Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, just seemed to me to not quite fit with Films, music, TV etc.

Ok so my brother has made and is making a few songs using Reason, and i want to make some video clips for these. Im just having a couple of problems, and got a couple of questions.

First off, i want to use my uploaded videos on youtube. I had to reformat my hard drive a while ago (did have it backed up on a Maxtor 4 plus, but found out that these arent very reliable, w00t) and i lost all the raw files of my videos, but they are all there on youtube. Is there a way i can reobtain/download these files to my comp so i can use them in a video editor?

Second, trying to use windows movie editor, I try to move the song files (mp3) into it, but it says they are invalid file specs or corrupted. They still play fine with itunes, and WME says it can use mp3s, so is itunes clashing with WME and not alloying me to transfer them? Do i have to convert them to wav files or similar (if so, how?)? The one Wav file i have of his (in itunes too) xfers into WME no problem.

Second part A, when i try to move the mp4's i have on my phone into WME it says invalid file type. So i conerted them to avi files, WME says i dont have a codec. So i DL a codec, restart windows and WME, and i get the same error msg. What could be going wrong here? WME a PoS?

Lastly, mainly because some of the things above, I was wondering if anyone knew a good video editor for XP that i could use was somewhat free. Limited income stops me buying a super duper one, and the ones associated with youtube dont do some of the things i want, and id prefer to work on these clips offline rather than using a cloud or whatever.

Any help anyone could give would be much appreciated, and i apologise again if im in the wrong forum. If you need to know any more of my comp info, let me know. Thanks to all in advance.