessly spam DS.
    Stacking stamina and spamming DS is a perfectly viable strategy for a DK tank.

---------- Post added 2011-10-24 at 04:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kolgarth View Post
    DK>Warrior>Druid>Pally

DK's the most because they have the most Defensive cooldowns, they are the most manualized tanking class. DK's are an advanced tanking class that require far more thinking. People that falter at playing them simply cannot properly manage their runes/cooldowns. Warriors are a close second with Druid and Pally being the most boring to play as they have little thought process.
    DK is the easiest by far... it's so easy that it's boring. What is complicated about a DK tank? You push about 25% as many buttons as the other tanks and just rotate extremely intuitive cooldowns. It's abominably dull.

I prefer Paladin myself. I don't really like how warrior tanking works, and Death knight and druid just doesn't seem that interesting to me.

I assume you're thinking of how things use to work.

Back in Wrath, yes, I macro'd Rune Strike and Heroic Strike into all of my abilities. Now, though, Rune strike is on the GCD, and works like any other ability.

Heroic Strike on the other hand, was boosted in it's rage consumption, and put on it's own 3 second CD, off the GCD. This made it so if I macro'd heroic strike into my moves, it would eat up a huge chunk of rage when I may of wanted to save instead. And spamming the ability outside of that is obnoxious to me.

I really use to like tanking as a warrior, I had two different bar sets for heroic strike and cleave that I swapped, and even when by myself, I would always have enough rage to spam them, but now it's just too irregular for it.

As for DK's being the easiest; I would agree that they may not have as many abilities, but they're the only ones who have reactive attacks that actually matter when you use them or not.

In the end, I like what warrior tanking is about (smashing shit), but it's just too spammy for me to care. Not enough timing involved.

*edit* Not actually sure why I bothered replying. You obviously have huge bias against DKs, and haven't taken much time to read up on them. All of your responses show me how little you know about them.
    Last edited by Zookz25; 2011-10-24 at 08:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    My DK for sure <3

Been playing a prot warrior since beta and will continue to play it until I kill Deathwing, then I am moving on from WoW